Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst opening track on a metal album?

Go down 
+17
DakotaRogers
metalinmyveins
ultmetal
ZombieHavoc
Hadley
Witchfinder
Boris2008
80s Metal Lady
the sentinel
Required Fields
Glower
Temple of Blood
Troublezone
Lari
glassprison
muckie
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 4:19 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Yeah, ToB is incorrect!
"Seven Tongues" is very consistent with the rest of the album.

I don't like any of its riffs or vocal melodies. Style-wise, yes it's pretty much the same as the rest of the album I just don't feel like the quality is there.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 4:22 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
Let me guess, it has to do with the lyrical content.

No, but I don't like the lyrical content either. But then again I listen to SLAYER and MERCYFUL FATE so that's usually not really an impediment.

Dane and his pro-drug ramblings are annoying though. Only great music makes it worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 4:26 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Dane and his pro-drug ramblings are annoying though.

Very much so, he's definitely running from something.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 6:49 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Yeah, ToB is incorrect!
"Seven Tongues" is very consistent with the rest of the album.

I don't like any of its riffs or vocal melodies.  Style-wise, yes it's pretty much the same as the rest of the album I just don't feel like the quality is there.

I like the Fear Factory-ish machine rhythm. It's just a simple uptempo heavy song. A good album opener.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 2:02 am

I don't hate the song, but I've always thought "Invaders" was a rather weak track to open such a landmark album as The Number of the Beast.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 7:10 am

Invaders is really good. Chorus is the only part that isn't awesome. That's just kind of awkward. But beyond that, it rules.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 11:10 am

I love "Invaders". The vocal melody sounds like John Arch! Or rather, Arch based his style off of it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 11:25 am

Hadley wrote:
Its not a bad song, but i always thought Rock Rock Till You Drop wasnt the best choice for an opener to Def Lep's Pyromania to be honest. Stagefright would have worked much better (it even starts off with "welcome to my show"). RRTYD should have opened up side two IMO.

While I don't think "Rock! Rock! (Till You Drop)" is a bad opener by any means (it's a great one, in fact), I have always felt "Stagefright" would have made a more appropriate opening track.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 11:28 am

The Mentors' "Sandwich of Love" on You Axed For It. They should've opened the album with "Four F Club." Very Happy

...I was gonna say "Blow Your Speakers" from Manowar's Fighting the World but it turns out that's actually track #2 on the album. I could've sworn it was the opener, obviously I haven't dusted that one off in awhile. I'm gettin' old. (shrugs).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 11:34 am

Eyesore wrote:
Hadley wrote:
Its not a bad song, but i always thought Rock Rock Till You Drop wasnt the best choice for an opener to Def Lep's Pyromania to be honest. Stagefright would have worked much better (it even starts off with "welcome to my show"). RRTYD should have opened up side two IMO.

While I don't think "Rock! Rock! (Till You Drop)" is a bad opener by any means (it's a great one, in fact), I have always felt "Stagefright" would have made a more appropriate opening track.

My thoughts exactly. I mean really, how does a song that starts out "I said welcome to my show" NOT intro the album? Missed opportunity there, Mutt. Razz

PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 11:39 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Hadley wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I mean really, how does a song that starts out "I said welcome to my show" NOT intro the album? Missed opportunity there, Mutt. Razz

Why did The Dungeons Are Calling EP NOT start with the song City Beneath The Surface? The first line of the song is "HI! WELCOME TO HELL!", it's such a perfect introduction they used to open their shows with it.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 12:02 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Hadley wrote:

Why did The Dungeons Are Calling EP NOT start with the song City Beneath The Surface?  The first line of the song is "HI!  WELCOME TO HELL!", it's such a perfect introduction they used to open their shows with it.  

Same with DL. The last (and only) time I saw them live, back in the late 90's or early 2000's April 8th, 2003, they opened the set with 'Stagefright'. Joe yelled "I said welcome to my show", lights came up and the band ran out. Seems like a no-brainer to open the album with it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 1:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
...I was gonna say "Blow Your Speakers" from Manowar's Fighting the World but it turns out that's actually track #2 on the album. I could've sworn it was the opener, obviously I haven't dusted that one off in awhile. I'm gettin' old. (shrugs).

Yeah, that album would fall into "the best album openers" thread. I love Manowar, and each album to varying degrees, but FTW is one of the weaker ones. However, the title track smokes, in my opinion.

Mystic Prophect did a cool cover it on Regressus. Nothing much different, just amped up a bit.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 5:42 pm

More "hard rock" than "metal" but I would definitely say Tesla's "MP3" from the Simplicity album. Terrible album opener, and even worse opening song for their live set, which they stuck with nonetheless for a good stretch of dates after the record was released. After it plodded on and on when I saw them, it was such a relief to hear the opening of "Edison's Medicine" following it.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 5:58 pm

S.D. wrote:
Why did The Dungeons Are Calling EP NOT start with the song City Beneath The Surface?  The first line of the song is "HI!  WELCOME TO HELL!", it's such a perfect introduction they used to open their shows with it.  

And it's such a great song!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 10:00 am

glassprison wrote:
More "hard rock" than "metal" but I would definitely say Tesla's "MP3" from the Simplicity album. Terrible album opener, and even worse opening song for their live set, which they stuck with nonetheless for a good stretch of dates after the record was released. After it plodded on and on when I saw them, it was such a relief to hear the opening of "Edison's Medicine" following it.

Agreed. Although, that's just one of the many problems I had with that album.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 12:34 am

Stryper..against The Law From Against The law ..much better tracks on that album to open with

Krokus..Now from Change of address...to me it  is the worst track on the album.

Van Halen...Your no Good from II...great song that has a place on the album but I never liked it as an opening song...I think DOA should have been the opening track..
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:06 am

brokentulsa wrote:

Krokus..Now from Change of address...to me it  is the worst track on the album.

That's my favorite track. "Now" and "Hot Shot City" are the only two songs I really like from that album.

Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:09 am

Lari wrote:
Invaders is really good. Chorus is the only part that isn't awesome. That's just kind of awkward. But beyond that, it rules.

Temple of Blood wrote:
I love "Invaders".  The vocal melody sounds like John Arch!  Or rather, Arch based his style off of it.

I just think "Invaders" is weak compared to the other tracks. Usually the opener on albums is the best or one of the best (top 3). "Invaders" is my second least favorite after "Gangland."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 11:12 am

Gangland is one of the best tracks on Number Of The Beast. It's killer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst opening track on a metal album?   Worst opening track on a metal album? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst opening track on a metal album?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2