Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Policeman loses job after performing live with Vital Remains

Go down 
+8
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
7thSecond
Thrasher73
John Madden
Troublezone
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Policeman loses job after performing live with Vital Remains - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Policeman loses job after performing live with Vital Remains   Policeman loses job after performing live with Vital Remains - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 12:32 am

I don't know, I agree with Sax that this is B.S. I don't hate pigs so to speak cause I think they're just doing their jobs in most cases. But this country has gotten so pc and butt hurt about the stupidest shit.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Policeman loses job after performing live with Vital Remains   Policeman loses job after performing live with Vital Remains - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 9:13 am

I'm really not sure how I feel about this.

On one hand, you have a cop who is in uniform and on duty singing songs with what can politely be called "inflammatory" lyrics, so I get where that could be seen as impropriety.

On the other hand, it's regarded as community outreach when an officer is on duty and in uniform doing dance-offs with people and crap like that, so... Exactly where is the line between being "in" the community and farting around on the job?

If he was outside of his beat to attend the show, I'd get the issue 100% and would consider it fireable. This is just a little weird for me and seems to tally up more points in the "moral relativism" category in the US. "Oh, if I personally like it, it's great. If I personally don't like it, it's the worst thing ever and must be punished as harshly as possible."
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Policeman loses job after performing live with Vital Remains   Policeman loses job after performing live with Vital Remains - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 10:29 am

Very well stated, Runicen. I would venture a guess it's a combination of all those things (in uniform, on duty, inflammatory lyrics) and the officer's past that led the brass to make this decision. If he were attending the concert on his own time and dime, then I would have more of a problem with it.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Policeman loses job after performing live with Vital Remains   Policeman loses job after performing live with Vital Remains - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 12:08 pm

I'm also biased as hell on this one because, even speaking as a longhair since my teens who was confused more than once for a drug user or peddler back in the day by parents of friends, I've never had a bad experience with the police other than a few officers who were curt (meh, who hasn't had at least one of THOSE days on the job?).

Seriously, not a bad experience and I always expected I'd be the first person to have that problem. Bottom line, if you're respectful to them, they're respectful to you. I've never seen a single exception to that rule.

So, with all the crap being thrown at cops lately, I have a problem with it - a big one. Now, if there's an actual example of racism or excessive force on the part of an officer, I'm all about seeing them punished and being transparent about it. What I'm NOT ok with is an officer doing their job, being legitimately put in a situation where force is required, applying said force, and then being nailed to the wall when an investigation finds that it was justified. The Michael Brown situation, in particular, really bothered me because no amount of witness testimony, forensic evidence, etc. will ever convince anyone that the officer in question acted correctly or that Brown hadn't been carrying on like a violent prick all day.

We can argue back and forth about whether that meant Brown deserved to die, but it's not really controversial that he made choices and they had consequences. He boxed above his weight and lost.

Anyway, not to veer off into politics too hard here, but I think the police are being scrutinized in a way where they can't win even when the evidence is on their side.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Policeman loses job after performing live with Vital Remains   Policeman loses job after performing live with Vital Remains - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 3:32 am

Very well said Runicen. I agree with you 100%
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Policeman loses job after performing live with Vital Remains   Policeman loses job after performing live with Vital Remains - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 3:37 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Very well said Runicen. I agree with you 100%

true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Policeman loses job after performing live with Vital Remains   Policeman loses job after performing live with Vital Remains - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Policeman loses job after performing live with Vital Remains
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2