Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70

Go down 
+34
Wargod
Hadley
muckie
Leatherface
the sentinel
Vexer6
Required Fields
brokentulsa
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
James B.
Boris2008
ShadowAngel
Glower
Thrasher73
MoonChild
Troublezone
mc666
nevermore
80s Metal Lady
metalinmyveins
manny
DakotaRogers
Eyesore
Thelemech
MetallicSeminarian
Lari
Witchfinder
Grimmo
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 10:42 am

RIP

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 11:01 am

He is Motorhead and he plays IS rock n' roll.

Thanks for the music, man.

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 11:28 am

Comedian Patton Oswalt shared the best Tweet about Lemmy I've seen yet.

"It's entirely possible it's all of US who died today and Lemmy ascended to a Super Earth made of cigarettes, scotch & p*ssy."
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:05 pm

It's a slow morning @ work today so I was able to bash out a quick blog about Lemmy's passing. I hope I did the man justice. Let me know what y'all think:

R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 12807632_f260

http://hubpages.com/entertainment/RIP-Lemmy-Kilmister-of-Motrhead-1945-2015

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:27 pm

Mikkey Dee officially announced Motörhead's end, which is obvious of course. Hopefully there won't be any "tribute" acts cashing in on his legacy either. Tell Ripper to write his own shit.

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
It's a slow morning @ work today so I was able to bash out a quick blog about Lemmy's passing. I hope I did the man justice. Let me know what y'all think:

R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 12807632_f260

http://hubpages.com/entertainment/RIP-Lemmy-Kilmister-of-Motrhead-1945-2015

Nice job Keith...You covered the main points of this man's life, without being too wordy and turning it into a long rambling article. You also threw in your own experience, which is always welcomed. The vague memories of the one show you attended was a nice touch. It's funny how we remember the subtle nuances of a concert experience, I.E. the crowd size, the fans apathy towards the Dangerous Toys, but the setlist wasn't exactly part of our recollection.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:42 pm

mc666 wrote:
Mikkey Dee officially announced Motörhead's end, which is obvious of course. Hopefully there won't be any "tribute" acts cashing in on his legacy either. Tell Ripper to write his own shit.

I was just thinking about Phil & Mikkey, they have lost a friend, a band and the only job that they have known in the last 20 something years today My thoughts are with them also  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:57 pm

miss you already. RIP.

one after the other, our metal idols are fading away. that's very sad.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 1:22 pm

RIP..... This sucks, we all knew it was coming as Lemmy has been in ill health the past few years. I thought he would die on stage (looks like he nearly did a few times this past year.)

I thought it was a hoax too until I saw it on Eddie Trunk's twitter feed......
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 2:18 pm

Despite everything, it seemed like Lemmy would live forever so even knowing of his ill health, this comes as a shock. Farewell to the man, they myth, the legend!

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 3:45 pm

Sitting here listening to Ace Of Spades remembering the first time I heard this album...it was the first motorhead album I ever heard...What a life changing experience..You will be missed Lemmy...This drinks for you...  drunken
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 5:50 pm

I first heard the news at midnight on am radio news - between programings - only a 10 second mention - if that - with Ace of Spades chorus in background -radio man said 'died from drugs and booze' - which was a slap in the face to say -I remember someone saying Lemmy had sold his facial warts on Ebay, after removal -very cool to see him on The Metal Years movie - Craddle To Grave started it -Girlschool was interesting - how they got along - they did a killer-cover of Metropolis -
BBC World News chimed in too after their top story ( ISIS refugees etc )
fun to know he was born Christmas Eve in 1945 -22 releases - wow -
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 7:02 pm

Yesterday was easily the worst day of the year for me. 2015 is ending on the sourest note it can end on.

R.I.P. Lemmy. You were one in a billion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Like with Weiland's death, this isn't really much of a shock given his health issues over the past few years, but it's still sad nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 8:12 pm

R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Dio-and-lemmy-cheers-o
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 9:02 pm

Damn! We all knew he had been sick the last few years, but...damn! Thanks for a lot of great music and Metal memories, Lemmy. RIP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 10:28 pm

This article gives a little more insight into the cancer diagnosis.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/motorheads-manager-lemmys-cancer-prognosis-gave-him-two-to-six-months-to-live/

Basically it sounds like something that was never diagnosed and they just discovered it way too late to do anything about it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 12:54 am

An excellent remembrance from Ozzy.

http://rocknrollworldmagazine.com/2015/12/ozzy-osbourne-remembers-lemmy-he-was-my-hero/

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 5:51 am

I am shy to say that I had never heard of motorhead until 1993, when I bought bastards and fell in love with their speed and energy.

this made me go back and purchase most of the band's old catalogue.

I have been a fan since.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 12:16 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 12:21 pm

I went into a small record store on my 13th birthday (1983) and saw "Another Perfect Day" on the new release wall. I had no idea what Motorhead sounded like, but I figured with that name...and that album cover...it was probably badass. And it was. Been a fan ever since.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 1:13 pm

Ace of Spades was the first album I ever bought Xmas '80. I had not long turned nine years old.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 1:26 pm

Another Perfect Day was like the 6th or 7th album that I ever purchased on my own with my allowance. I got it on vinyl & picked it out based on the cover art alone (like I did most albums when I was a kid). I was not disappointed.

Rock It is still probably my favorite Motörhead song.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 3:08 pm

Motorhead will be considered classical music in the future:

Arnold J. Rimmer (Red Dwarf): Why don't you listen to something really classical, like Mozart, Mendelssohn or Motorhead?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 3:14 pm

S.D. wrote:
This article gives a little more insight into the cancer diagnosis.  

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/motorheads-manager-lemmys-cancer-prognosis-gave-him-two-to-six-months-to-live/

Basically it sounds like something that was never diagnosed and they just discovered it way too late to do anything about it.

Given all his health issue over the past few years, it is unbelievable that they never caught this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next