Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...

Go down 
+13
sam
candlemass
TheGooch
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
Muloc7253
EvyMetal
SideShowDisaSter
Louder
Smindas
Metal Misfit
Thrasher73
ultmetal
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Empty
PostSubject: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:00 pm

Love this song/video:

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:11 pm

Great video!I have that somewhere at home on the Hot Metal video IV or something like that.Filmed in a satanic church,right?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:13 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Great video!I have that somewhere at home on the Hot Metal video IV or something like that.Filmed in a satanic church,right?

No, I believe it was a Catholic church.

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

No, I believe it was a Catholic church.

same difference lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 4:41 pm

Wow... pretty interesting history for this band.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 4:57 pm

This is the first time I've heard Vengeance Rising (I just haven't been exposed to them prior). This was so not what I was expecting.

Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 5:12 pm

Smindas wrote:
This is the first time I've heard Vengeance Rising (I just haven't been exposed to them prior). This was so not what I was expecting.
This is so not their best stuff. You gotta check out the first two albums.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 6:44 pm

Wonder whatever happened to Chris Hyde? That dude was a great drummer!

Awesome song too! That album could probably have been REALLY good if Roger had taken a little more time in developing the songs a bit. The album does sound samey. Still, I do enjoy it quite a bit, though not as much as the first 2!

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:27 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Wonder whatever happened to Chris Hyde? That dude was a great drummer!

I had the same question too. Smile

http://www.heartofmetal.net/heart-of-metal-f1/whatever-happened-to-t4198.htm
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 11:24 pm

Smindas wrote:
Shocked Shocked

Me neither. I don't really like it.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 2:30 am

Pretty cool thrash but that drum tone is weak.

Their first album is badass though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 8:08 am

Yes, for those who have not heard Vengeance Rising before, this song is NOT a good example of them. Their first two albums were AWESOME. This song is from their weaker third album, but is probably the best song on that album. Still, a cool video. 🤘

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:10 am

Smindas wrote:

Same here. The vocals were more harsh than I expected. Music was cool though.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:42 am

Some useless info on this video,thats Johnny Vasquez on drums.Hyde played on the album then left and was replaced by Johnny.
Thought someone might care to know that Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:48 am

Quote :

Nope. You'd be wrong. Good day, sir.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:57 am

Most people agree that Destruction Comes is their weakest, and I'm one of them, but I still think it has some good moments.

What I like so much about it (or think is funny at least) is that it made all those shrinking violet, marmish ladies (and some dudes, to be sure) at Berean Bookstore send up some "Hail Mary's" when they stocked it.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:20 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Nope. You'd be wrong. Good day, sir.

......and the Horse you rode in on Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... 19976
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:25 am

Wash the car and the Horse you rode in on?

Feed the kids and the Horse you rode in on?

Slap Smindas and the Horse you rode in on?

Brush Spectre's hair and the Horse you rode in on? (don\'t know?? I don't know, either)

What are you saying, man?????? surprised
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:45 am

I'll just let everyone fill in the blank.Be more interesting that way Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:46 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Wash the car and the Horse you rode in on?

Feed the kids and the Horse you rode in on?

Slap Smindas and the Horse you rode in on?

Brush Spectre's hair and the Horse you rode in on? (don\'t know?? I don't know, either)

What are you saying, man?????? surprised

He's telling me and my black stallion, Midnight, that I gallantly rode into work to have a good day as well. In an effort to go green, I got rid of my car and starting riding a horse into work. It's a little tough to get him up to speed for the fast lane on I-95, but he's getting there.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 12:05 pm

I applaud your Green-ness!!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 12:07 pm

wow thats not what i expected at all!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 12:10 pm

Someone with powerful computer powers should post a better VR song. They truly were awesome and these guys who haven't heard them need a sampling from all four, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 12:13 pm

This was BEFORE Vengeance recorded their first album. This song actually changed dramatically before it was recorded:

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 12:37 pm

I prefer "Roger Rising" to "Vengeance Rising". I thought it was a much darker sound and intensity to the 2nd 2 albums. The first 2, while wonderful lack something that I can't put my finger on. This of course is all my opinion. I love Garth Brooks, what do I know? don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...   Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Follow me, let the dead bury their own dead...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next