Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August

Go down 
+12
Eyesore
Runicen
nevermore
MetalGuy71
Glower
Boris2008
the sentinel
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Empty
PostSubject: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 12:03 pm

MOTÖRHEAD To Release 'Bad Magic' Album In August

"After 40 years rattling teeth, bones and ears with their legendary rock 'n' roll, you might excuse MOTÖRHEAD if they wanted to ease off. Put their feet up. Relax a little. But that's just it… this is MOTÖRHEAD.

And instead, MOTÖRHEAD gleefully say a loud and hearty "bollocks" to that sort of feeble-minded thinking with their 22nd studio album, "Bad Magic", due on August 28. Bristling with thunderous attitude, pioneering spirit and some of the fiercest rhythms and riffs that'll beat your ears into submission this year, "Bad Magic" is a massive kick in the teeth for anyone who dared believe it might be otherwise. Indeed, if those people still remain, they would do well to grab some big fat earplugs, fall to their knees and pray like buggery, because big-rig head crushers like "Thunder And Lightning" and the especially l-o-u-d "Teach 'Em How To Bleed" show that MOTÖRHEAD are as strong, mean, loud, relentless, uncompromising and goddam heavy as ever.

Drawing on their own vast catalogue of road-warrior freewheeling rock'n'roll spirit, "Bad Magic" also strides confidently into some of the earlier attitudes of Motörmusic. Written and recorded in the studio together, for the first time in the Kilmister/Campbell/Dee era, the more "live" approach to creating "Bad Magic" has obviously paid dividends in this regard. There is the driving malevolence of "Choking On Your Screams", with Lemmy in magnificently omnipotent vocal mood, "Electricity" carries a hefty chunk of punk attitude married with some of Phil Campbell's best lead work in years, while "Shoot Out All Of Your Lights" is all devilish, greasy biker-borne-screw-you-and yours, Mikkey Dee's tribal drums pounding out a great path for more Kilmister proclamations. The boys even enjoyed a guest appearance from QUEEN's Brian May on "The Devil", adding a scintillating solo on this thunderous Motörstomper.

Produced at NRG Studios with long-time producer Cameron Webb, "Bad Magic" came together after a couple of years which saw MOTÖRHEAD enjoy their most successful international era in over two decades off the back of their last release "Aftershock". Lemmy also finally decided to face the fact he is flesh, blood and mortal like all of us, adjusting his lifestyle to kick the ass of health issues and re-emerging stronger, leaner and meaner than ever. His own personal performances on "Bad Magic" rank as some of the most wide-ranging and unique he has delivered in years, and on the ballad "Until The End", Lemmy opens up with equal levels explanation and intent on the simple but important matters which life conjures for us all. Add to all of this a wonderfully executed, gritty delivery of THE ROLLING STONES classic "Sympathy For The Devil", and it will be clear to anyone with a pair of ears that "Bad Magic" is MOTÖRHEAD's finest work in over two decades.

You can also expect the road to get its ass-kicked by MOTÖRHEAD once again in the last half of 2015! Starting in mid-August, there will be a North American tour with ANTHRAX which ends with the now-legendary Motörboat cruise between September 28 and October 2 from Miami, Florida to Nassau in the Bahamas, also featuring SLAYER and ANTHRAX among a bumper lineup of bands. And MOTÖRHEAD's 40th-anniversary European winter tour will start on November 15 at Le Zenith in Paris, ending on December 6 at the Hartwell Arena in Helsinki, Finland. More dates will be announced soon.

"Bad Magic" track listing:

01. Victory Or Die
02. Thunder & Lightning
03. Fire Storm Hotel
04. Shoot Out All Of Your Lights
05. The Devil
06. Electricity
07. Evil Eye
08. Teach Them How To Bleed
09. Till The End
10. Tell Me Who To Kill
11. Choking On Your Screams
12. When The Sky Comes Looking For You
13. Sympathy For The Devil (THE ROLLING STONES cover)"

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/motorhead-to-release-bad-magic-album-in-august/#MMCvm4kg1ieMcM41.99

New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Motorheadbadmagiccd_638
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 12:40 pm

Wow. I have to say I never thought there would be another release from these guys. Good to see their still plugging along.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 12:52 pm

Looking forward to it, long live Lemmy!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 1:03 pm

Yay! Keep on truckin' Lemmy!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 1:35 pm

Great news. This is a must buy. 2015 is finally shaping up; helloween, motorhead and annihilator. What a blast.

hope this will not be lemmy's last.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 4:09 am

Last edited by Witchfinder on Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 9:03 am

Awesome news! Thanks for the tune, Witchfinder.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 12:02 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Awesome news! Thanks for the tune, Witchfinder.

cool
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 12:26 pm

That's f*%king great song right there!!  headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 12:48 pm

No doubt that's Motorhead. Pretty good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 6:06 pm

Motorhead are so much truer and louder than say...well.....AC/DC.
You buy a Motorhead cd - it's like a high voltage live wire -
Like a motorcycle gang going through a suburban town -
Motorhead and Saxon are the gritiest engines in Metal longevity !
It'll be curious what " The Devil " is all about - Fire Storm - Evil Eye
""Sympathy For The Devil" ? Seems like everyone does that one - lol
Lemmy...health-wise.....life-style.....it's amazing !
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 am

Sweet!! Gimme Motorhead till I'm dead!!

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 1:55 pm

You think lemmy can still sing?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 1:58 pm

Live, I mean.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 10:00 am

Motorhead with Anthrax and Saxon

Aug. 19 - Riverside, CA – Riverside Municipal Auditorium *
Aug. 21 - Las Vegas, NV - House Of Blues *
Aug. 22 - Los Angeles, CA - Shrine
Aug. 24 - San Francisco, CA - Warfield
Aug. 27 - Salt Lake City, UT - The Complex
Aug. 28 - Denver, CO - Riotfest
Sep. 01 - Austin, TX - Cedar Park Center
Sep. 02 - San Antonio, TX – Aztec *
Sep. 04 - Dallas, TX - Bomb Factory
Sep. 05 - Houston, TX - House Of Blues *
Sep. 08 - St Louis, MO – Pageant *
Sep. 09 - Indianapolis, IN – Murat *
Sep. 11 - Chicago, IL - Riotfest
Sep. 12 - Detroit, MI – Fillmore *
Sep. 15 - Wallingford, CT – Oakdale *
Sep. 16 - Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach *
Sep. 19 - Toronto, ONT - Riotfest
Sep. 22 - Philadelphia, PA - Tower Theatre *
Sep. 23 - Charlotte, NC – Fillmore *
Sep. 25 - Orlando, FL - House Of Blues *

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 10:02 am

I think I'm gonna have to make that Philly show. It's been a few years now since I've seen Lemmy & the boys. And who knows if this could be my last chance. Anthrax and Saxon are just icing on the cake.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 10:29 am

That's an incredible line up.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 12:33 pm

New song sounds good!! Going to make the Charlotte stop of the tour. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 12:34 pm

You guys are die hards !
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 1:09 pm

Glower wrote:
You guys are die hards !

Go hard or go home. That's what the kids say right? Something like that. I dunno. Gotta see my heroes one more time before they play their final notes. We ain't getting any younger.

New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August 387733

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 5:51 pm

Lemmy looks like a walking corpse and sounds not so great either:

Compare to 2010:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 8:48 pm

Yeesh, that was a little rough. The man's going to go till he can't go no more. All the more reason I need to see him one more time. I think the last time I saw Motorhead was around 2004 or '05.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 9:16 pm

Ouch, he doesn't look or sound so good. Still hope to see them on the upcoming tour if they come up here though. He's living legend, and I've only gotten to see them about 6 times, so I will go till they stop coming.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 12:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I think I'm gonna have to make that Philly show. It's been a few years now since I've seen Lemmy & the boys. And who knows if this could be my last chance. Anthrax and Saxon are just icing on the cake.

Look like Saxon isn't on the line-up for the Philly show for whatever reason. Too bad. I would've liked seeing them. Crobot is taking their place. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing either.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 1:31 pm

Ouch. That comparison is rough. Lemmy sounds sedated. They have to gradually slow down the song as it goes...

Not sure if that's time or medication at work there. They never did really disclose what all his health scare involved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August   New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Motorhead - Bad Magic - Out in August
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next