Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015

Go down 
+18
metaldude
Boris2008
Thelemech
thejokeriv
exact33
MetalGuy71
James B.
Required Fields
Witchfinder
nevermore
DallasBlack
Leatherface
manny
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
chewie
tohostudios
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 9:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
manny wrote:
Full Metal Jacket

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 25679   One of my all-time favorites!  The first half is a hilarious comedy and the second half is a grim drama.  R. Lee Ermey is classic in that film.

And he's a true American hero. Very few actors in war movies were actual veterans (in the modern age that is).

Right now:

X-Files (the show)

Next:

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 923091-xfftf
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 2:19 am

Never Say Never Again - A-

Never understood all the hate this movie got. It really is one of my favorite Bond films and even superior to Thunderball. I sometimes wonder if those who ridicule it have no understanding of the background behind its production. Regardless of that and Connery's age, it's a crisp, stylish, and zippy ride through all the familiar elements of the truest Bond format. It's also funny as hell without being campy (okay, for the most part).

Nice to see a HD letterboxed version of this after years of being exposed to inferior VHS copies and poor print choices on cable TV. It was like a new experience. Kershner and his DOP do a great job of using the whole frame and shooting in neutral lighting and allowing the compostions to lead the eye. It's probably the best-looking pre-Skyfall Bond film out there.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 2:30 am

Futurama
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 1:15 pm

Never Say Never Again was an unnecessary and inferior remake of Thunderball with poor casting choices besides Connery of course. Although at this point he was way too old to be playing Bond.

Right now, I'm watching the Walking Dead marathon on AMC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 2:02 pm

007 wrote:
Never Say Never Again was an unnecessary and inferior remake of Thunderball with poor casting choices besides Connery of course. Although at this point he was way too old to be playing Bond.

Connery is 3 years younger than Roger Moore who starred in Octopussy that same year and still had A View To A Kill to come after.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 3:15 pm

Angel - Season 1

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 3:35 pm

S.D. wrote:
007 wrote:

Connery is 3 years younger than Roger Moore who starred in Octopussy that same year and still had A View To A Kill to come after.

Exactly. Both were too old. It's really noticeable (embarrassingly so for Moore) on View To A Kill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 4:58 pm

Moore should have retired after For Your Eyes Only (1981), that was a pretty decent later Bond film, would have made a better farewell to his Bond.

I haven't seen Never Say Never Again for a long time, I thought it was "okay" at the time it came out (I really didn't like Octopussy) but as you said it's basically unnecessary. I love Connery so that part worked for me and it was a little less cartoonishly over the top as the Moore films had become, but still a lesser entry. The 1980s were not kind to the Bond series.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 5:05 pm

X-Files (currently watching an episode guest starring the man, the myth, the legend; Bruce Campbell).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 6:33 pm

"Plastic Galaxy: The Story of Star Wars Toys" (2014)

Charming documentary about the rise and fall of the Kenner toy corporation, which went from a tiny company to an industry powerhouse thanks to the "Star Wars" license that brought forth a seemingly endless series of action figures, vehicles, and other tie-ins. Children of the '70s and '80s will have a blast going down memory lane with this one.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 6:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Plastic Galaxy: The Story of Star Wars Toys" (2014)

Charming documentary about the rise and fall of the Kenner toy corporation, which went from a tiny company to an industry powerhouse thanks to the "Star Wars" license that brought forth a seemingly endless series of action figures, vehicles, and other tie-ins. Children of the '70s and '80s will have a blast going down memory lane with this one.

Or it may bring back bitter memories of having to sell all my Star Wars toys at a garage sale when I was a little kid because I had "too many toys". Same thing happened with my He-Man collection.
lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 6:52 pm

I actually watched an episode of "Maude" today as for some reason our local Fox affiliate was using the Antenna TV feed while I was waiting for the local news.

Setting aside the dated clothing and references, the writing on this episode still came through; very sharp and actually had me laughing out loud several times. And I forgot how HOT Adrienne Barbeau was on this show.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 9:25 pm

Fantastic Four (2015)
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 9:47 pm

manny wrote:
Fantastic Four (2015)

What's the verdict? Better, just as bad, or worse than the other one?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 10:51 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Mission_Impossible_Rogue_Nation_poster
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 10:52 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
manny wrote:
Fantastic Four (2015)

The general verdict seems to be that this one is almost as bad as Batman & Robin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 6:55 am

"The Final Conflict" (aka "Omen III," 1981)

In the third chapter of the "Omen" saga, little Damien is all grown up and is ready to receive his Satanic birthright. Unfortunately a squad of assassin monks - and a little thing called the Second Coming - stand in the way of his plans. "Final Conflict" has its moments and a young Sam Neill (later of "Jurassic Park") does a nice job as the adult Damien but it pales in comparison to the previous two "Omen" flicks.

On the other hand, "Omen III" looks like the Royal Shakespare Company compared to...

"Omen IV: The Awakening" (1991)

This sh*t house made-for-TV sequel (!) picks up the saga with Damien's evil now housed in the body of a little girl who is adopted out to an unsuspecting D.C. political family. If it weren't for the "Omen" tag this would be just another standard killer-kid movie and the TV budget does it no favors. I knew I was in trouble as soon as I saw the director was Dominique Othenin-Girard, who was also behind the abominable "Halloween 5." AVOID.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 4:46 pm

Quote :
Or it may bring back bitter memories of having to sell all my Star Wars toys at a garage sale when I was a little kid because I had "too many toys".

lol! Yeah, I got a little bit of that vibe too. I yard-saled my Star Wars toys when I was a teen in the '80s...I did it of my own free will, though. At that time they weren't old enough to be "collectible" yet, therefore they were just "junk" and I was glad to make a few bucks off of them.

...thankfully this documentary didn't get into how much those old toys are worth nowadays (tho some of the collectors they profiled have very impressive stashes!)... cuz I was going "I had that one... I had that one too... I had that one too..." a lot, and I'm sure if they talked about the value of certain items, it would've ruined my day Smile

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 9:25 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
manny wrote:
Fantastic Four (2015)

Not as shitty as critics and fans stated, and better then the last franchise, but that is faint praise. The problem is the actor's do not have much chemistry, the plot is muddled, and not enough laughs.

The one actor, who got criticized for taking the role of Johnny Storm/Human Torch, Michael B Jordan was the one actor who could stood out.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 2:11 am

Monday Night Raw
My Little Pony: FiM
TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 The-Spongebob-Movie-Sponge-Out-Of-Water-2015
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 12:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

On the other hand, "Omen III" looks like the Royal Shakespare Company compared to...

"Omen IV: The Awakening" (1991)

This sh*t house made-for-TV sequel (!) picks up the saga with Damien's evil now housed in the body of a little girl who is adopted out to an unsuspecting D.C. political family. If it weren't for the "Omen" tag this would be just another standard killer-kid movie and the TV budget does it no favors. I knew I was in trouble as soon as I saw the director was Dominique Othenin-Girard, who was also behind the abominable "Halloween 5." AVOID.

They would have been much better off going with the Armageddon 2000 storyline, even that book wasn't great but much, much better than that rubbish!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 3:18 pm

I caught most of this on AXS TV over the weekend...Iron Maiden: Behind the Beast

Really good doc on what goes on behind the scenes when travelling around the world with Iron Maiden. The logistics of the transport and set-up of all the staging and gear is amazing. Really makes you appreciate the work of the roadies, not just for Maiden, but for any big act, rock or otherwise, that has a ton of theatrics and staging for their concerts. Little stuff like electricity that we take for granted can be a huge issue when playing in Cambodia. Or hiring local cameramen to broadcast the concert that don't speak the language and don't know Steve Harris from Bruce Dickenson and are using long-outdated equipment.

If you like that behind-the-scene kinda stuff, I heartily recommend this.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 3:20 pm

Also watched the finale of 'True Detective' last night. What a let-down this season was from last. Just terrible.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 3:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I caught most of this on AXS TV over the weekend...Iron Maiden: Behind the Beast

Really good doc on what goes on behind the scenes when travelling around the world with Iron Maiden. The logistics of  the transport and set-up of all the staging and gear is amazing. Really makes you appreciate the work of the roadies, not just for Maiden, but for any big act, rock or otherwise, that has a ton of theatrics and staging for their concerts. Little stuff like electricity that we take for granted can be a huge issue when playing in Cambodia. Or hiring local cameramen to broadcast the concert that don't speak the language and don't know Steve Harris from Bruce Dickenson and are using long-outdated equipment.

If you like that behind-the-scene kinda stuff, I heartily recommend this.

Thanks. This kind of stuff interests me more than just straight documentaries about bands.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 4:37 pm

Yea, it might not be for everyone as it's a little nerdy at times with all the geek-speak and technical jargon, but I found it very interesting. Makes you appreciate the hard work those guys do that goes un-noticed until something goes wrong.

You think it's easy to get a 25-foot Eddie packed in road cases and shipped to San Paulo? Razz
TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Iron+maiden+eddie+morumbi+8+metros+2011+the+final+frontier

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015 - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2015
Page 14 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25 ... 36  Next