Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haven't Heard it For Ages

Go down 
+10
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
exact33
James B.
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thelemech
tohostudios
80s Metal Lady
Boris2008
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Haven't Heard it For Ages Empty
PostSubject: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 10:43 pm

Okay this thread was prompted by a rock station earlier today, mostly they play the old classics but occasionally there is a song that I had completely forgotten about . that I used to love but haven't listened to in decades.  Today it was this one

Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 11:37 am

After watching this, I checked out his album, Line-Up. The cover artwork and year (1981 is my favorite year for music) seemed like it would be right up my alley. Then the cover of "Be My Baby" came on...Yikes! Songs like "Anthony Boy" aren't my thing, either. Guess I'm not into the "oldies", LOL.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 11:59 am

How about this 80s relic?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 1:00 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Living in Canada and watching MuchMusic or listening to the radio one would be subjected to multiple plays of the above on a semi regular basis - because of this - I despise Kim Mitchell Razz
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 1:09 pm

Thelemech wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Living in Canada and watching MuchMusic or listening to the radio one would be subjected to multiple plays of the above on a semi regular basis - because of this - I despise Kim Mitchell Razz

Heh. I always liked that song.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 1:46 pm

Me too.  Then I bought the album (on vinyl) and found that was the only song I liked.

EDIT: Oh, Lager and Ale too.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 4:28 pm

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 5:04 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:

I hear that all the time! I have all his albums. Surprisingly Tony Carey has about a dozen or more.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 5:40 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Surprisingly Tony Carey has about a dozen or more.

VERY underrated artist!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 5:52 pm

tohostudios wrote:

VERY underrated artist!

I know he was in Rainbow, but what was that "big hit" he had in the 80's ?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 5:56 pm

He had two really. One as Planet P and one as Tony Carey:

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 5:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:

VERY underrated artist!

I agree.  He's still releasing stuff from his home in Germany but he's gotten really keyboard/synth heavy these days.  Lots of programmed drums too which always irritates me.  All his stuff now sound like Planet P minus the guitars.  I actually have a signed CD of the third Planet P album.  His web site lost my order and when I filed a complaint with PayPal because the webmaster wouldn't refund my money he sent me the Planet P album and his latest solo album at the time, both signed.

Here's one of the obscure ones I really like (He sure has a thing about "Jeannie"; she pops up all the time in songs):

Last edited by tohostudios on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 5:58 pm

Those are the ones I was thinking of....Thanks Toho

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 7:40 pm

i grabbed this song out of the archives today:

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 9:45 am

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 9:59 am

Witchfinder wrote:

Ahhh, Tangier. Another Philly band that arrived at the party too late and a dollar short. Used to have this one on tape but never bothered to upgrade to cd. The singer on their 2nd album, Mike LeCompt, still plays the local bar circuit in Philly and South Jersey.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 12:54 am

tohostudios wrote:
He had two really.  One as Planet P and one as Tony Carey:

There was this one, too. I don't think that it was a big hit, but I do remember the World Premier on MTV for this.

Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 5:25 am

Didn't we have this thread in the non-metal section some time ago?
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 1:00 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Didn't we have this thread in the non-metal section some time ago?

Yes, it was a similar thread.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 1:33 pm

Here's a song I've always liked :

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 2:58 pm

This one comes to mind for me.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 3:03 pm

I like that one but I've always dug this one more:
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 3:20 pm

Yes, sir! Excellent tune. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 4:55 pm

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 5:12 pm

That Giant album is pretty good! Innocent Days was played on the radio lot back then. Speaking of getting airplay, I was cruising around RYM and spotted this band and wondered why they seemed familiar....
It was because of this tune:

Forgot about those local (SF Bay Area) boys!

Last edited by chewie on Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haven't Heard it For Ages   Haven't Heard it For Ages Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haven't Heard it For Ages
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next