Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)

Go down 
+22
metalinmyveins
brokentulsa
iamrockerfun
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
nevermore
the sentinel
Thelemech
Boris2008
Troublezone
Hadley
DallasBlack
Wurthless
Glower
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
Lari
80s Metal Lady
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
James B.
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Best tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP
Ram It Down
Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 4 ]
Heavy Metal
Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 4 ]
Love Zone
Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Come And Get It
Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Hard As Iron
Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Blood Red Skies
Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 14 ]
I'm A Rocker
 4% [ 1 ]
Johnny B Goode
Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Love You To Death
Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Monsters Of Rock
Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 1:14 pm

The drum machine brings it down several notches.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm

whole album is off except opener and JBG. very weak album and forgetable.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 12:05 am

I went with Love Zone..a great song in the turbo big 80's sound...
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 4:14 pm

This is even more difficult to listen to than "Turbo". I didn't know any better in 1986, so I could plead my musical ignorance as a 15 year old, but I started to know better by 1988 and though I didn't hate the album when it first came out, I clearly knew something was amiss with this album and the band. I forced myself to listen to this album over the last two days and even the stuff that's cool like "Ram It Down" is mired by the goofiness at the 2:25 mark. "Heavy Metal" has a ripping solo with a fun riff at the beginning and then it gets progressively worse, mainly due to the asinine lyrics. Every time I listen to "Hard As Iron", I believe it's going to turn out better, but then the awful chorus comes in and it's all downhill from there. I could go on about other songs, but why? "Blood Red Skies" is the crowning achievement on this album, BUT, I still think it's a poor mans "Out In the Cold".

Priest were known as innovators, but all they were at this point were a bunch of followers and bad ones at that...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 4:30 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

Priest were known as innovators, but all they were at this point were a bunch of followers and bad ones at that...

Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 25679
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 5:52 pm

2 people voted for Johnny B.Goode? Whoa
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 12:20 am

One of the weakest JP albums. Why the majority of fans think its better than Turbo is a mystery I'd never fathom... Anyhow, Blood Red Skies is probably the only great tune on it, and a very clear winner by a mile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 12:52 am

One of the best Judas Priest albums. "Hard as Iron" gets my pick for being a crushing number, with the title track following in second.

"Love Zone" should've stayed behind for inclusion on Turbo and they should've never covered "Johnny B. Goode". Everything else holds up quite well.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 3:14 pm

Damn, I guess I'm too late. Was playing catch-up with these polls after a long absence and I see that they're closed. Oh well. I'm with ToB, this album died with the drum machines. If actual skins were used here, I can't say it'd be on par with Defenders, but at least far more listenable than Turbo. Anyway, Blood Red Skies is probably one of the more effective tunes here.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 7:02 pm

Okay now I've heard it, Blood Red Skies, Ram it Down & Hard as Iron are the only not horrible songs.

Hard as Iron got my vote because I still snigger like a schoolboy at the titleĀ  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 10:30 pm

The title track, followed by Hard as Iron and Blood Red Skies. There's only a couple of other songs that I care for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 9:18 am

I think if they recorded this album with a proper drummer it wouldn't actually sound that bad. There are some good ideas in most of the songs. A little punch in the gut is needed, and a good drummer could have provided it. And some drum fills to keep the dull parts interesting.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 3:05 pm

Bought a new copy. 8 bucks. Remastered. Old copy scratches and skips.
I looked at all the songs....pushed play.....wow....forgot just how good this release was.
Two extra bonus concert songs. They were better than AC / DC.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 3:38 pm

A forgotten JP gem headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 3:44 pm

Glower wrote:
Bought a new copy. 8 bucks. Remastered. Old copy scratches and skips.
I looked at all the songs....pushed play.....wow....forgot just how good this release was.
Two extra bonus concert songs. They were better than AC / DC.
Agreed on the AC/DC part. Priest were never as stagnant. Whatever they did, it was always fresh and different.

Drums aside, this album has great melodies and song writing. Ram It Down is a killer opener. Guitars sound sweet.

Still among the weaker Priest albums. Overall sound plus that god-awful Chuck Berry cover that should not be.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 8:26 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
The drum machine brings it down several notches.

Really bad! Who gave the okay on that..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2