Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haven't Heard it For Ages

Go down 
+10
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
exact33
James B.
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thelemech
tohostudios
80s Metal Lady
Boris2008
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Haven't Heard it For Ages - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 5:14 pm

007 wrote:
Here's a song I've always liked :

I love The Call. In fact, I'm still waiting for my Call Tribute album to arrive. It's Michael Been's son (who also happens to front Black Rebel Motorcycle Club) with the remaining members of The Call. I'm curious to see what he does to the "classics"; I read that he sometimes sounds eerily similar to his late father.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 5:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
Here's a song I've always liked :

I love The Call.  In fact, I'm still waiting for my Call Tribute album to arrive.  It's Michael Been's son (who also happens to front Black Rebel Motorcycle Club) with the remaining members of The Call.  I'm curious to see what he does to the "classics"; I read that he sometimes sounds eerily similar to his late father.

The Call is/was a highly underrated band.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 6:03 pm

From my favorite album by The Call:

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 9:39 pm

chewie wrote:
That Giant album is pretty good! Innocent Days was played on the radio lot back then. Speaking of getting airplay, I was cruising around RYM and spotted this band and wondered why they seemed familiar....
It was because of this tune:

Forgot about those local (SF Bay Area) boys!

They also did the original version of I Wanna Go Back, later covered by Gregg Rollie and Eddie Money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haven't Heard it For Ages
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2