Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst closing track on an album?

Go down 
+18
the sentinel
brokentulsa
Sword Of The Heretic
Troublezone
Gilbert
80s Metal Lady
DakotaRogers
Boris2008
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
Temple of Blood
muckie
ZombieHavoc
Runicen
Lari
Glower
Hadley
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

Worst closing track on an album? Empty
PostSubject: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 10:43 pm

It can either be a song that doesnt fit as an ending track, or just a bad song in general. I was just listening to W.A.S.P.'s Babylon today, and the cover of "Promised Land" qualifies as both. It's too jarring after "Godless Run", and i was never a big fan of W.A.S.P.'s cover songs anyway.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 7:02 am

I'm pretty sure, as a kid, being dumbfounded, by KISS ALIVE ll
- I think it ended with - Then She Kissed Me - or Any Way You Want It -
I knew - even at that tiny weany age - THAT song didn't belong gossip
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 7:08 am

I'll nominate anything by Slipknot.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 7:59 am

This is a technical inclusion, but I think all recent reissues of Soundgarden's Superunknown include a previously unreleased track, She Likes Surprises, tacked on at the end.

First, this song sucks. With teeth. This is one of my favorite albums of all time, but for being of that era, this song is just... What were they thinking?

Second, the original release ended with "Like Suicide" which is just 100% Grade A album closer.

So this both fits AND doesn't fit the thread's original question... Razz
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 9:23 am

Hadley wrote:
It can either be a song that doesnt fit as an ending track, or just a bad song in general. I was just listening to W.A.S.P.'s Babylon today, and the cover of "Promised Land" qualifies as both. It's too jarring after "Godless Run", and i was never a big fan of W.A.S.P.'s cover songs anyway.

I disagree. I think the cover song is excellent and is a great way to close that album. I do agree, generally, that their covers aren't that awesome but I dig this one quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 10:46 am

Runicen wrote:
This is a technical inclusion, but I think all recent reissues of Soundgarden's Superunknown include a previously unreleased track, She Likes Surprises, tacked on at the end.

First, this song sucks.  With teeth.  This is one of my favorite albums of all time, but for being of that era, this song is just...  What were they thinking?

Second, the original release ended with "Like Suicide" which is just 100% Grade A album closer.  

So this both fits AND doesn't fit the thread's original question...  Razz

Just rip the CD and delete the bonus track. I'm sure you've already considered it, though. But no one really listens to albums straight through these days anymore, I take it.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 3:03 pm

Oh, I've definitely taken to stopping the album before that track plays.

Sadly, I do tend to listen to albums all the way through. For some weird reason, iTunes insists on bringing that song up in shuffle, so even if I didn't, I wouldn't be safe. lol!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 3:57 pm

Heavy Duty/Defenders of the Faith
Monsters of Rock
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 5:29 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Heavy Duty/Defenders of the Faith
Monsters of Rock

I love the album Defenders of the Faith, but those are terrible songs to round out that album. Regarding Ram It Down, there are a few turds, but that one might be the worst of the turds.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 5:46 pm

Judas Priest - "Lochness" - Yuck
Judas Priest - "Beginning of the End" - the sequencing on the entire album sucks and this is a crap ballad
Iron Maiden - "Empire of the Clouds" - No.
Guns N Roses - "My World" - annoying
U.D.O. - "Cut Me Out" - WTF?

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 5:57 pm

You think Lochness is worse than the songs I listed?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 6:07 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

And you think the songs you listed are worse than Slipknot?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 6:39 pm

Not strictly metal but Distillers get my vote for Deathsex. An album (Coral Fang) of really great songs rounded off my an incomprehensible mess that goes on for 10 minutes!
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 12:13 am

Tourniquet- Cage 23
Tourniquet- In Death We Rise
Annihilator- Something Witchy
Sacred Reich- 31 Flavors*

* I have no problem with it, but everyone seems to bitch about that song, so...
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 2:51 am

Glower wrote:
I'm pretty sure, as a kid, being dumbfounded, by KISS ALIVE ll
- I think it ended with - Then She Kissed Me - or Any Way You Want It -
I knew - even at that tiny weany age - THAT song didn't belong gossip

I tried to get my parents (who were dead set against KISS) to buy me that album because of "Any Way You Want It." I was a Dave Clark Five fan and they were, too. I showed them the song listed on the back of the album cover and said, "See! They did a DC5 song!" but they didn't believe it was the same song.

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 9:12 am

Lari wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

And you think the songs you listed are worse than Slipknot?

It is easy to assume the idea is "worst closers on albums you like".

Yes, whatever band you think is the worst band ever probably has the worst album closer. But it's a bit more jarring when a band you like has a terrible closer, or an album kicks ass and then has a weird or weak or whatever closing song.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 2:01 pm

Yeah, THRASH QUEEN by definition has the worst album closer/opener/and middle numbers but I didn't take that to be the point of the thread.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 4:45 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Judas Priest - "Lochness" - Yuck
Judas Priest - "Beginning of the End" - the sequencing on the entire album sucks and this is a crap ballad
Iron Maiden - "Empire of the Clouds" - No.
U.D.O. - "Cut Me Out" - WTF?

but udo's cut me out is a nice track. lots of vibe in it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 6:35 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

yes ! Very much so. Thankfully it is at the end and easily avoidable.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Lochness by Judas Priest.

A boring turd of a song!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 8:29 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Yeah, THRASH QUEEN by definition has the worst album closer/opener/and middle numbers but I didn't take that to be the point of the thread.

Tell me more about this Thrash Queen act.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 11:36 pm

I love Death, but Chuck's cover of "Painkiller" on at the end of TSoP was a real stinker, imo.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 12:18 am

Firehouse..hold the dream from Hold your fire.. The song is really good but to me you should never end a hard rock album with a ballad..

Stryper...The Reign from In God We Trust...I think its just a crappy song all the way around and just didn't finish the album with a good punch...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 4:19 pm

I thought The Reign was a really good song.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 6:57 pm

I would have to go with "Then She Kissed Me" from Love Gun. It's just...uh..no good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst closing track on an album?   Worst closing track on an album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst closing track on an album?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next