Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fates Warning's Inside Out

Go down 
+10
Orion Crystal Ice
Addy
James B.
Gilbert
Dark Horseman
thejokeriv
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
Wurthless
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

Fates Warning's Inside Out  Empty
PostSubject: Fates Warning's Inside Out    Fates Warning's Inside Out  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:41 pm

I fairly recently picked this one up, and I've been spinning it constantly. After letting it sink in, I rank it pretty highly in their catalog. So I was wondering, does anyone else like this one nearly as much as I do?

It contains a ton of great songs (Monument, Island in the Stream, Pale Fire, etc.) and very little filler (Afterglow). I don't understand the amount of hate this album receives, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning's Inside Out    Fates Warning's Inside Out  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:10 am

It was my first Fates Warning album, and I love it. I remember most Fates Warning fans hated it at the time, but I've seen a lot of them come around as they got older.

Inside Out and FWX are my two favorite Fates Warning albums.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning's Inside Out    Fates Warning's Inside Out  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 7:14 am

"Monument" is an amazing track. One of their best.

The rest is very tepid and bland.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning's Inside Out    Fates Warning's Inside Out  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:01 am

After "Parallels" - best album ever made - I'd rank this one. It has that dreamy, elegiac (thx google translator) feeling I adore. And why no love for "Afterglow"? Nice song to end an album.
Favorites are "Pale Fire", "Shelter Me" (most Parallels' sounding), "Face the Fear", "The Strand" and "Island in the Stream". Was a big surprise for me that Fates played 3 songs from "Inside Out" live here right in my birthday!!1
FWX rules too.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o3XBBvj_GsM#! [/youtube]
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning's Inside Out    Fates Warning's Inside Out  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:32 am

My least favorite from the Adler era. I rarely listen to it. It was a huge let down when it was first released, especially after three great releases. I don't hate it, but I still rank it low compared to their other work.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning's Inside Out    Fates Warning's Inside Out  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:39 am

It's an excellent album, so many memorable songs.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning's Inside Out    Fates Warning's Inside Out  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:46 am

Very good album. My introduction to Fates Warning.

I got Awaken the Guardian this morning.

Different, but also very good
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning's Inside Out    Fates Warning's Inside Out  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 10:09 am

Just bought 2CD+DVD edition of it, because Fates rules.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12611

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning's Inside Out    Fates Warning's Inside Out  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 10:24 am

I appreciate it more as time goes by. Good ambience/ambiance music while tinkering on something in the shop.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning's Inside Out    Fates Warning's Inside Out  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 11:00 am

I work at the same place the original lead singer though I dont think Ive met him yet....

Ive been planning to check out some of there stuff and some of the Arch solo stuff too well Arch/Matheos stuff I should say I have an album a co worker burned for me and i like it sooo yeah plan to check out more of this stuff heh
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning's Inside Out    Fates Warning's Inside Out  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:22 pm

This is also one of the most copied FW records, oddly enough, along with 'Perfect Symmetry'.

Addy, welcome to the wonderful world of Arch/Matheos but I have to say I'm surprised you dig it, that is a very technical record.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning's Inside Out    Fates Warning's Inside Out  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
It was my first Fates Warning album, and I love it.

Me too! Beautiful, well written songs that stick in your head and won't come off (even with Goo Gone Very Happy ). When my favorite radio station in the DFW area (Z-Rock 99.1 FM) shut down, Outside Looking In was one of the last five songs they played and I fell in love with it. The following weekend, I went to a used CD store and got a copy.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25855

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning's Inside Out    Fates Warning's Inside Out  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:38 pm

I'll be honest I don't play this cd much. I usually go for the Arch era stuff or No Exit. But after reading this thread I should give this cd a spin.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning's Inside Out    Fates Warning's Inside Out  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:49 pm

I'd say it's my favorite FW album; right above Parallels, Awaken the Guardian, and A Pleasant Shade of Grey.

Since I've acquired most of their catalog, I can easily say they've become one of my favorite bands. Not a bad album in the bunch.

Last edited by Wurthless on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning's Inside Out    Fates Warning's Inside Out  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:14 pm

Very melodic record...more organic production than 'Parallels'...I like it.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning's Inside Out    Fates Warning's Inside Out  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:51 pm

Hey Wurthless, great avatar. Been on a Peter Gabriel kick for the past week.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning's Inside Out    Fates Warning's Inside Out  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 10:34 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Thanks. His solo stuff is surprisingly great; I think it holds up with what he did with Genesis quite well.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning's Inside Out    Fates Warning's Inside Out  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:50 am

ultmetal wrote:

Ive been on a Megadeth kick for awhile myself Very Happy

OCI - Yeah Im kinda surprised too but I liked what I heard what can I say I got odd tastes or so ive been told Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning's Inside Out    Fates Warning's Inside Out  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 10:32 am

Wurthless wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Thanks. His solo stuff is surprisingly great; I think it holds up with what he did with Genesis quite well.

Agreed, though I am partial to the first three.

PostSubject: Re: Fates Warning's Inside Out    Fates Warning's Inside Out  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fates Warning's Inside Out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: