Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche

Go down 
+19
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
MoonChild
Gilbert
Citanul
80s Metal Lady
the sentinel
Required Fields
journeyman
Wurthless
nevermore
James B.
tohostudios
Lari
chewie
Witchfinder
MetallicSeminarian
DakotaRogers
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Operation: Mindcrime (Choose 3)
Revolution Calling
 Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap11% Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 11% [ 7 ]
Operation: Mindcrime
 Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap9% Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 9% [ 6 ]
Speak
 Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap6% Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 6% [ 4 ]
Spreading the Disease
 Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap8% Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 8% [ 5 ]
The Mission
 Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap8% Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 8% [ 5 ]
Suite Sister Mary
 Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap3% Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
The Needle Lies
 Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap9% Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 9% [ 6 ]
Breaking the Silence
 9% [ 6 ]
I Don't Believe in Love
 Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap12% Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 12% [ 8 ]
Eyes of a Stranger
 Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Vote_lcap25% Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Vote_rcap
 25% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 65

AuthorMessage
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Empty
PostSubject: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 4:51 pm

The magnum opus of heavy metal music, as well as the greatest concept album of all time; revolving around a drug addicted youth who is swept up as a pawn in a series of political assassinations.

Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Operation-mindcrime-cover1

Recorded at Kajem/Victory Studios, Gladwyne, PA/ Le Studio, Morin Heights, Quebec, Canada (1987-88)

Released: May 4, 1988

Produced by Peter Collins

Geoff Tate - Vocals, Keyboards
Chris DeGarmo - Guitars (electric, acoustic and synth)
Michael Wilton - Guitars (electric and acoustic)
Eddie Jackson - Bass
Scott Rockenfield - Drums, Percussion, Keyboards on "Electric Requiem"

Tunes
I Remember Now
Anarchy-X
Revolution Calling
Operation: Mindcrime
Speak
Spreading the Disease
The Mission
Suite Sister Mary
The Needle Lies
Electric Requiem
Breaking the Silence
I Don't Believe in Love
Waiting for 22
My Empty Room
Eyes of a Stranger

Last edited by DakotaRogers on Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 4:57 pm

My favorite is actually The Needle Lies. Awesome chorus.

This album took a while to grow on me but now I see it as a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 5:02 pm

I'm going with "Speak", "Revolution Calling" and "Operation: Mindcrime."

"The Needle Lies" is also superb.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 5:10 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
The magnum opus of heavy metal music,

lol!

I'll vote "The Needle Lies."
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 5:13 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

And your other 2 votes...? angry
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 5:14 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

And your other 2 votes...? angry

If I have to pick three - "Revolution Calling" and "Eyes Of A Stranger" are the other two.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 5:50 pm

I still do not listen to this album as much as I do Rage or Empire. I picked these 3:

Revolution Calling
I Don't Believe in Love
Eyes of a Stranger
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 6:42 pm

Breaking the Silence and Revolution Calling are the first two. I'll have to think about the third.

Why three anyway? Multiple choice would have been good for the previous one, so I could have voted for all the tracks except Gonna Get Close To You. Now I still haven't even voted on that one.

Nor the first one! I just decided they are all equal. Dammit, Queensryche is too hard for me to do.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 6:59 pm

This was a tough one. I went with Eyes Of A Stranger, I Don't Believe In Love and Suite Sister Mary.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 7:09 pm

I haven't listened to this album in literally more than a decade. But I remember loving it when I bought it (on vinyl for you oldsters like me) and this thread has made me decide to dig my CD copy out of the archives, blow the dust off and give it another spin. I think I already know what tracks I remember liking but my tastes have changed so much over the years that a fresh listen is in order.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 7:13 pm

This is one of the most over-rated and pretentious albums ever recorded.

I really dig how they tell a story from the perspective that they are so much smarter than then those listening to it.

I chose the last three because then the album is over. "I Don't Believe In Love" is a good tune (IMHDO)

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 7:18 pm

James B. wrote:
This is one of the most over-rated and pretentious albums ever recorded.

I really dig how they tell a story from the perspective that they are so much smarter than then those listening to it.

I chose the last three because then the album is over. "I Don't Believe In Love" is a good tune (IMHDO)

Laughing very hard

Don't sugarcoat it James...how do you really feel?

Seriously, that's one of the reasons I want to give it a fresh listen; the stuff I used to think was cool in my late 20s will probably annoy the hell outta me now. It seems like only punk and AC/DC-style music ages well with me.

Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 7:58 pm

Lari wrote:
Why three anyway?

God forbid we mix up the format every now and then, right?

For me, picking just one is impossible. Especially when all the songs on this album are perfect, with the exception of "Breaking the Silence."
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 8:06 pm

I like Breaking the Silence. Suite Sister Mary is my least favorite. However, I don't skip even it when I play the album.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 8:24 pm

The Mission!! That song rules!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 8:24 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
Lari wrote:
Why three anyway?

God forbid we mix up the format every now and then, right?

Nothing against mixing things up. But why three? Why not two or four, or a number chosen by each voter?

I ended up voting for only 2 songs, out of spite  Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche 499945

And because while all the songs are standouts, only two transcend it. Breaking the Silence and Revolution Calling. Great tracks, catchy, powerful, compact, work as separate songs as well as part of the story.

I may have mentioned The Warning being my favourite Queensrÿche album, but maybe it's actually this one. It's pretty much musical perfection. It's basically a power metal album. Only one or two songs have that 'pretentious' proggy feel to them. It's just killer songs one after another. Some of these riffs and melodies are to die for. The story just enhances it all. And it's actually one of the easier concept albums to follow. Pretty straight forward with little metaphor or artistic imagery. For better or worse.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 8:39 pm

Lari wrote:
Nothing against mixing things up. But why three? Why not two or four

I've seen a lot of other polls on different metal forums done this way. It makes things more interesting statistics-wise. This is also a special album for me, so it fit the occasion.

Either that, or I have this shit all of a sudden:

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 8:41 pm

I chose Speak as my first pick. The Needle Lies and Breaking the Silence are tied for two.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 9:39 pm

The Needle Lies. Speak and Breaking the Silence are also good.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 10:00 pm

The Mission, Breaking the Silence, and Eyes of a Stranger have my votes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 10:09 pm

Since it's a poll for the best "tune" on Operation Mindcrime, I chose "Eyes of a Stranger."
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 10:40 pm

1. Revolution Calling, 2. Eyes of a Stranger, 3. Operation: Mindcrime
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 11:01 pm

Eyes of a Stranger
Revolution Calling
I Don't Believe in Love
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 11:41 pm

I don't believe in love.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 3:51 am

Eyes of a Stranger
The Needle Lies
I Don't Believe in Love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche    Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Tunes on "Operation: Mindcrime" by Queensrÿche
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next