Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest

Go down 
+19
Temple of Blood
Maidenfan8887
the sentinel
Gilbert
MetallicSeminarian
Red Kitty
Lari
MoonChild
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
Glower
metalinmyveins
Wurthless
corplhicks
Olafsto
80s Metal Lady
MetalGuy71
James B.
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Best Tune Off Of JP's "Angel of Retribution"
"Judas Rising"
Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap29%Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 29% [ 8 ]
"Deal with the Devil"
Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap4%Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
"Revolution"
Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap7%Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
"Worth Fighting For"
Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap7%Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
"Demonizer"
 7% [ 2 ]
"Wheels of Fire"
Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap14%Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 14% [ 4 ]
"Angel"
Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap4%Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
"Hellrider"
Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap21%Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 21% [ 6 ]
"Eulogy"
Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap0%Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
"Lochness"
 7% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 10:26 am

Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest 220px-AngelOfRetributionJPG

Released- February 23, 2005 (Japan) & March 1, 2005 (Worldwide)
Recorded- October–December 2004, Old Smithy, Worcestershire, England and Sound City, California.
Produced by Roy Z & Judas Priest.

The band-Rob Halford – vocals, Glenn Tipton – guitar, K. K. Downing – guitar, Ian Hill – bass and Scott Travis – drums.

Tunes...
"Judas Rising"
"Deal with the Devil"
"Revolution"
"Worth Fighting For"
"Demonizer"
"Wheels of Fire"
"Angel"
"Hellrider"
"Eulogy"
"Lochness"

Best album since "Screaming For Vengeance" (IMHO)
The first one purchased by me since "Defenders Of The Faith"
My favorite tune is "Worth Fighting For"

That is all I got...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 10:31 am

I soooo want to vote for 'Lochness' just to cheese people off, but I gotta go with 'Deal with the Devil'. 'Demonizer' and 'Judas Rising' could've easily been picked too. The whole album is excellent as far as I'm concerned. Great return for these old coots.

Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 10:54 am

"Worth Fighting For" for me.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 10:59 am

Voted for Judas Rising. Great Album, one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 11:09 am

Hellrider. And I think I'm the only person who thinks Loch Ness is a cool tune.(actually the whole album is great)
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 11:33 am

007 wrote:
Hellrider. And I think I'm the only person who thinks Loch Ness is a cool tune.(actually the whole album is great)

Count me in on Lochness. The whole song is just moves from start to finish. A fine closer.

Although I went with Hellrider as well. If I were a biker, that would be my anthem.

Whole album, save for Angel, is magnificent.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 11:39 am

Hmm, I like Angel.

My favorite track is Judas Rising, though. It was one of the first Priest tracks I remember hearing, along with You've Got Another Thing Comin'.

I need to give this whole album a listen sometime soon, it's been a long while.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 11:50 am

"Angle of Retribution" is easily the bands best effort since "Defenders of the Faith". There are many good tunes to pick from, but I went with "Wheels of Fire".
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 12:12 pm

Lochness - is one of those 13 minute metal epics - not easy -
The song also hints of seduction - Halford's speciality in lyric writing
Black Sabbath sounding / inspired, no doubt.
I feel this song, might have, inspired the Nostradamus themed effort.
Not my fav. but I did want to check in with these comments Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest 604261
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 12:21 pm

"Judas Rising" for me. I remember going out to Best Buy for a first-day copy of this CD and as soon as I heard that track all was right with the world because Rob Halford was back fronting Judas mudda f**king Priest again headbanger !!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 12:25 pm

"Judas Rising" for me.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 12:57 pm

HELLRIDER
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 12:57 pm

I went with Revolution. A bit of a throwback sound. I wasn't too happy with this album. Rob sounds strained and the songs are a little uninspired.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 1:55 pm

Demonizer!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 2:14 pm

Revolution for me, it's just so hooky and memorable.

The whole album is quite solid, though. Although I don't think I could say it's on the level of Defenders or Painkiller, let alone their 70s masterpieces.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 2:35 pm

Judas rising.
Will play this one tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 5:30 pm

" Too fast to give a damn - stand my ground -
No one or anthing - to tie me down -
Born on the other side, wild as a hurricane, living in overdrive"
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 8:33 pm

This whole album is killer! Yes, even "Loch Ness!" I am voting for "Demonizer" with "Worth Fighting For" a very close second. "Hellrider" comes in third as I really love the live version on Touch of Evil Live.
Back to top Go down
Maidenfan8887
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 9:15 pm

Hellrider!

Saw Priest on this tour. Anthrax opened for them. Was a great night!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 9:16 pm

Maidenfan8887 wrote:
Hellrider!

Saw Priest on this tour. Anthrax opened for them. Was a great night!

I saw that tour too. Great stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 9:25 pm

Great comeback album. Worst songs for me on here are wheels of fire (inferior to Mano wars version) and worth fighting for.

My favorite is hellrider. Those dual guitars at the end are just epic.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 9:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Judas Rising" for me. I remember going out to Best Buy for a first-day copy of this CD and as soon as I heard that track all was right with the world because Rob Halford was back fronting Judas mudda f**king Priest again headbanger !!

Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest 604261 Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 10:00 pm

I love this album--every song--but I voted "Wheels of Fire" as #1.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 10:03 pm

Went with Judas Rising.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 8:34 am

Played this album twice already.
Serious stuff. A killer cd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest   Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Tune of off "Angel of Retribution" by Judas Priest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next