Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)

Go down 
+22
metalinmyveins
brokentulsa
iamrockerfun
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
nevermore
the sentinel
Thelemech
Boris2008
Troublezone
Hadley
DallasBlack
Wurthless
Glower
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
Lari
80s Metal Lady
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
James B.
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Best tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP
Ram It Down
Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Vote_lcap14%Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Vote_rcap
 14% [ 4 ]
Heavy Metal
Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Vote_lcap14%Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Vote_rcap
 14% [ 4 ]
Love Zone
Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Vote_lcap4%Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Come And Get It
Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Vote_lcap0%Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Hard As Iron
Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Vote_lcap4%Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Blood Red Skies
Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Vote_lcap50%Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Vote_rcap
 50% [ 14 ]
I'm A Rocker
 4% [ 1 ]
Johnny B Goode
Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Vote_lcap7%Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Love You To Death
Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Vote_lcap0%Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Monsters Of Rock
Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Vote_lcap3%Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Empty
PostSubject: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 10:32 am

Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) 220px-Jpramitdown

Released- May 7th, 1988
Recorded- December 1987–March 1988
Studio- Ibiza Sound Studio, Ibiza, Spain,
Puk Recording Studios, Copenhagen, Denmark
Produced by Tom Allom, Glen Tipton, Rob Halford, and KK Downing.
Personnel- Rob Halford – vocals,K. K. Downing – guitar,Glenn Tipton – guitar,Ian Hill – bass guitar, and Dave Holland – drums.

The Tunes...

Ram It Down
Heavy Metal
Love Zone
Come And Get It
Hard As Iron
Blood Red Skies
I'm A Rocker
Johnny B Goode
Love You To Death
Monsters Of Rock

I considered doing "Priest Live", checked out the song list and said forget it. Then for some reason I decided to give it a listen. Glad I chose to leave it alone.

This is another album that I have never listened to all the way through.
I recall the drum machines when it was released and when gleaning my info for the input on this thread, it was discovered that Mr Holland had some health issues during recording.  

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 10:40 am

Blood Red Skies for me, beautiful song.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 10:44 am

Johnny B Goode. They took a classic tune and really made it their own. A real cracker of a tune.

Just kidding. That song sucks donkey! 'Blood Red Skies' is epic.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39573

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 10:54 am

Blood Red Skies for me. I actually think the rest of the album isn't bad (except for Johnny B Goode).
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 11:11 am

"Blood Red Skies" is the "Out In The Cold" of Ram It Down. It even has the same placement on the album.

This was the first JP album I bought when it first came out. I was so excited. The commercial for it said "Take it out, put it on, Ram It Down!" or something like that, and a fist would slam down the vinyl record on the phonograph. There were a lot of JP articles in the metal mags with the band sporting their new perms. Laughing It was really well-promoted.

I played the cassette on a boombox in my parents' backyard while sunbathing. It was one of the few cassettes I had, so it got a lot of plays. I tolerated it, but was mainly disappointed. I listened to it on Spotify last night after not hearing it in a long time, and it was a little better than I was expecting, but some songs were still awful. "Heavy Metal, what do you want"...Ugh! "Hard As Iron"...Ugh! That bridge in the title track sounds like it could be the theme song to some cheesy '80s sitcom. "Blood Red skies" still holds up, though.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 11:12 am

I'm a Rocker.

The drums sound awful on this album. Must have been a drum machine.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 11:17 am

"Blood Red Skies" is my favorite. My dark horse pick is "Hard As Iron."

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 11:23 am

I wanted to Ram It Down the garbage disposal.

Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 11:58 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Johnny B Goode. They took a classic tune and really made it their own. A real cracker of a tune.

Just kidding. That song sucks donkey!

Poor donkey!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 12:19 pm

'nother vote for "Blood Red Skies" here.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 12:48 pm

Vintage footage !
This song reminds me of Halford - like Dr. Jeckyl -
in the lab - mixing all the ingrediants -
and his singing and lyrics - sound like Frankenstien -

" When the power chords come crashing down -
they go tearing through my sense -
it's for the strong NOT for the weak -
Bring Light in Dark Demensions !
It stimulates regenerates -
it's theraputic healing "

Halford wrote some great lyrics on this one !

Last edited by Glower on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 1:12 pm

Blood Red Skies has always been one of my favorite Priest tracks, so it gets my vote.

The cheese is tolerable on this album for the most part. My second pick probably would've been Love Zone, it's pretty catchy and not the most cringe-worthy song of the bunch.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 1:14 pm

The title track
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 10:53 am

This old wizard NAILS it !
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 3:04 pm

I decided to vote for Hard as Iron, though the title track and Blood Red Skies are close seconds.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 3:26 pm

I like about half this album. The title track has my vote, but I also like Blood Red Skies, Hard As Iron, Heavy Metal and I'm A Rocker.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 7:20 pm

S.D. wrote:
I wanted to Ram It Down the garbage disposal.  

Laughing very hard

For my part I'm not sure that I've ever heard this record! I own this record as I bought it as a bundle with Screaming & Turdo just to complete my '70s & '80s Priest collection but at the time this came out I could not have cared less about Priest. Never in the history of music has there been a more cliche collection of song titles!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 7:34 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
The title track

That's another awesome song.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 7:43 pm

Heavy Metal
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 8:16 pm

I voted for "Blood Red Skies" b/c I had to pick one song. I absolutely love this album. Always have and always will. I remember walking, my best bud and me, walking in the heat that Summer to pick this up at the local record store. I remember going back to his house and just cranking this cassette as we read our Hit Paraders and Metal Edge mags. Ahhh, the good old days.

Props to James B. for keeping the Priest polls going. Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) 604261
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 9:10 pm

Blood Red Skies is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 11:32 pm

ram it down. but the entire album smokes imo.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 10:15 am

Cute Giesha gal nails it !
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 10:55 am

headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 11:08 am

What a hard listen. I did better programming when working at Pakaderm Studios back in the day.
I am going with "Blood Red Skies". It does have elements that are hokey as hell, but also is the best written tune on the album. (IMHDO)

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)   Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Tune off of "Ram It Down" by JP (Judas Priest)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next