Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in

Go down 
+27
ZombieHavoc
Lurideath
the sentinel
ShadowAngel
brokentulsa
mc666
Temple of Blood
James B.
Troublezone
Glower
stpatrik
corplhicks
glassprison
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
manny
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
stormspell
chewie
Infinite
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Eyesore
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Now I remember why I never got into TNT - this was the first song I heard of theirs and I found it rather wimpy/irritating, so I never bothered to dig much deeper. Haha

I have to agree with Uncle Sax, the guitarist was better then average, but maybe I got the wrong album, but I never explored further then the one album I do own.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 3:02 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Imagine the kind of asshat Bach must be for these guys to continuously say no. Bach would rejoin in a second, and they'd all make a lot of money, but they want NOTHING to do with it. It's amazing! I literally cannot fathom how shitty Bach must be to deal with to turn down that kind of money. Haha.

Every coin has two sides. Baz is not a saint and that's for certain, however, those two guys have been trying for far too long to prove Skidrow is bigger than its parts and Baz was not an integral part of their success, which by now is nothing more than silly clash of egos.

Those guys all made tons of cash back in the day, else a reunion would have happened long time ago. And it will probably happen one day

I don't know that they've been doing that. To me it just seems like they have more integrity than we've come to expect from musicians.

So they fired Johnny on the same day when announcing his replacement, and would not even let him bow out respectfully, but had to go on that crook'd Trunk show and tell everyone Johnny was fired... great integrity, yeah. Please tell me again what an asshat Baz is Smile

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/skid-row-fired-johnny-solinger-a-few-hours-before-announcing-tony-harnell-as-his-replacement/

I don't see a problem with that at all.

Yeah, me either. Solinger lives in another state. Why fly him in to fire him? Also, seems to me, he was respectfully let go, then went on FB immediately to say he "quit to pursue his solo career", which we now know is BS.

It makes even more sense now:

Quote :
On SKID ROW fans expecting the band to reunite with singer Sebastian Bach following the split with Solinger:

Rachel: "Yeah, that's why we made the call to Johnny [telling him he was out of the band] and announced [our new singer] Tony [Harnell] the same day. Because we knew if we had let Johnny go a couple of months ago when we had started working with Tony, that would be the thing everyone would be thinking.

"There's no real way to win that situation. People are gonna think that there's gonna be a reunion no matter what. But the fact of the matter is there's not, and it's all about SKID ROW with our new singer, Tony Harnell."

Look at how many Megadeth fans are pissed that, after months of speculation, Friedman and Menza aren't in the band now?
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 11:35 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Yeah, me either. Solinger lives in another state. Why fly him in to fire him? Also, seems to me, he was respectfully let go, then went on FB immediately to say he "quit to pursue his solo career", which we now know is BS.

I don't have a problem with how he got fired. All I know is that IF I have been in a band for 15 years, and then my band mates call me out of the blue to tell me I am fired the very same day my replacement is announced, I would feel hurt and betrayed, knowing they have planned that for a long time behind my back without saying a word...

And if everything was respectful and mutual, why not let him quit and keep some dignity? Just saying you know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 12:39 am

stormspell wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I don't have a problem with how he got fired. All I know is that IF I have been in a band for 15 years, and then my band mates call me out of the blue to tell me I am fired the very same day my replacement is announced, I would feel hurt and betrayed, knowing they have planned that for a long time behind my back without saying a word...

And if everything was respectful and mutual, why not let him quit and keep some dignity? Just saying you know.

Did you read why they did it that way? Makes perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 10:04 am

Since I finally softened up and gave Solinger a chance, I'm willing to do the same with Harnell. I just don't want these guys to become yet another 80's hair metal band punch-line like so many before them. The "Johnny Solinger Skid Row Experience" must never be.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 6:43 pm

lol! That's the last thing we need.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 5:06 pm

007 wrote:
The first 2 albums of TNT with Harnell singing (Knights Of The New Thunder and Tell No Tales) are great. After that, they started going downhill. Intuition was pretty good and Realized Fantasies was just passable. After that, from what I've read, they headed into a more modern rock sound so on that....I'll pass.

Their 2004 My Religion album is great, check that one out.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 8:02 pm

stpatrik wrote:
007 wrote:
The first 2 albums of TNT with Harnell singing (Knights Of The New Thunder and Tell No Tales) are great. After that, they started going downhill. Intuition was pretty good and Realized Fantasies was just passable. After that, from what I've read, they headed into a more modern rock sound so on that....I'll pass.

I would second that! TNT wasn't on my radar until I heard and then bought this album.

In fact, I'm gonna listen to this in the car on the way to class!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 8:25 pm

chewie wrote:
stpatrik wrote:
007 wrote:

I would second that! TNT wasn't on my radar until I heard and then bought this album.

In fact, I'm gonna listen to this in the car on the way to class!

Hmmm, that sounds really good. I'll have to look for that.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 4:58 pm

Tony Harnell ? - Skid Road ? I just lost respect for that guy for sure -
I don't care for tribute CDs and also - when bands hop about like this -
It was cool in the day with Black Sabbath - maybe Shortino with Q.R -
Harnell's style kinda reminds me of the White Lion singer -
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 8:31 pm

click to hear:

Harnell sings 18 and Life

Last edited by UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 8:32 pm

Sounds f'ing AWESOME to me!!! Record some new stuff now!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 9:14 pm

Doesn't sound too bad. But it seems like he's a bit weak. I'm not really complaining or criticizing though. Maybe I'm just too used to the original version. I still think he is an excellent choice.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 10:24 pm

WOW.

Dude is GOOD. They didn't even drop the track; it's in the same damn key! Miles better than Solinger. MILES.

Is he quite Baz? Naw, but no one is. Thing about Baz is he had a killer, unique method in his talent. Not only was his range wild, but his snarls, growls, grunts, etc were stuff of razor blade material. He was quite simply the most ferocious lead singer the world had seen since Halford. Sadly that side of him is cooked now, but this Harnell dude comes really f*cking close. I'm looking forward to this. Oh god I am looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 10:37 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
click to hear:

Harnell sings 18 and Life

Sounds pretty good. Let's hope the new material will take advantage of his range.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 10:40 pm

That's great that it's on key, but it sounds pretty weak to me. And this is one of their most melodic tracks. I just can't picture him singing "Monkey Business" or "Slave to the Grind."
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 10:53 pm

glassprison wrote:
That's great that it's on key, but it sounds pretty weak to me. And this is one of their most melodic tracks. I just can't picture him singing "Monkey Business" or "Slave to the Grind."

Yeah that will be round 2 haha.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 11:16 pm

Okay cover, but he lacks the grit, that emotional punch, that Bach had. And when he tries, like right before the solo, it falls flat. Compared to the original, this one is lifeless. He should have sang it like it was his own song, you know?

Here's a good cover of this one.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 9:57 am

Sounded pretty decent to me. Since I'll probably never see them live anyway, how he handles the classic material is pretty much a moot point. Let's see how he and the band follow-up the 2 good eps.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 3:41 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Imagine the kind of asshat Bach must be for these guys to continuously say no. Bach would rejoin in a second, and they'd all make a lot of money, but they want NOTHING to do with it. It's amazing! I literally cannot fathom how shitty Bach must be to deal with to turn down that kind of money. Haha.

Sebastian Bach "apologizes" to Skid Row's fans for his former band's apparent disinterest in their "legacy."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sebastian-bach-apologizes-to-skid-row-fans/

He sez here that Skid Row were once offered half a million (!) to reunite with him for two festival shows and they turned it down. DAMN. They must REALLY hate his ass to turn down that kind of coin.

You gotta almost admire their resolve ....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 3:55 pm

If that is true, then you really do have to admire their resolve. Absolutely incredible.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Yes, and you also have to realize just how much of a giant c*nt Sebastian Bach must be for them to turn down that kind of money. And you know that's not the only time they've done it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 4:55 pm

It's a tough situation... If they do a temporary reunion with Bach for a limited number of shows, fans may get pissed when it's over. Maybe if it doesn't work out with Tony, they will give Bach one last go for a nice retirement payday.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 7:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Yes, and you also have to realize just how much of a giant c*nt Sebastian Bach must be for them to turn down that kind of money. And you know that's not the only time they've done it.

Oh for sure. I just wonder what type of shit Bach has pulled over the years for them not wanting to deal with him.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 8:29 pm

Heep all the bs on Bach? One BOB ROCK produced the last real Skid Row album and butchered it as he normally does. Throw some blame on Rachel and Snake. as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next