Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What the hell? Lemmy

Go down 
+5
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Shiney
Chairman_Smith
9 posters
AuthorMessage

What the hell?  Lemmy Empty
PostSubject: What the hell? Lemmy   What the hell?  Lemmy Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:46 am

http://www.roughedge.com/cdreviews/l/lemmy.htm

Has any one heard this? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: What the hell? Lemmy   What the hell?  Lemmy Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 2:55 am

Sounds cool
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: What the hell? Lemmy   What the hell?  Lemmy Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 7:54 am

awesome!

PostSubject: Re: What the hell? Lemmy   What the hell?  Lemmy Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:30 am

The band is called "The Head Cat". This album was released on Cleopatra as "Fools Paradise".

Here's the myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/headcat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: What the hell? Lemmy   What the hell?  Lemmy Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:24 am

My buddy saw a Head Cat show in L.A. awhile back. He said it was weird but cool.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What the hell? Lemmy   What the hell?  Lemmy Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:39 pm

I've had this one for a coupla years now and I love it. Just spun it not too long ago as a matter of fact. Rockabilly & Lemmy. Like chocolate & peanut butter. Delicious!!

Quote :
The band is called "The Head Cat". This album was released on Cleopatra as "Fools Paradise".

Mine's just called Lemmy, Slim Jim & Danny B. Although when I ripped it to my computer, it came up as Lemmy & Friends. It's the Cleopatra version, but no mention of 'Fool's Paradise' (other than the song) or Head Cat.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: What the hell? Lemmy   What the hell?  Lemmy Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:51 pm

I remember hearing something about it years ago, but never heard anything off of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What the hell? Lemmy   What the hell?  Lemmy Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:55 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I remember hearing something about it years ago, but never heard anything off of it.

It's not for a casual Lemmy/Motohead fan. It's all rockabilly cover tunes with Lemmy singing and the bass player from the Stray Cats (don't know who Danny B. is). Fans looking for 'Ace of Spades Part II' will be disappointed.

PostSubject: Re: What the hell? Lemmy   What the hell?  Lemmy Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:45 pm

I still want to hear it, The Stray Cats were awesome...as was the short-lived "Phantom, Rocker & Slick".
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What the hell? Lemmy   What the hell?  Lemmy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:57 am

Quote :
"Phantom, Rocker & Slick".

"Men Without Shame"

I wish you could get that album on CD but just the cassette is going for $20.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What the hell? Lemmy   What the hell?  Lemmy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 2:42 pm

Sounds awesome. I'd love to hear Lemmy break character, I enjoy the unexpected.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: What the hell? Lemmy   What the hell?  Lemmy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 4:08 pm

He's been doing that here in LA forever...They play this small club next to the Whisky all the time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: What the hell? Lemmy   What the hell?  Lemmy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 4:20 pm

That's cool, that older stuff is great music. Props to Lemmy and associates for having awesome taste.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: What the hell? Lemmy   What the hell?  Lemmy Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:27 am

On the want list. Actually doesn't sound THAT different from early Motorhead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the hell? Lemmy   What the hell?  Lemmy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What the hell? Lemmy
Page 1 of 1