Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche

Go down 
+19
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
MoonChild
Gilbert
Citanul
80s Metal Lady
the sentinel
Required Fields
journeyman
Wurthless
nevermore
James B.
tohostudios
Lari
chewie
Witchfinder
MetallicSeminarian
DakotaRogers
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Operation: Mindcrime (Choose 3)
Revolution Calling
 Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_lcap11% Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 7 ]
Operation: Mindcrime
 Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_lcap9% Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 6 ]
Speak
 Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_lcap6% Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 4 ]
Spreading the Disease
 Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_lcap8% Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 5 ]
The Mission
 Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_lcap8% Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 5 ]
Suite Sister Mary
 Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_lcap3% Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
The Needle Lies
 Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_lcap9% Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 6 ]
Breaking the Silence
 9% [ 6 ]
I Don't Believe in Love
 Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_lcap12% Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 8 ]
Eyes of a Stranger
 Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_lcap25% Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 65

AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 2:37 pm

That's a tough one because I think this album is genius! I went with Revolution Calling as my pick though.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 4:08 pm

Great album but "The magnum opus of heavy metal music"? That's cray-cray.

1. Some of the structures of the songs are pretty generic. I think the music on "Perfect Symmetry" is much more original and better composed, to provide an analogous example.

2. Plus it doesn't rock hard enough. I mean, how many songs on here really ROCK. Just a few. The rest are mostly quality middle-of-the-road melodic metal tunes. Hardly headbanging worthy.

3. The story itself is definitely overrated. If you read it as a stand alone story without music, would anyone care about it?

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 6:46 pm

I love this whole album..but I went with spreading the disease...although eyes of a stranger is a close second....
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 7:19 pm

I voted Eyes Of A Stranger

Since I hadn't spun this album in literally decades I figured I'd probably hate it.  But to my surprise I still enjoy it; something about the music on this album is just timeless for me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 7:08 am

I love this whole album as it was sort of my introduction into the band. I remember hearing "Rage for Order" shortly after it came out, but it never made much of an impression on me back in the day. I saw Queensryche on the ...And Justice For All tour in November '88 and then went back and got the rest of their catalog.

"Eyes of a Stranger" ~ "Breaking the Silence" ~ "Operation Mindcrime"
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:45 pm

Eyes of a Stranger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 10:48 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I think the music on "Perfect Symmetry" is much more original and better composed, to provide an analogous example.

After listening to a few samples, I bought the remaster off eBay for $7.

What are your thoughts on the rest of the FW discography? I'm only familiar with them up till No Exit.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 12:21 am

James B. wrote:
This is one of the most over-rated and pretentious albums ever recorded.

I really dig how they tell a story from the perspective that they are so much smarter than then those listening to it.

There isn't a damn thing "pretentious" about this album. Seems like you're butt-hurt because you were the last to figure out who killer Mary. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 12:24 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Great album but "The magnum opus of heavy metal music"?  That's cray-cray.

PLEASE tell me you say "cray-cray" in real life! lol!

Anyway, "The Mission" is my favorite, but all the songs are great. If I had to pick two more, I'd go with "Suite Sister Mary" and "Eyes of a Stranger."
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 8:46 am

Eyesore wrote:
James B. wrote:
This is one of the most over-rated and pretentious albums ever recorded.

I really dig how they tell a story from the perspective that they are so much smarter than then those listening to it.

There isn't a damn thing "pretentious" about this album. Seems like you're butt-hurt because you were the last to figure out who killer Mary. Laughing

Yeah that's it Ken \'arry \'eadbanger

As "complex" as they want you to believe the "concept" is, it comes down to a "simple truth". You are quite unable to do most of the things portrayed in the storyline if you are addicted to Heroin. Not to mention, they spent way to much time having to explain the concept in interviews and not allowing the individual to come to their own conclusions, isn't that the purpose of art.

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2