Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet

Go down 
+23
chewie
manny
DallasBlack
Lovecraft
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
ZombieHavoc
jstate
mikeinfla
glassprison
Leatherface
Citanul
krokus
mlotek
mc666
Runicen
BearOnUnicycle
MetallicSeminarian
Lari
Hadley
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Empty
PostSubject: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 10:17 pm

Are there any albums you own but havent gotten around to giving them a listen yet? I kind of have this problem, for example, a couple of months ago i bought Disturbed's "The Lost Children" but still havent gotten past track . Not that its bad, its just other stuff got in the way of me giving the album a complete listen, and i also have Michael Sweet's new solo album on the backburner as well.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6375

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 10:57 pm

I have several. Mostly stuff acquired in the last 12 months, but a few older ones too. I think it was 6 years ago I got Otyg's both studio albums. I still have only played Sagovindars Boning. Älvefärd has not yet made it to the player.

Others that I can think of:

Saxon - Destiny
Masterplan - Aeronautics
Skyclad - Oui Avant-Garde a Chance
Skyclad - Folkemon

Those are at least a few months old. It's stuff I want to sit down with and give a proper first listen. There's probably a few others too. Not even counting stuff I got this week.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 11:00 pm

Quite a few. I buy stuff with gift cards and then it sometimes takes me a while to find the time to listen.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 11:21 pm

Yep. I've had David Gilmour solo work for 3 years now, still haven't gotten around listening to them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 11:22 pm

I have far more than I should admit... Maybe I have a problem.  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:42 am

A few... mostly non-metal stuff. K-Holes, Flyleaf, Shady Hawkins, Slamcat, etc. Just recently, I finally listened to She & Him. I had thier 3 cds just collecting dust for months/years.

mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:45 am

Tons. I buy more than I should because I love sales low prices and shipping costs will always rise later.

This week , hope to get to -
Tourniquet - Stop the Bleeding
Rock With the Huntingtons
Funeral - Tristesse
Medieval - One Morbid..a Poser Holocaust
and a lot of other vinyls on the more "evil" side (Setherial, Throneum, Carpathian Forest, Graveland)
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:55 am

Have a lot of vinyl, tapes and cd´s that i still have to play. Stuff is coming in all the time and i only can play 8 or 9 records a day, no more time. I always like to have stuff that i still have to play because like that my days are always fun.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 3:19 am

I have a lot. I do have a system in place that tries to ensure that I listen to older purchases first, and I have tried to cut down on the number of CDs I buy (also because of financial considerations). So those I've bought recently won't spend as long on the unheard list as those I'm currently listening to or plan to in the near future, but it will still take a while to get to them.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19222

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 6:01 am

Tons. Stuff I've had for years and just haven't gotten around to yet.  Don't know why.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 7:10 am

In my case, mostly bootlegs. There was a time I listened to almost nothing but live shows and collected an excessive amount of recordings of all quality, but now I really have to be in the mood to listen to them.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 8:05 am

Too many to name. There's stuff I've had for 20 years that still has the shrink wrap on it (and to be fair I worked in the radio business for 18 years so I had access to a lot of stuff but do I really wanna open that Donna Summer CD? Uh. No.)
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 9:15 am

I've had the Venom box set for years and still haven't gotten around to giving it a listen. Actually there are a number of box sets I have that are like that.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 9:41 am

No. I'm not buying something I don't intend to listen to. I see no reason to do that at all.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 9:43 am

Lamb of God - Wrath Although I'm putting that right now.

I usually listen to a record before I buy so this rarely happens, I bought the LoG disc in a closing down sale because it was cheap.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 10:05 am

I can predict one I will probably not open. I pre-ordered Heart Of Metal on vinyl. The pre-order comes with a limited edition CD only available with the preorder. I WILL open and play the vinyl but I may just keep the CD stored away as a collector's item (same with Deliverance, I'll play the vinyl but prob keep the CD under wraps).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37865

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 10:35 am

Mmmm...nope, I've never had this experience. Whenever I buy any new CDs I make time to listen to them as soon as possible.

I've been that way since I was a kid, running home from the store with a brand-new cassette in my pocket... I would immediately rush into the house and head straight for the stereo, like "I HAVE TO LISTEN TO THIS RIGHT NOW!"

I do have a bad habit of buying movie DVDs and then never watching them, though. The "to be viewed" pile on my nightstand keeps getting bigger. I live in fear of it falling on me and crushing me while I sleep.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28614

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 10:36 am

I received Despair's History of Hate in the mail earlier this week, but haven't given it a full spin yet. I did play a few seconds off the opening track by mistake when I was ripping it to my iPod. Real soon, though, I'll spin the album. I have heard part of the album before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 10:40 am

I don't think I've gone more than maybe a day without listening to a new arrival. Especially since I have my on-line orders shipped to work. I tear that sh*t right open and give it a spin, like a kid on Christmas morning.

Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 12:54 pm

I buy a lot of used LPs, I'm sure there are over a hundred that I haven't listened to yet.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 12:55 pm

Back when I was buying a lot of music, there would be some CDs that took me weeks to get around to. Usually the ones I got for a couple of bucks. The more I spent on a CD, the sooner I'd listen to it. However, I had more spending money and jobs where I could listen to music at work. These days I very rarely listen to albums let alone buy them. Still waiting for my lottery numbers to hit so I can go back to those old days, but so far... nothin'. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:02 pm

Can I ask a question that's a moderate deviation from the topic?

Anyone else on the board have so much damn music that even something they listened to after buying and enjoyed ends up sounding brand new when they dig it up again months later?  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:08 pm

Runicen wrote:

Anyone else on the board have so much damn music that even something they listened to after buying and enjoyed ends up sounding brand new when they dig it up again months later?   Laughing 

Yeah, I have way too many CD's. Many played once or twice and never played again. I have a tend to NOT trade stuff off either, I usually keep it all (meaning I have about 98 % of the CD's I ever bought since about 1987). Last summer I finally unloaded some at a use store just so I could play get my vinyl collection going again.

But some stuff I forgot what it was, play it and it really is new all over again. Although some of it was good the first time around and crap the second.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:09 pm

Runicen wrote:

Anyone else on the board have so much damn music that even something they listened to after buying and enjoyed ends up sounding brand new when they dig it up again months later?   Laughing 

Oh yea, THAT one a do alot. Even though I might tear into new arrivals the minute they are delivered, it might only get a spin or 2 before it gets shelved for something else. Then I forget about it for a month or longer and break it out again and it's almost like brand new again.

At this point, my wife would like to chime in and say "Well then maybe you have too much music to listen to". To which I say "Well, maybe you have too many shoes to wear".  Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet 19976 

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Mmmm...nope, I've never had this experience. Whenever I buy any new CDs I make time to listen to them as soon as possible.

I've been that way since I was a kid, running home from the store with a brand-new cassette in my pocket... I would immediately rush into the house and head straight for the stereo, like "I HAVE TO LISTEN TO THIS RIGHT NOW!"

I do have a bad habit of buying movie DVDs and then never watching them, though. The "to be viewed" pile on my nightstand keeps getting bigger. I live in fear of it falling on me and crushing me while I sleep.

We must be related somehow, I am just like FF when it comes to new music, as soon as I get it I have to play it. I won't shelve til I have played it.

I have tons of movies on DVD ( and even some on VHS) they had bought, gotten as gifts that I have never watched. I am sure I will one day
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet   Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums you own but havent gotten around to listening to yet
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next