Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70

Go down 
+34
Wargod
Hadley
muckie
Leatherface
the sentinel
Vexer6
Required Fields
brokentulsa
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
James B.
Boris2008
ShadowAngel
Glower
Thrasher73
MoonChild
Troublezone
mc666
nevermore
80s Metal Lady
metalinmyveins
manny
DakotaRogers
Eyesore
Thelemech
MetallicSeminarian
Lari
Witchfinder
Grimmo
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 11:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
This seems appropriate - the memorial service for Lemmy will be held at his "home base" in Hollywood, the Rainbow Bar & Grill, on Saturday the 9th. Should be one hell of a party.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/memorial-services-for-lemmy-to-be-held-at-rainbow-bar-grill/

I might go, haven't been down the strip in a while. I just hate the vibe at the Rainbow/Roxy/Whisky. That whole area, brings back bad memories of my 20's.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 7:01 pm

S.D. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
This seems appropriate - the memorial service for Lemmy will be held at his "home base" in Hollywood, the Rainbow Bar & Grill, on Saturday the 9th. Should be one hell of a party.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/memorial-services-for-lemmy-to-be-held-at-rainbow-bar-grill/

That's awesome.  

You should go

I have to work.  I don't think I should go to the Rainbow and get shitfaced beforehand.  Razz

Isn't it going until 2AM? Go afterwards if you can!
Back to top Go down
Hec_The_Wreck
Metal novice
Metal novice
Hec_The_Wreck

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 5:01 pm

My two cents on this sad news,I was lucky enough to meet him back in 99 and he was a true gent but man this past year seeing him fall apart was too much and I even passed going to see the band because I didn't wanna see him that way,sucks that I been into this band since 81 and now there will never be another Motorhead album or anything.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 4:44 pm

I heard of these guys a year or so ago -
I had to smile - as if Lemmy's illegitamate son -
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:05 pm

http://www.cnet.com/news/streaming-funeral-for-metal-music-legend-lemmy-lets-everyone-attend/

If anyone is interested....this is a link to follow the funeral ? As I was leaving a AA meeting today....warm rainy day....I was tempted to get a 1/2 pint of Jack - but no way....sigh...cant risk it.....but I also thought....as I walked to my car.....with a smile.....they better have AT LEAST 10 cops out and about - when I think of - L.A - I think of Morrison first - then Charlse Buckowski - maybe Guns and Roses / L.A Guns - but really - England's transplant -....Lemmy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:17 pm

I ended up with a day shift today, so I might take a trip up to the Rainbow later to see how mobbed it is.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:56 pm

Lemmy shot a TV ad for a Finnish dairy company in December while on tour in Finland.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 6:17 pm

Lemmy's memorial service is live streaming right now on Motorhead's official YouTube channel... anyone else watching?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 9:29 pm

R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 _87589079_funeral_youtube_pa
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 4:15 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 _87589079_funeral_youtube_pa

That's the "white church" at Forest Lawn Memorial Park. I've been there too many times. My grandpa and great-grandma are buried there.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 8:52 pm

That is a beautiful church. The photo of the 3 Motor dudes on the altar is a nice touch.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 8:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Lemmy's memorial service is live streaming right now on Motorhead's official YouTube channel... anyone else watching?

I watched it. I loved all the great stories!!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 7:15 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 7:23 pm

R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 647664
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 1:14 pm

The new issue of Classic Rock magazine will be dedicated to Lemmy...

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/features/2016-01-27/classic-rock-new-issue-on-sale-now-1

Of course, for those of us State-side, we'll have to wait till next month before it reaches us. Still, something to look forward to.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 1:21 pm

Wanna see this guy get a Lemmy tattoo? Sure you do.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 4:04 pm

Glower wrote:

Hahaha! Very Happy 

Seeing that reminded me of Motorhead on a kids show in the U.K called Tiswas. As you can see it really wasn't that unusual to be a nine year old Motorhead fan at the time (loved seeing Lemmy squirm as he lies about where the name comes from lol!  )

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 6:42 pm

That tattoo is incredibly good - the artist they have now adays !
Not easy to sit for 4-5 hours - either -
I did buy a Motorhead bumper sticker for my car -
it's next to my Ace Frehley face bumper sticker - lol -
Also, I cant believe how messy and dirty they all got on that kids show -
Lemmy showed his composure - getting a cream pie in the face -
Great watch !
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 11:48 pm

Glower wrote:
That tattoo is incredibly good - the artist they have now adays !
Not easy to sit for 4-5 hours - either -
I did buy a Motorhead bumper sticker for my car -
it's next to my Ace Frehley face bumper sticker - lol -
Also, I cant believe how messy and dirty they all got on that kids show -
Lemmy showed his composure - getting a cream pie in the face -
Great watch !

Everyone got a pie in the face on that show courtesy of the resident baddie 'The Phantom Flan Flinger' so the band will have been expecting it. It was the messiest most anarchic kids show of all time, I loved it

Iron Maiden didn't escape either!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 1:07 pm

256 Motorhead songs. All at once. Enjoy.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 10:17 am

Lemmy memorial statue at the Rainbow unveiled...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/lemmy-tribute-statue-unveiled-at-the-rainbow-room/ar-BBw3Xgx?ocid=ansmsnnews11

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 2:58 pm

I'm not sure. It kinda makes Lemmy look old and dusty,
as if in confederate soldier times.
Has any heard of any Motörhead book in the works ?
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 3:03 pm

i totally see the confederate soldier resemblence, dude, haha. really cool idea though to have a monument put up in his memory.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 9:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Lemmy memorial statue at the Rainbow unveiled...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/lemmy-tribute-statue-unveiled-at-the-rainbow-room/ar-BBw3Xgx?ocid=ansmsnnews11

Yeah, I saw this the other night on SR and didn't really think it was too flattering looking. I guess it's par for the course though as Lemmy was always a no frills type of bloke.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 2:08 pm

There is a Lemmy biopic in the works...

https://deadline.com/2020/06/motorheads-lemmy-kilmister-biopic-cannes-1202959961/

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next