Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

War of Ages - feedback

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

War of Ages - feedback Empty
PostSubject: War of Ages - feedback   War of Ages - feedback Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 11:53 am

I've listened to every clip out there on iTunes from there two CD's. I like what I hear. Sounds like good, raw, brutal metalcore. Good harsh vocals. I'm thinking of buying their two CD's. Used ones can be had for super cheap on Amazon. Anybody have these guys stuff? Do/did you like it? Would/will I like it? LOL.

My metalcore tastes are AILD, August Burns Red, LS - Reborn.....stuff like that. The harsher, crunchier stuff with none or at least a minimum of clean vocals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: War of Ages - feedback   War of Ages - feedback Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:01 pm

I'm going to take this opportunity to reccomend the band BORN OF OSIRIS to you...heavy, technical Metalcore w/ NO clean vocals, cool keys and deep, deathy growls...I'm going to see them in July.

I've never heard WAR OF AGES...sorry. Laughing
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: War of Ages - feedback   War of Ages - feedback Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:02 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I'm going to take this opportunity to reccomend the band BORN OF OSIRIS to you...heavy, technical Metalcore w/ NO clean vocals, cool keys and deep, deathy growls...I'm going to see them in July.

SOUNDS LIKE MY CUP OF TEA! Thanks for the heads up! headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: War of Ages - feedback   War of Ages - feedback Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:12 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

SOUNDS LIKE MY CUP OF TEA! Thanks for the heads up! headbanger

No problem...my son turned me on to them and I think they're great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: War of Ages - feedback   War of Ages - feedback Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:27 pm

From what i've heard, War Of Ages would be up your alley. I'm not a huge 'core fan but I do like KSW and BTA quite a bit. WOA is not as technical as those bands and the early stuff seems more to the hardcore side. It's cheap, give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: War of Ages - feedback   War of Ages - feedback Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 1:46 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
From what i've heard, War Of Ages would be up your alley. I'm not a huge 'core fan but I do like KSW and BTA quite a bit. WOA is not as technical as those bands and the early stuff seems more to the hardcore side. It's cheap, give it a shot.
What's KSW? Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: War of Ages - feedback   War of Ages - feedback Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:10 pm

KSW is me fat fingering KSE. Doh!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: War of Ages - feedback   War of Ages - feedback Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:19 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
KSW is me fat fingering KSE. Doh!

"Fat fingering". Ahhhh reminds me of prom night.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: War of Ages - feedback   War of Ages - feedback Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:27 pm

OH....yeah...Killswitch is pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: War of Ages - feedback   War of Ages - feedback Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:55 pm

War of Ages is one of my favorites, the newer albums are better than the first one, but all of them are good, definately in the vein of Killswitch Engage. One thing that is good about War of Ages is not every song sounds the same, like you can get with a lot of metalcore bands, the vocals are kind of typical for metal core but I find them understandalbe compaired to others. And I like the guitar work, the guitarist for WOA actually know how to play and now how to write/ play good solos. For a used price I think you will be happy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: War of Ages - feedback   War of Ages - feedback Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 10:23 am

Ben Grimm wrote:
War of Ages is one of my favorites, the newer albums are better than the first one, but all of them are good, definately in the vein of Killswitch Engage. One thing that is good about War of Ages is not every song sounds the same, like you can get with a lot of metalcore bands, the vocals are kind of typical for metal core but I find them understandalbe compaired to others. And I like the guitar work, the guitarist for WOA actually know how to play and now how to write/ play good solos. For a used price I think you will be happy.
AWESOME! That's what I was looking for. Thanks bud. 🤘
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: War of Ages - feedback   War of Ages - feedback Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:57 am

All I have is Fire From the Tomb. It's a pretty good album. I need to get their latest. I've seen these guys live quite a few times. The first couple of times they were called Point Zero. Not sure if they ever released any albums under that name or not.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: War of Ages - feedback   War of Ages - feedback Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 12:32 pm

7thSecond wrote:
All I have is Fire From the Tomb. It's a pretty good album. I need to get their latest. I've seen these guys live quite a few times. The first couple of times they were called Point Zero. Not sure if they ever released any albums under that name or not.
Didn't know that. Very cool. Thanks bro. :flames:
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: War of Ages - feedback   War of Ages - feedback Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:34 pm

I do believe that they released a demo under that name.....I'm not 100% sure....and I do not have it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War of Ages - feedback   War of Ages - feedback Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War of Ages - feedback
Page 1 of 1