Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MYSPACE- LOVE IT/HATE IT!!!

Go down 
+17
Shiney
KissinMaiden
romeolimagolf
the sentinel
DallasBlack
7thSecond
Wargod
MetalGuy71
GrandNational
mc666
scottmitchell74
T-Roy
TheGooch
Troublezone
MoonChild
Fat Freddy
Olafsto
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

MYSPACE- LOVE IT/HATE IT!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MYSPACE- LOVE IT/HATE IT!!!   MYSPACE- LOVE IT/HATE IT!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 12:51 am

Required Fields wrote:
Facebook > Myspace
Gay = Gay.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: MYSPACE- LOVE IT/HATE IT!!!   MYSPACE- LOVE IT/HATE IT!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 11:01 am

Eyesore wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Step one is partially complete:

http://www.myspace.com/getcharocksoffwebzine

Befriend me! :defleppard:

What happened to your alter ego? lol!
Your site loocks good!
Will you start your own webzine with reviews/ interviews and all?
Willy Buford is still alive a kicking. Haha. Yeah, I'm going to start a site like Ult's and Kmorg's. The design of it is just taking a while, so I figure I'd do a MySpace page first. The name is a bit silly, but I figure Def Leppard is the first band I was into, so why not name it after one of their best tunes?

Great idea!!
Loocking forward to it, you write very well!! cool

Just wondering, are all webzines non profitable? I know sites like Metal Metropolis and NLTM are, but how about those more magazine like ones,
Metal reviews, Lords of Metal, BNR +++. Must be a full job keeping zines like those updated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: MYSPACE- LOVE IT/HATE IT!!!   MYSPACE- LOVE IT/HATE IT!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 11:06 am

I like myspace, keep in touch with friends and family and check out bands and stuff and comedians its great
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: MYSPACE- LOVE IT/HATE IT!!!   MYSPACE- LOVE IT/HATE IT!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 11:49 am

Addy wrote:
I like myspace, keep in touch with friends and family and check out bands and stuff and comedians its great

Ditto. I don't spend a whole lot of time there, but check it daily for messages from friends and family. When I want to check out a new band, first thing I do is go to MySpace and see if they have songs up to listen to.

ult

PostSubject: Re: MYSPACE- LOVE IT/HATE IT!!!   MYSPACE- LOVE IT/HATE IT!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 2:25 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Great idea!!
Loocking forward to it, you write very well!! cool

Just wondering, are all webzines non profitable? I know sites like Metal Metropolis and NLTM are, but how about those more magazine like ones,
Metal reviews, Lords of Metal, BNR +++. Must be a full job keeping zines like those updated.
Thanks! Very Happy

Some sites can be profitable; those that have advertisements, sell CDs, t-shirts, special compilation albums, etc. Most are non-profitable, though. Unless, like me, you consider free CDs a form of currency. Haha.

It can be time-consuming, too, but mine will be more like NLTM and BNR than anything. I don't think I'll have band pics and stuff, just the cover art; and I don't think I'll be including band member info and such (there's a ton of sites out there for that); but I do plan on having some interviews and writing some editorial pieces.

I had one editorial ready to go for metalreviews.com before I quit. It was called Pirates On The Hi-Cs. Haha. It was about little fartlicking kids stealing music. I wrote it up after I was warned, suspended, and eventually banned from a torrent site. Each time a mod came down on me was because I corrected a mistake someone had made about a band. Like, they'd upload a Candlemass album and they'd put something like KVLT KLASSICK TR00 POWER METAL ALBUM! in the description. And then they'd complain when people didn't thank them for their "release." So I'd correct them and point out that it's Candlemass' release, not theirs. Haha. The mods hated that! So I wrote a piece up about the ignorance of music fans in a time when music went unappreciated because it was free.

So I'll add stuff like that ocassionally, too, but not often.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MYSPACE- LOVE IT/HATE IT!!!   MYSPACE- LOVE IT/HATE IT!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 2:27 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Addy wrote:
Ditto. I don't spend a whole lot of time there, but check it daily for messages from friends and family. When I want to check out a new band, first thing I do is go to MySpace and see if they have songs up to listen to.

ult
Agreed. MySpace is e-mail with pictures for me, basically. The one thing I dislike is bands that are foregoing traditional sites for a MySpace page. I mean, some band list their discographies and such, but generally MySpace pages are very bare bones with little info. Cool that you jam out to songs and stuff, but when it's a new band you've not heard, you may want to see what they've released. I hate having to go elsewhere to find that info.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MYSPACE- LOVE IT/HATE IT!!!   MYSPACE- LOVE IT/HATE IT!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 4:33 pm

I think alot of bands go to Myspace solely because of the price. A free site with less info is better than an expansive site with alot of bandwidth to pay for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MYSPACE- LOVE IT/HATE IT!!!   MYSPACE- LOVE IT/HATE IT!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MYSPACE- LOVE IT/HATE IT!!!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3