Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection

Go down 
+15
chewie
Boris2008
bgsully
BearOnUnicycle
Runicen
Gilbert
manny
Eyesore
thejokeriv
nevermore
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Lari
mikeinfla
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Empty
PostSubject: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 5:17 am

Let the flaming begin!

Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Operationmindcrime-resurrection

From Melodicrock.com

Frontiers Music srl is excited to announce the release of 'Resurrection', the new album from Operation: Mindcrime, the brainchild of legendary vocalist Geoff Tate. The album is set for a worldwide release on September 23, 2016.
'Resurrection' is the second part of the musical trilogy from iconic metal vocalist Geoff Tate. Following one year after the release of the debut album in September 2015, Operation: Mindcrime continues in the spirit of the historic album of the same name, spawning concepts as grand as the music, and intertwining the intensity of the former Queensr'che vocalist's iconic past with the provocative, progressive mindset that has made him one of music's most resolute forces and frontmen.

'The album 'Resurrection' is the second part of our three album presentation or trilogy. It continues the story that began on the first album 'The Key' with the near death experience of the lead character known as 'H' and his subsequent recovery of the missing encryption key. With the Key finally in his possession, 'H' has everything he needs to finally launch his long awaited project called 'The New Reality'. Or does he',' explains Geoff Tate.

Tate continued, 'I'm excited for people to hear and experience 'Resurrection' because I think it answers some of the questions that were posed in the first album, 'The Key'. Musically, it offers some of the most diverse and challenging material that I've ever written.'

Geoff Tate has sold more than 25 million records at the helm of Queensryche, the band he fronted for 30 years from their inception through 2012, earning three GRAMMY nominations, five MTV Music Video Award nominations, and one MTV Video Music Awards along the way. The landmark concept album Operation: Mindcrime thrust Tate's unique social consciousness, style and expertly crafted lyrics into the national spotlight in 1988, and was followed by Empire in 1990, the album that delivered Queensryche to arena-headlining status and sold more than three million albums on the back of hit singles and radio staples "Silent Lucidity" and "Jet City Woman." By the time the band released Promised Land in 1994, Geoff Tate was universally acknowledged as one of the greatest frontmen in rock and metal, and a driving force behind one of the most innovative bands in mainstream music. From Mindcrime and Promised Land through 2009's overlooked gem American Soldier - Tate's ambitious concept album that explores the consequences of war as told through the voices of veterans - Tate's 13-album tenure with Queensryche was marked by exploration, intrigue, bold risks and gratifying results.

'Resurrection' Track Listing:
1. Ressurrection
2. When All Falls Away
3. A Moment In Time
4. Through the Noize
5. Left For Dead
6. Miles Away
7. Healing My Wounds
8. The Fight
9. Taking On The World (Feature Tim Ripper Owens and Blaze Bayley)
10. Invincible
11. A Smear Campaign
12. Which Side Your On
13. Into The Hands Of The World
14. Live From My Machine

Musicians Featured On 'Resurrection' Include:
- Geoff Tate - Vocals, Keyboards, Saxophone
- Kelly Gray - Guitars, Bass, Vocals
- Scott Moughton - Guitars, Keyboards
- Randy Gane - Keyboards
- David Ellefson - Bass
- John Moyer - Bass
- Simon Wright - Drums
- Scott Mercado - Drums
- Brian Tichy - Drums
- Tim 'Ripper' Owens - Vocals
- Blaze Bayley - Vocals
- Mark Daily - Vocals
- Nick Greatrex - Guitars

For More Info Visit:
https://www.facebook.com/operationmindcrimeband/
http://www.operationmindcrime.com
http://geofftate.com
https://www.facebook.com/GeoffTateOfficial/
https://twitter.com/geofftate
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 6:07 am

Well, I'd want to hear that song with Blaze and Owens, out of curiosity more than anything, but beyond that I think I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 6:49 am

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Side note, how many bands/artists have an album titled "Resurrection?" Off the top of my head I can think of Halford, Venom, and Angel Witch.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 9:25 am

Unless what I hear from it knocks my socks off, I think I'll be passing on this one.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 1:25 pm

Lari wrote:
Well, I'd want to hear that song with Blaze and Owens, out of curiosity more than anything, but beyond that I think I'll pass.

Going by that, it sounds like he's embracing his metal roots again. At least for an individual song.

But as a whole, I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 2:31 pm

007 wrote:
Unless what I hear from it knocks my socks off, I think I'll be passing on this one.

Same here!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 3:04 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Lari wrote:

Going by that, it sounds like he's embracing his metal roots again. At least for an individual song.

That, plus Blaze & Ripper probably aren't that hard to recruit. lol!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 6:54 pm

I am surprised the Frontiers didn't drop The Vest after the abysmal sales and reaction of the last one. Pass.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 9:24 pm

That cover is absolutely ATROCIOUS!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 10:39 pm

The cover sucks but I like Geoff Tate's voice and will give it a shot before I sell the album down the river
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 10:43 pm

manny wrote:
The cover sucks but I like Geoff Tate's voice and will give it a shot before I sell the album down the river

I'll buy it, too. Probably used or new there's a good sale price (but probably not since pretty much every Frontiers album is way overpriced). The Key had "Re-inventing the Future," which is a killer tune, so there may be a gem or two on this one.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 2:17 am

I will check some samples first. Will then decide.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 8:53 am

This is probably a minority opinion, but I found the Operation: Mindcrime album a lot more interesting than the last album by QR.

Granted, a lot of the sins of the last QR could have been down to sequencing and production as the last four or so tracks had some signs of life - but I was just damn BORED listening to Condition Human. O:M wasn't a stone classic, but it certainly wasn't boring and had some good moments.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm perversely looking forward to a new album from Operation: Vestcrime. Razz
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 10:04 am

Runicen wrote:
This is probably a minority opinion, but I found the Operation: Mindcrime album a lot more interesting than the last album by QR.  

Granted, a lot of the sins of the last QR could have been down to sequencing and production as the last four or so tracks had some signs of life - but I was just damn BORED listening to Condition Human.  O:M wasn't a stone classic, but it certainly wasn't boring and had some good moments.  

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm perversely looking forward to a new album from Operation: Vestcrime.  Razz

Minority opinion for sure. You're probably the only one in the world who thinks that. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 10:10 am

Keep in mind, I'm not expecting any classics, but QR is in a bad way as far as I'm concerned. They seem rudderless and don't really stand out anymore. At least when Tate was with them, they were interesting like a train wreck. Now, they're just kind of... generic prog metal lite.

And typing that out is not a happy experience for me. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 11:21 am

Runicen wrote:
Keep in mind, I'm not expecting any classics, but QR is in a bad way as far as I'm concerned.  They seem rudderless and don't really stand out anymore.  At least when Tate was with them, they were interesting like a train wreck.  Now, they're just kind of...  generic prog metal lite.

And typing that out is not a happy experience for me.  Crying or Very sad

I completely disagree. I really liked the last album, but this latest one is fantastic. Easily the best thing they've done since Promised Land, and it includes, I think, some of the best songs they've ever written.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 8:06 pm

The classic QR doesn't do anything to me to. Stale and boring. Om is intersting in how bad the album turns out.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 9:22 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Runicen wrote:
Keep in mind, I'm not expecting any classics, but QR is in a bad way as far as I'm concerned.  They seem rudderless and don't really stand out anymore.  At least when Tate was with them, they were interesting like a train wreck.  Now, they're just kind of...  generic prog metal lite.

And typing that out is not a happy experience for me.  Crying or Very sad

I completely disagree. I really liked the last album, but this latest one is fantastic. Easily the best thing they've done since Promised Land, and it includes, I think, some of the best songs they've ever written.

This
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 1:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Runicen wrote:

Granted, a lot of the sins of the last QR could have been down to sequencing and production as the last four or so tracks had some signs of life - but I was just damn BORED listening to Condition Human.  O:M wasn't a stone classic, but it certainly wasn't boring and had some good moments.  

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm perversely looking forward to a new album from Operation: Vestcrime.  Razz

Minority opinion for sure. You're probably the only one in the world who thinks that. Haha.

By a happy coincidence i have the official numbers on this.

49 people prefer OM
253 people prefer QR

the other 7,399,999,598 people don't care! Laughing

There does seem to be a 'crappiest album cover' thing going on. The last QR cover was terrible, this is worse! Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection 288219
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 4:14 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Runicen wrote:

By a happy coincidence i have the official numbers on this.

49 people prefer OM
253 people prefer QR

the other 7,399,999,598 people don't care! Laughing

There does seem to be a 'crappiest album cover' thing going on. The last QR cover was terrible, this is worse! Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection 288219

It may not be a great cover, but at least it stands out. QR have been digging deep into the "also ran" pile when it comes to picking out their cover art. The Last one looks like something King Diamond would have released on '03 or so. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 11:04 am

I listened to the first track - sound like the same crap The Vest has putting out for years. Pass.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 2:20 am

About average with the last one. Decent.

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 8:02 pm

That is a pretty decent tune. Not bad at all, actually.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 7:40 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-blaze-bayley-and-tim-ripper-owens-to-join-forces-for-trinity-tour/

Well, now it looks Tate will be touring with Bayley and Owens.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 7:48 pm

Required Fields wrote:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-blaze-bayley-and-tim-ripper-owens-to-join-forces-for-trinity-tour/

Well, now it looks Tate will be touring with Bayley and Owens.

Lol! It's the mostly scab version of the Three Tremors.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection   Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Operation Mindcrime: Resurrection
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next