Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Death Angel in the works

Go down 
+15
MetallicSeminarian
Shawn Of Fire
James B.
DakotaRogers
Olafsto
ZombieHavoc
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
metalinmyveins
Grimmo
Thrasher73
the sentinel
corplhicks
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

New Death Angel in the works Empty
PostSubject: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 3:02 am

Looks like the boys are back in the studio for a new album. According to their Facebook, they're tracking drums right now and targeting an April 2016 release date. Stay tuned here for details (or post if you hear any news).

Dream Calls for Blood was one of the best 'old guard' thrash releases of the 21st century, so I have high hopes for this one. I had the pleasure of seeing them on the tour and it was a tight and intense act (enjoyable mix too for such a small venue). I was front row (got to shake Mark and Rob's hands!) and my heart was literally palpitating from the intensity. Mark hit every note flawlessly. There wasn't a single goof. Many improvisational surprises as well. If you haven't heard DCfB, remedy that now!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 3:42 am

That's great news Corp. these guys never seem to disappoint when a new platter gets released. I have never had the pleasure of seeing DA, but glad you enjoyed. Smile
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 5:20 am

As always, good to hear this news.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 7:18 am

Look forward to it. They've been on a roll the last few years.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 9:25 am

Wow, Hopefully it's as good as The Dream Calls For Blood, ... that one is my favourite, even better than the Ultra-Violence. I like how they implemented a lot of gang vocals and I really dig the production style on that one. headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 1:42 pm

I check out their status all the time. I knew they entered Suecof's studio in Sanford (just outside of Orlando) within the last week. Since I'm a couple of hours away, I might head up there next weekend and see if I can possibly meet them. The last two albums have been phenomenal, so I'm looking forward to another killer Death Angel album from Rob and the boys.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 8:15 pm

Geez, this slipped under my nose. Apparently DA released both a live album CD AND a documentary DVD. The DVD seems to only be available at Nuclear Blast's site, while the CD runs for 54 bucks (!) at Amazon. However, it is available in full on Spotify and YouTube. Listening to the CD, it sounds pretty heavily tampered with and, honestly, Left for Dead could be a copy straight from Dream Calls for Blood. Though I gotta say they were pretty spot on when I saw them a couple years ago. Anyway, weird how little promotion these two release got.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 8:37 pm

one of the bands I still need to get into and add to my library.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 3:18 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Geez, this slipped under my nose. Apparently DA released both a live album CD AND a documentary DVD. The DVD seems to only be available at Nuclear Blast's site, while the CD runs for 54 bucks (!) at Amazon. However, it is available in full on Spotify and YouTube. Listening to the CD, it sounds pretty heavily tampered with and, honestly, Left for Dead could be a copy straight from Dream Calls for Blood. Though I gotta say they were pretty spot on when I saw them a couple years ago. Anyway, weird how little promotion these two release got.

I picked it up when it came out. I got it at FYE for around $20. The Thrashumentary DVD is really good. I wish they would have reached out to Den, Andy, and Gus when delving into the past, which was a good portion as they meticulously covered all eras. The live album is fine. It does sound a little too polished. The other thing that kinda sucks is, this ISN'T the whole show and it showcases primarily the new stuff. Only Buried Alive, Truce and Bored are played from previous albums. The other seven songs are from The Dream Calls for Blood.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 6:01 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I picked it up when it came out. I got it at FYE for around $20. The Thrashumentary DVD is really good. I wish they would have reached out to Den, Andy, and Gus when delving into the past, which was a good portion as they meticulously covered all eras. The live album is fine. It does sound a little too polished. The other thing that kinda sucks is, this ISN'T the whole show and it showcases primarily the new stuff. Only Buried Alive, Truce and Bored are played from previous albums. The other seven songs are from The Dream Calls for Blood.

Yeah I take issue with that track listing. To have nothing from Ultra Violence and Act III is criminal. Although their sets as of late have seemed to be ignoring Act III for some weird reason. As for the debut, at the gig I attended they at least did Evil Priest and Mistress of Pain.

I dunno, one big stitch in the band's history is their inability to get out a quality live release. I'm not too keen on this one.

As for the doc, I'd be more interested in seeing that but the exclusion of Den, Andy, and Gus is a little disappointing. Perhaps they weren't available or whatever, but they're an essential element of that history.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 6:08 pm

There may be licensing issues keeping them from having certain songs featured on a live album. That's the most likely explanation.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 7:32 pm

S.D. wrote:
There may be licensing issues keeping them from having certain songs featured on a live album.  That's the most likely explanation.  

Now why didn't I think of that? Laughing

Also the reason we haven't seen a reissue of the debut since Archives & Artifacts.

My question is how were they able to include a track from Frolic yet not UV if that's the case? Both albums are on the same label. Is it possible DA own the rights to Frolic but not UV?

Music business is weird. Laughing
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 2:33 am

corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:
There may be licensing issues keeping them from having certain songs featured on a live album.  That's the most likely explanation.  

Now why didn't I think of that? Laughing

Also the reason we haven't seen a reissue of the debut since Archives & Artifacts.

My question is how were they able to include a track from Frolic yet not UV if that's the case? Both albums are on the same label. Is it possible DA own the rights to Frolic but not UV?

Music business is weird. Laughing

They did reissue their debut, but I guess you missed out on that one. lol! If you go back into the Death Angel thread I started, you'll see the talk about the re-release at the bottom of my write up on the Ultra-Violence. The sad thing is, I think that's already out of print! I don't believe DA owns the rights to Frolic, though I could be wrong. The remastering on the Ultra-Violence, which was released on 2012 was done really well, me thinks. I think the reason DA played mostly new songs is because the DVD/Live album was delayed for two years, so I think they wanted to really push the new stuff. I also don't know if they had to funds to make it a double live album, but I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 12:04 am

If anybody is chomping at the bit regarding Ultra-Violence, Frolic or Fall From Grace, here you go:

Reissued!!!

http://www.metalblade.com/deathangel/
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 3:57 am

Yeah. I was stoked when I saw that on the email from my local record chain this morning. I have been in serious need of upgrading my worn out copy of Frolic (my Fave DA) for years now.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 8:53 am

where to start with this band?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 1:02 pm

Gilbert wrote:
where to start with this band?

At the beginning. The Ultra-Violence is their first.Then get the rest.Seriously, they're all good.I would say Frolic through the Park and Act III are my faves.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 7:21 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
If anybody is chomping at the bit regarding Ultra-Violence, Frolic or Fall From Grace, here you go:

Reissued!!!

http://www.metalblade.com/deathangel/

Schweet!!

...hey waitaminnit... Am I missing something, or is Ultra Violence only available on vinyl?? Cuz if so.... Boooooooo!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 7:20 pm

I guess it's not "economically feasible" anymore, but this box set from a few years ago had their first 2 albums, a bonus disc of demos and stuff and a dvd...

http://www.amazon.com/Archives-Artifacts-Death-Angel/dp/B00070FX1E/ref=sr_1_11?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1453742208&sr=1-11&keywords=death+angel

If you can find that without sacrificing an appendage or 2, I'd recommend that.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 11:01 pm

It seems weird though because Frolic is on both LP and CD. Why would there be a market for that one and not UV on CD?

I definitely can see where labels are coming from preferring to do vinyl and Mp3 only versus CD, but obviously they feel it's okay to do a CD for one of the two albums. That UV vinyl does look very nice though.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 3:25 am

I don't know if you guys are near me or not (RI or MA) but my local chain (Newbury Comics) had both "Frolic" and "Fall" this weekend for under $14 bucks apiece on CD.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 6:13 pm

Album art dropped today. Extremely disappointing when compared to the past two albums designed by Brent E White:

New Death Angel in the works 12742455_10153313560015759_2403878259196268884_n
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 7:05 pm

Eh, it's not that bad. It's got that similarity to Silence Of The Lambs.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 10:36 pm

I like it. Sometimes simple is cool. I could wear a T-shirt with that print.. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 11:00 pm

I'm getting an Avenged Sevenfold vibe here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Death Angel in the works   New Death Angel in the works Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Death Angel in the works
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next