Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70

Go down 
+34
Wargod
Hadley
muckie
Leatherface
the sentinel
Vexer6
Required Fields
brokentulsa
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
James B.
Boris2008
ShadowAngel
Glower
Thrasher73
MoonChild
Troublezone
mc666
nevermore
80s Metal Lady
metalinmyveins
manny
DakotaRogers
Eyesore
Thelemech
MetallicSeminarian
Lari
Witchfinder
Grimmo
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 3:15 pm

mc666 wrote:

Rock It is still probably my favorite Motörhead song.

Yeah, that song rules.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 3:18 pm

The Ukele Orchestra covers "Silver Machine:"

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 3:29 pm

S.D. wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Rock It is still probably my favorite Motörhead song.

Yeah, that song rules.

Still my favorite

I'm also hoping he pulls of the motorbike trick at his funeral! (A long shot I know   Crying or Very sad )
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 3:32 pm

Oops!

Last edited by Boris2008 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 6:28 pm

Just like what he wrote for DIO back in 2010, Lars knocked it out of the park with what Lemmy meant to him and how influential the man was regarding the success of Metallica:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/metallicas-lars-ulrich-on-lemmy-his-spirit-will-always-live-in-us-20151229?page=4

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 7:06 pm

R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 ObKy1LiGLO0
R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Lemmy_joey

Lemmy + Joey Ramone = Too Much Awesome For Just One Photo.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 8:49 pm

Spinning "Another Perfect Day" now in honor of the Man and putting a link in my review thread.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 9:30 pm

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 12:31 am

Wore my Motorizer shirt today in honor of Lemmy. It was from the Masters Of Metal concert where I got to see Motorhead and Dio. Glad I got to see both those metal gods before we lost them.

Also changed my avatar to a picture I took of myself months ago I dubbed "Doing The Lemmy".
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 8:43 am

I picked up Motörhead's Bad Magic CD on my way home from work yesterday. It's been on my list since it came out back in late Summer, obviously, but I hadn't gotten around to it before now.

I've only had time to give it one quick spin so far but I already like it better than the last album (Aftershock) - it feels more aggressive, with catchier hooks. Makes me wonder if Lemmy knew on some level that this was gonna be his last record, so he kicked it up a notch to go out on a high note.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 10:04 am

I was reading an article where they interviewed a former Nintendo staffer who said that Lemmy Koopa (one of Bowser's children) from the Mario games was named after Lemmy of Motorhead. Who knew? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 11:06 am

still need to get motorhead's latest release. I don't know why but I kept postpone buying it for quite a while. now it is a must.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 11:59 am

muckie wrote:
I was reading an article where they interviewed a former Nintendo staffer who said that Lemmy Koopa (one of Bowser's children) from the Mario games was named after Lemmy of Motorhead. Who knew? Very Happy

Yep, I knew. My kids are fans of the Mario games, thought it was pretty cool they named a video game character after Lemmy. Almost all of the Koopa kids are named after musicians. Wendy is named after Wendy O.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 1:00 pm

Here's a good retrospective of Motorhead's discography:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRgDJ5yQhUA
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 2:05 pm

Hadley wrote:
Here's a good retrospective of Motorhead's discography:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRgDJ5yQhUA

I can't say I agree with everything he says, but I love the enthusiasm.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 3:05 pm

I'm amazed at how many memes, pictures, posts, positive messages sprang up after he died. Considering that Motörhead never was a chart-breaking band, never was really mainstream it's amazing to see how big Lemmy actually way. Newsportals around the world reported about his death, wrote large articles which all came to the same "he was unique, he was one of a kind, a legend" conclussion.
Even on Steam where i have 150 friends from all over the world and all age groups it was amazing to see how many posted "RIP Lemmy", Motörhead videos or even downright changed their online names to include RIP Lemmy.

muckie wrote:

I thought that was pretty well known?
Lemmy Koopa is Lemmy
Wendy O. Koopa is Wendy O. Williams
Roy Koopa is Roy Orbison
Ludwig von Koopa is Ludwig van Beethoven
Iggy Koopa is Iggy Pop
Morton Koopa is Morton Downey Jr.
Larry Koopa is...nobody, "he just looks like a Larry" lol!

It certainly is interesting they chose Wendy O. Williams and Lemmy, certainly not the most mainstream figures (unlike for example Capcom who used Andre the Giant as well as Axl and Slash of GN'R in Final Fight for example)
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 7:09 pm

Best Lemmy special appearence in video ever -
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 8:51 pm

Sucks indeed I did my show last wed in dedication to Lemmy.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 9:43 pm

Just broke out the last Motorhead album I bought, "The World Is Yours".

"The Brotherhood of Man" is a great song! Reminds me of Orgasmatron.

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 9:45 pm

Spun "Better Motorhead than Dead" earlier today. Great live offering! Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 10:08 am

This seems appropriate - the memorial service for Lemmy will be held at his "home base" in Hollywood, the Rainbow Bar & Grill, on Saturday the 9th. Should be one hell of a party.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/memorial-services-for-lemmy-to-be-held-at-rainbow-bar-grill/

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 10:36 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
This seems appropriate - the memorial service for Lemmy will be held at his "home base" in Hollywood, the Rainbow Bar & Grill, on Saturday the 9th. Should be one hell of a party.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/memorial-services-for-lemmy-to-be-held-at-rainbow-bar-grill/

That's awesome.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 7:52 pm

S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That's awesome.  

You should go
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 9:06 pm

I was reading the latest issue of Classic Rock magazine a little while ago and there was an article asking "is Lemmy okay?" It was eerie reading it as Lemmy kept insisting there was nothing real to worry about and if I had read this a week ago I would have been put at ease and figured" he's Lemmy, he'll be fine, c'mon." Weird vibe knowing what we all know now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 9:41 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That's awesome.  

You should go

I have to work. I don't think I should go to the Rainbow and get shitfaced beforehand. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70   R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. LEMMY - dead at 70
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next