Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Operation Mindcrime: The Key

Go down 
+15
manny
exact33
glassprison
Citanul
James B.
Runicen
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
corplhicks
Temple of Blood
Shawn Of Fire
Boris2008
Eyesore
Chairman_Smith
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Operation Mindcrime: The Key - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: The Key   Operation Mindcrime: The Key - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 4:42 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Wow, what a boring album this turned out to be. Got it for $5.99 at Half Price Books then found out the consensus around here and decided to give it one spin despite this. After all, there are many albums I like that don't get much love around here. Well, one spin and I promptly returned the CD (they have a 7 day return policy). Only liked 3 songs (Re-Inventing The Future, Live Or Death, and The Fall-which was almost ruined by a boring sax solo but made up for it with a decent guitar solo) and the rest nearly put me to sleep (not good when you drive for a living Very Happy).

I was under the impression his music was getting heavier, obviously the wrong impression. Won't be making that mistake again.

Yeah, it's pretty dreadful. And they get worse. The second album, Resurrection, starts with four short tracks that are basically intros/interludes. Haha. It's so ridiculous.

Between the three albums, there's about five good songs and one great song, which is "Re-inventing the Future."
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: The Key   Operation Mindcrime: The Key - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 8:19 am

Yeah, it's pretty much as described by everyone here. I too picked it up for a 5 dollar bill about a year ago and after a few spins, couldn't find much to really like. It's not awful, but with all the music in our collections or at our fingertips, this isn't something that has the power to stay on the turn table. It's cheese pizza or the pizza with 4 toppings. Which one are you gonna choose?

Back in high school in the 80's to early 90's I only owned about 100 cassettes and a few dozen records. When the year 2000 rolled around I had about 500 or so CDs. Fast forward to today and I have nearly 4000 albums total to choose from (not to mention scouring youtube for lost gems) with more coming out each week. Unless something comes out and it totally blows you away like Accept's "Blood of the Nations" or Riot's "Unleash the Fire" you are gonna return to the old favorites.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: The Key   Operation Mindcrime: The Key - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 1:10 pm

the sentinel wrote:
It's cheese pizza or the pizza with 4 toppings. Which one are you gonna choose?

Um...cheese. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: The Key   Operation Mindcrime: The Key - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 1:36 pm

I'm shocked experienced music listeners still buy any music from Tate. Fool me 10 times, shame on me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation Mindcrime: The Key   Operation Mindcrime: The Key - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Operation Mindcrime: The Key
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4