Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest

Go down 
+10
80s Metal Lady
MoonChild
Boris2008
Temple of Blood
Lari
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
Witchfinder
James B.
14 posters

"Machine Man"
Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap6%Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
"One on One"
Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap19%Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
"Hell Is Home"
Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap19%Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
"Jekyll and Hyde"
Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap13%Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
"Close to You"
Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap6%Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
"Devil Digger"
 6% [ 1 ]
"Bloodsuckers"
 19% [ 3 ]
"In Between"
Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap0%Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
"Feed on Me"
 6% [ 1 ]
"Subterfuge"
 6% [ 1 ]
"Lost and Found"
Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap0%Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
"Cyberface"
 0% [ 0 ]
"Metal Messiah"
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 4:23 pm

Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest 220px-Judaspriestdemolition

Released- July 16, 2001
Recorded- 1999–2001, Silvermere Studios, Surrey, England
SPV/Steamhammer (Europe and Japan), Atlantic Records (USA)
Producer- Glenn Tipton and Sean Lynch
The Band- K. K. Downing – guitar, Glenn Tipton – guitar, Ian Hill – bass guitar, Scott Travis – drums, and Tim "Ripper" Owens – vocals
Additional Musicians- Don Airey- keyboards.
The Tunes...
"Machine Man"
"One on One"
"Hell Is Home"
"Jekyll and Hyde"
"Close to You"
"Devil Digger"
"Bloodsuckers"
"In Between"
"Feed on Me"
"Subterfuge"
"Lost and Found"
"Cyberface"
"Metal Messiah"
There are some bend over and bonus tunes...
Japan version has "What's My Name"
Digipak version has "Rapid Fire" & "Green Manalishi" both re-records.
The Aussie version has all 3 tunes.

My opinion
I gave this the proverbial virgin listen while typing up this thread. Over the years, the usual consensus is along the lines of this being sign

(IMHDO) This is better than "Jugulator" Do I dig on all of it ? Nope
There is a lot of varied melodic aspects in the songs that give the album some character. Musically, I like "Metal Messiah" best (awesome lead breaks), but overall as "songs" go, the contenders for the best are "One on One", "Blood Suckers", and "Subterfuge". I will go with "One on One".

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 4:33 pm

I guess "One On One."

Ugh. Such a crap album, layered up with what Priest thought was "trendy" at the time - Nu-Metal goofery everywhere! Mostly, the songs aren't any good, and it didn't help that Halford's solo album completely blew this out of the water.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 4:49 pm

Hell is Home has a nice doomy quality with some decent melody. The acoustic interlude is a killer groove (that never successfully recovers thanks to a mediocre coda). But they do kind of sprawl out of control on this album. It does have character though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 5:07 pm

Toss up between "Machine Man" and "Bloodsuckers" for me.  

The rest of this album is a hot steamin' poop burger. Give me Jugulator any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

"Cyber Face" is possibly the worst song in Priest's entire catalog.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 5:47 pm

Feed on Me is awesome.

Otherwise it's a pretty bad album, by Priest standards. The modern influences ruin even good ideas on some songs (like Metal Messiah and Subterfuge). But Feed on Me is a pretty classic heavy metal tune.

I also like Machine Man, and I guess Hell is Home has a nice big hook.

This album also has probably their worst song ever, Cyberface.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 5:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

"Cyber Face" is possibly the worst song in Priest's entire catalog.
LOL my thoughts exactly. I swear I didn't read other replies before posting.

Jugulator is a lot better, I agree with that too.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 6:04 pm

Bloodsuckers!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 6:15 pm

No mention for the one song that I think is a brilliant song! Like the rest of the album It doesn't sound like Priest and is very much of it's time but I absolutely love Close To You.

This album is one long identity crisis for a band low on confidence but I would love to know who's idea it was to have songs that sounded like Marilyn Manson!!! I don't think it's terrible and has better songs than Jugulator.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 6:21 pm

This sums it up:
Quote :
If I was wrestler, this would be my entrance music)
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 8:00 pm

I actually like this album better than most people do. It's not perfect by any means but I do listen to it often enough. I went with Bloodsuckers.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 9:21 pm

I like this album, a lot. I go with Bloodsuckers.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 1:02 am

James B. wrote:

(IMHDO) This is better than "Jugulator"   Do I dig on all of it ? Nope
There is a lot of varied melodic aspects in the songs that give the album some character.

This is exactly my feelings on the two Ripper albums. I like the variety on Demolition and so many songs have character and are catchy. Several songs I really liked from this album including "Jeckyll and Hyde," "In Between," and "Devil Digger." The song that grabbed hold of me and hasn't let go, though, is "Hell Is Home." I think I'm going to buy a download of that track and maybe "Jeckyll."

The high notes on "Bloodsuckers" sure sounds like Rob Halford. It would've fit right in on Painkiller.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 11:37 am

Only got this album a couple of weeks ago.

Never thought of it as a must have.

Subterfuge gets my vote. But i guess i need to revisit this album.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 1:54 pm

I've always enjoyed the catchy riff in "One On One", so this is sort of a no-brainer for myself. I do also enjoy "Bloodsuckers" quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 3:07 pm

I'm gonna take a pass on this one. This is the only JP album I no longer own. I used to have it, probably as a new release no less, but jettisoned it a few years ago due to it's sheer crappulance.

I've toyed with the idea of repurchasing just to fill out the discography, but I'd rather spend that money on something I'll listen to and enjoy.

Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 9:55 pm

Hell is Home
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 8:57 am

[quote="MetalGuy71"]I'm gonna take a pass on this one. This is the only JP album I no longer own. quote]

I own nothing between "Defender's Of The Faith" (which is vinyl) and "Angel of Retribution". One of the main reasons why I chose them for some "poll" threads. So I and maybe others could check out the stuff not owned/heard for another reason than just to listen.

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 9:21 am

James B. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm gonna take a pass on this one. This is the only JP album I no longer own. quote]

I own nothing between "Defender's Of The Faith" (which is vinyl) and "Angel of Retribution".  One of the main reasons why I chose them for some "poll" threads.  So I and maybe others could check out the stuff not owned/heard for another reason than just to listen.

Get Painkiller. It's at least a top 3 Judas Priest album. At least. Maybe their best?
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 1:02 pm

James B. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm gonna take a pass on this one. This is the only JP album I no longer own. quote]

I own nothing between "Defender's Of The Faith" (which is vinyl) and "Angel of Retribution".  One of the main reasons why I chose them for some "poll" threads.  So I and maybe others could check out the stuff not owned/heard for another reason than just to listen.

Same here. I don't have any JP after Turbo since I got rid of Ram It Down & Painkiller years ago. We have options now! Spotify and YouTube. It's so cool to listen to albums I've never heard before with a click of a button. I'm glad I listened to Demolition. Some good stuff on there.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 12:19 am

Lari wrote:
James B. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Get Painkiller. It's at least a top 3 Judas Priest album. At least. Maybe their best?

I guess you missed my opinion of the album in the thread for best tune off of "Painkiller" ? Pretty much said the arrangements were poop in the bridge department for the most part and it seemed pretty pretentious to do that kind of album at that point in time. Oh yeah and Scott was pretty much rehashing Racer X stuff with the exception of the song I liked best.

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Demolition" by Judas Priest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1