Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest

Go down 
+23
MetalGuy71
chewie
Lari
candlemass
Gilbert
DevZor
Boris2008
Wurthless
Leatherface
nevermore
assault_attack
the sentinel
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Lurideath
Glower
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
80s Metal Lady
metalinmyveins
MoonChild
Fat Freddy
James B.
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

"Turbo Lover"
Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 5 ]
"Locked In"
Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
"Private Property"
Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
"Parental Guidance"
Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
"Rock You All Around the World"
Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
"Out in the Cold"
Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_lcap57%Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 57% [ 20 ]
"Wild Nights, Hot & Crazy Days"
Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
"Hot for Love"
 0% [ 0 ]
"Reckless"
Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 35

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 12:55 pm

Locked in.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 8:10 pm

Hard to believe this is the same band that made Stained Class!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 8:19 pm

candlemass wrote:

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 1:32 am

candlemass wrote:

Happenes, but they quickly recovered, thankfully.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 10:58 am

MoonChild wrote:
candlemass wrote:

Happenes, but they quickly recovered, thankfully.

When?

Ram It Down was equally pathetic, probably more because of the f**king drum machine being used throughout. Trying to all of a sudden "heavy things back up" ended up sounding more calculated, laughable and frankly kinda sad than their questionable attempt at teeny-bopper on Turbo. When a heavy metal band ends up writing a song called "heavy metal" to try and re-convince their audience of their intentions you know desperation has set in.

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 11:38 am

Locked In
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 11:55 am

Moonchild may've been talking about Painkiller as the quick recovery from mediocrity, but who knows. Ram it Down is a sentimental favorite of mine, though, because it was one of my first exposures to metal in general. My dad had it on cassette (it was one of the few survivors of his collection) and gave it to me when I was 10 or so. So I played the shit out of it, haha.

I might actually jam it right now, lol.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 12:14 pm

I agree with most of what you said SD, but Ram It Down, overall was way better than Turbo Lover. And Painkiller which followed, has lot of personal memories for me, and I consider it a good album.

Ram It Down, and Blood Red Skies, are two awesome songs Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 12:19 pm

MoonChild wrote:
I agree with most of what you said SD, but Ram It Down, overall was way better than Turbo Lover. And Painkiller which followed, has lot of personal memories for me, and I consider it a good album.

Blood Red Skies is the only track I really like on that album, sort of like Out in The Cold being the only track I liked on Turbo. I've tried to revisit the album in the past few years but the production just ruins it for me, I find it too distracting to get any enjoyment from it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 12:36 pm

'Wild Night's' gets the vote from me. Their isn't much I care for on that album, but that song was the first one that popped into my mind as soon as I read the title. That must account for something.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 1:34 pm

Out in the cold.... still a better album than ram it down
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 5:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
'Wild Night's' gets the vote from me. Their isn't much I care for on that album, but that song was the first one that popped into my mind as soon as I read the title. That must account for something.

I like this song as well and would easily be my second favorite on the album. Though I never cared for the chorus. I like the main riff in the song. I would love to hear the song without the awful keyboards.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 1:51 am

My second favorite priest album period..Wish I could choose every single song because I love them all..but I went with ...

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 6:19 pm

I had recently been discharged from the Marines when I heard the news of a new Priest lp coming out, I was stoked since it had been a few years since Defenders, plus the landscape of metal was rapidly digressing into glam drivel, so I was doubly stoked for some real metal...the fist track released I heard was the title track, what a HUGE disappointment! Priest had gone glam, I couldn't believe it, then the pics I saw of them w/their hair all poofy and talking about "turbo metal!" sick
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 6:40 pm

I've listened to it again but I still can't pick a single song from this mess that I even remotely enjoy.

Should have called it Turdo!  Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 288219
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 1:47 am

Awesome album throughout, totally underrated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 9:39 am

S.D. wrote:
MoonChild wrote:

Blood Red Skies is the only track I really like on that album, sort of like Out in The Cold being the only track I liked on Turbo.  I've tried to revisit the album in the past few years but the production just ruins it for me, I find it too distracting to get any enjoyment from it.  

They just seemed lost on that album, an identity crisis from the Turbo Storm that hit them...
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 9:44 pm

S.D. wrote:
When a heavy metal band ends up writing a song called "heavy metal" to try and re-convince their audience of their intentions you know desperation has set in.

Like this?

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 10:03 pm

I'm sure Ult will take it as a compliment to be compared to Judas Priest humble
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 10:20 pm

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 10:33 pm

Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 11:07 pm

Out in the cold. I hold similar views on this album, as many do. Too much mtv envy. I view this album no different than any other Priest release. Some are better than others, but all are Priest. I'm impressed that they dove right into the guitar synth and came up with some cool parts. Overall the synth sounds are overplayed. Like a guitarist getting a cool new pedal and using it on pretty much everything. Priest, true to form, came up with the typical "Priest" lyrics. If I'm at a stop light I roll up the windows and turn it down, that's how bad they are. With all that said, I find myself listening to this album mostly for the fond memories of the times had when this album came out and it was played all over the place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 11:21 pm

candlemass wrote:
S.D. wrote:
When a heavy metal band ends up writing a song called "heavy metal" to try and re-convince their audience of their intentions you know desperation has set in.

Like this?

NO. That's completely different.

Priest was practically screaming "we're metal again! we're metal again!" after the temporary Turbo detour. To me, that felt even more calculated than doing Turbo in the first place.

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 11:23 pm

Quote :

just looked up the stats on these records...Stained Glass (a great album) only went Gold and sold a little over 500,000 copies while Turbo went Platinum and has sold 2.5 million copies worldwide...Just an interesting fact headbanger
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 11:59 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :

just looked up the stats on these records...Stained Glass (a great album) only went Gold and sold a little over 500,000 copies while Turbo went Platinum and has sold 2.5 million copies worldwide...Just an interesting fact headbanger

I believe "Rambo" did even better, since when do the masses define good art?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next