Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in

Go down 
+27
ZombieHavoc
Lurideath
the sentinel
ShadowAngel
brokentulsa
mc666
Temple of Blood
James B.
Troublezone
Glower
stpatrik
corplhicks
glassprison
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
manny
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
stormspell
chewie
Infinite
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Eyesore
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 12:15 pm

Shocking to me they can attract someone of Tony's caliber. I'd think he could go to greener pastures.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 12:57 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Shocking to me they can attract someone of Tony's caliber. I'd think he could go to greener pastures.

TNT may be big business overseas, but in the States they one minor MTV hit, and not bad gig for Tony Harnell, he get a working visa for the States, play a few shows and make decent beer money.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 2:22 pm

Things just got a little more interesting. Sabo and Bolan are now saying Solinger didn't leave, he was fired...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/skid-row-fired-johnny-solinger-a-few-hours-before-announcing-tony-harnell-as-his-replacement/

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 2:56 pm

I think with Bach back in the band they'd make quite a bit of money in the beginning. I don't think their intake would remain that high, but in the beginning the demand would be pretty big, I think.

But still, the guy has to be a giant turd for them to want nothing to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 2:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Things just got a little more interesting. Sabo and Bolan are now saying Solinger didn't leave, he was fired...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/skid-row-fired-johnny-solinger-a-few-hours-before-announcing-tony-harnell-as-his-replacement/

Maybe it's because they're playing more of an old-school rock style now and Solinger's voice really isn't suited for it?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 3:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Maybe it's because they're playing more of an old-school rock style now and Solinger's voice really isn't suited for it?

No idea. I thought he sounded just fine on those last 2 eps. That's what makes that other post interesting. First, Solinger announces he left. Then Sabo and Bolan say "Yup, he left, but we've got Tony Harnell so we're cool". Now today, they're saying he was fired and had Tony waiting in the wings, but give no real reason other than "We wanted to make a change", like they're a baseball team trading a rookie prospect.

Will there be another release tomorrow from Solinger saying he quit because they wanted him to sign an unreasonable contract written by Dave Mustaine? Followed by Sabo and Bolan saying he was fired for acting too much like their last singer and demanding high-fives every 30 seconds?

Things are going to get weirder and uglier before the dust settles on this story.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 4:00 pm

manny wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

TNT may be big business overseas, but in the States they one minor MTV hit, and not bad gig for Tony Harnell, he get a working visa for the States, play a few shows and make decent beer money.

Wrong. TNT has a very large following in the states, with myself being a mega-fanboy. I don't care what Harnell does - I am buying it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 4:00 pm

And Harnell is from New York
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 4:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I suspected as much with the timing of the firing/hiring.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 4:42 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:

Yes I know he is a New Yorker, and TNT only had two albums chart in the States, both in, around 100 something position on Billboard, respectable but not blockbuster
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 5:56 pm

manny wrote:

Yes I know he is a New Yorker, and TNT only had two albums chart in the States, both in, around 100 something position on Billboard, respectable but not blockbuster

Why would he need a working visa, then? And I have not yet met a chart that was not complete bullshit. Le Tekro is, hands down, one of the top 5 melodic metal guitarists in existence. The charts will never show that.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 7:14 pm

I like Tony's voice but it's not easy to imagine him doing songs like "Slave to the Grind" and "Monkey Business" live.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 7:35 pm

glassprison wrote:
I like Tony's voice but it's not easy to imagine him doing songs like "Slave to the Grind" and "Monkey Business" live.

Actually that would be pretty cool. Hope I get the chance to do so.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 8:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Imagine the kind of asshat Bach must be for these guys to continuously say no. Bach would rejoin in a second, and they'd all make a lot of money, but they want NOTHING to do with it. It's amazing! I literally cannot fathom how shitty Bach must be to deal with to turn down that kind of money. Haha.

Every coin has two sides. Baz is not a saint and that's for certain, however, those two guys have been trying for far too long to prove Skidrow is bigger than its parts and Baz was not an integral part of their success, which by now is nothing more than silly clash of egos.

Those guys all made tons of cash back in the day, else a reunion would have happened long time ago. And it will probably happen one day

I don't know that they've been doing that. To me it just seems like they have more integrity than we've come to expect from musicians.

So they fired Johnny on the same day when announcing his replacement, and would not even let him bow out respectfully, but had to go on that crook'd Trunk show and tell everyone Johnny was fired... great integrity, yeah. Please tell me again what an asshat Baz is Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 9:58 pm

They're all asshats LOL. Baz just makes it somewhat more obvious.

What strange timing. I just revisited the last two EPs two days ago. They really are solid and many a cut above the previous Solinger crap. I thought maybe he was finally finding his footing. Haven't heard of this TNT dude so I have zero expectations.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 9:59 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
I guess they don't like money.  A reunion with Baz would make a nice chunk of change.

It would not increase their intake as much as Bas would want to do it, it would not increase their venue size, and it would create a LOT of frustration for everyone involved. Not worth it. We're not talking KISS money here.

Some money's better than no money, which is what they're making now.  Of course, no money is probably worth more than putting up with Bach for any amount of time.  Very Happy

I frankly don't care what their reasons are, I just want to see a reunited Skid Row live.  It's a shame they can't make that happen.

They do well enough for themselves that they don't need Sebastian...they tour, they record, they make enough money to make themselves happy...no need to add the frustration and friction Sebastian would bring to their lives just for a couple extra bucks.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 10:02 pm

Harnell lives in NY...he's from San Diego.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 10:22 pm

cool recent interview.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 1:57 am

corplhicks wrote:
They're all asshats LOL. Baz just makes it somewhat more obvious.

What strange timing. I just revisited the last two EPs two days ago. They really are solid and many a cut above the previous Solinger crap. I thought maybe he was finally finding his footing. Haven't heard of this TNT dude so I have zero expectations.

You should check out the videos I posted earlier!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 2:14 am

stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Imagine the kind of asshat Bach must be for these guys to continuously say no. Bach would rejoin in a second, and they'd all make a lot of money, but they want NOTHING to do with it. It's amazing! I literally cannot fathom how shitty Bach must be to deal with to turn down that kind of money. Haha.

Every coin has two sides. Baz is not a saint and that's for certain, however, those two guys have been trying for far too long to prove Skidrow is bigger than its parts and Baz was not an integral part of their success, which by now is nothing more than silly clash of egos.

Those guys all made tons of cash back in the day, else a reunion would have happened long time ago. And it will probably happen one day

I don't know that they've been doing that. To me it just seems like they have more integrity than we've come to expect from musicians.

So they fired Johnny on the same day when announcing his replacement, and would not even let him bow out respectfully, but had to go on that crook'd Trunk show and tell everyone Johnny was fired... great integrity, yeah. Please tell me again what an asshat Baz is Smile

I don't see a problem with that at all.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:16 am

manny wrote:

Why would he need a working visa, then?  And I have not yet met a chart that was not complete bullshit.  Le Tekro is, hands down, one of the top 5 melodic metal guitarists in existence.  The charts will never show that.

I am expressing my opinion not bashing your fanboy enthusiasm for Harnell.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:30 am

Eyesore wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I don't see a problem with that at all.

Yeah, me either. Solinger lives in another state. Why fly him in to fire him? Also, seems to me, he was respectfully let go, then went on FB immediately to say he "quit to pursue his solo career", which we now know is BS.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:36 am

I never warmed up to Solinger as their vocalist, but then again never heard the EP's he did recently, but the full length albums he did with them, were underwhelming.

Tony Harnell, I have one TNT album and its on cassette. If I remember correctly that guy had an incredible range, but I cannot imagine what he will sound like singing Skid Row classics.

I keep forgetting his an American, I always sought the band TNT with being Norwegian, and just included Harnell when I think of the band
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:40 am

Now I remember why I never got into TNT - this was the first song I heard of theirs and I found it rather wimpy/irritating, so I never bothered to dig much deeper. Haha

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:50 am

The first 2 albums of TNT with Harnell singing (Knights Of The New Thunder and Tell No Tales) are great. After that, they started going downhill. Intuition was pretty good and Realized Fantasies was just passable. After that, from what I've read, they headed into a more modern rock sound so on that....I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next