Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in

Go down 
+27
ZombieHavoc
Lurideath
the sentinel
ShadowAngel
brokentulsa
mc666
Temple of Blood
James B.
Troublezone
Glower
stpatrik
corplhicks
glassprison
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
manny
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
stormspell
chewie
Infinite
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Eyesore
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 3:45 am

S.D. wrote:
I guess I underestimate the amount of Skid Row fans, I remember seeing them in 1995 in Seattle at a 3/4 empty theater.  

Well, that was in the midst of the grunge era and they were touring on their worst album. If they reunited with Bach today, they'd do all the festivals, private shows and such, and make a ton of money. If they hitched up with another big act, like GNR, it could be very lucrative for them. Even if my "millions" comment is off, they'd make a hell of a lot of money. Hundreds of thousands, easy.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 5:20 am

Waaaaay more than they have been making in recent years for sure. It appears as though money isn't as important to them though. Unless they do a 180.

ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 11:54 am

mc666 wrote:
Waaaaay more than they have been making in recent years for sure. It appears as though money isn't as important to them though. Unless they do a 180.

That's what Dave Sabo said in an interview:
"Happiness, to me, is my spirit and my soul is more important to me than having dollars in my wallet. People may [not] believe that and that’s okay. Anybody who knows me knows that to be true." adding that nobody is comfortable with the idea of a reunion with Bach

http://loudwire.com/skid-row-dave-snake-sabo-no-one-comfortable-bringing-back-sebastian-bach/
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 12:26 pm

Snake doesn't need money....he's a manager, managing Down and (I believe) Godsmack, working for Doc McGhee's company.

Reunion's, at this point, are stupid. There's no need for any.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 1:44 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Why do you feel this way?

I for one, would like to hear a new CORONER, WATCHTOWER, and DARK ANGEL album.

Not to mention having the ability to catch so many of these other reunited bands live for the first time in over a decade.

It was amazing, for example, to hear John Arch sing with FATES WARNING again.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 2:11 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Why do you feel this way?

Because I do. Since The Eagles got back together in 1994, it's been reunions, reunions, reunions...bands that broke up AFTER 1994 have reunited already. 21 years of band reunions is more than enough. Enjoy the albums those bands made and move on.

IN MY COMPLETELY SUBJECTIVE OPINION* (so SD doesn't get all weird)

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 2:19 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Blow me.

Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 2:29 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

They aren't stupid. They never were stupid. There are a lot of good reasons why they should happen:
- Bands might be able to capture the old magic. Just think about big names: Deep Purple reunion in 1984? Iron Maiden reuinites with Bruce Dickinson and Adrian Smith? Toto reuniting and releasing XIV? I'm sorry but those are good reasons for me to say reunions are great and a welcomed sight.
- For Hardcore Fans especially it's something special to see the original/best known lineup one more time, to them it doesn't matter how out of shape they might be (see Mötley Crüe, hardcore fans go crazy over the shittiest performance of that band, like i've seen that at Sweden Rock Festival and it was hilariously awful but a lot of hardcore fans loved it)
- Also music doesn't have an expiring date and young people can get into old music, believe it or not. So imagine somebody getting into Skid Row, the original albums, loves Slave to the Grind but never has the chance to see that lineup? Imagine now a reunion is happening. Those Fans will see those bands for the very first time.

You also have to think about US Bands never even coming to europe or having only visited once or twice but a reunion tour might just bring them over the pond to us. That happened with Tesla, a band i totally love but i discovered them after they broke up and even before they rarely went to europe and germay specifically. They reunited, released some great music and finally came over here and trust me i had tickets and months before i couldn't await to finally see them live and when i saw them it was one of the greatest experiences ever Very Happy

So yes, in my completely subjective opinion, there's a need for reunions (if of course the lineup is somewhat close to the original and the musicians don't need the helps of doctors and nurses to be rolled on stage)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 2:31 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

They aren't stupid. They never were stupid.

You seem to have missed the "subjective opinion" part.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 2:32 pm

S.D. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Blow me.  

Laughing very hard happy

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 2:32 pm

S.D. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Blow me.  

Just what we need. Aggressive admins who start fights with the few people who still post here.

Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 2:51 pm

S.D. wrote:

You seem to have missed the "subjective opinion" part.

That's why i wrote it's my subjective opinion, my subjective opinion is they aren't stupid and never were stupid (well there were some stupid reunions for sure but i think more positive than negative came out of all of them combined)
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 3:58 pm

Either get back with Bach or call it a day.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 5:31 pm

Being a total fanboy, I just wanted to hear some new Harnell material.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 8:31 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/new-skid-row-singer-rumor-ex-dragonforce-vocalist-zp-theart/

Blabbermouth sez the Skid Row vocal slot may be filled by... former DragonForce guy ZP Theart.

Um....what??

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 8:34 pm

Gilmore Girls has been resurrected by Netflix for new episodes. I wonder if Sebastian will reprise his rocker role?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 12:26 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/new-skid-row-singer-rumor-ex-dragonforce-vocalist-zp-theart/

Blabbermouth sez the Skid Row vocal slot may be filled by... former DragonForce guy ZP Theart.

Um....what??

You know, I like this. He doesn't necessarily sound like Bach, but he's got the power and some grit in his voice (listen to that Tank track). I think he could probably pull off the old songs quite well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 12:48 pm

Bach's no dummy, he wants to get in on that sweet GnR reunion tour...

Quote :
Former frontman Sebastian apologizes for previous comments and wants to put the past behind him

Former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach says he wants to bury the hatchet with his old bandmates. The vocalist says: “Only way a Skid Row reunion could happen is if we somehow tried to bury a 20 year hatchet between us. Would love the chance to do so.

“To be honest, I have said some super shitty things to them and about them. I would like to apologise for shooting my mouth off.”

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 2:13 pm

I still don't see them getting back with Baz. Admittedly, I haven't followed this saga for a while but if Bach's trump card is "look how much money we can make" then he's screwed as it appears that Dave and Rachel just don't do it for the money. They have other reasons.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 11:15 am

Skid Row played their first show with "unofficial" singer ZP Theart (ex-Dragonforce)...

Meh. It's alright, for cell phone quality video. He doesn't embarrass himself I guess. I'm more interested in what they'll do in the studio than live performances. I think he'll be a better fit than Hartnell would've been.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 6:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Skid Row played their first show with "unofficial" singer ZP Theart (ex-Dragonforce)...

Meh. It's alright, for cell phone quality video. He doesn't embarrass himself I guess. I'm more interested in what they'll do in the studio than live performances. I think he'll be a better fit than Hartnell would've been.

Yeah he's okay.

I think the thing I miss most about Bach is his character. Watching recent concerts of his, yeah he sounds pretty bad, but at least he's a riot to watch, for better or for worse. Maybe if ZP gains confidence and gets used to this he'll be a solid fit.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 7:04 pm

I take it back. He doesn't fit at all.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 9:07 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm more interested in what they'll do in the studio than live performances.

I feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 1:24 pm

Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Sponge10

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 1:53 pm

^^^this should be in the Final Sign thread^^^ Some of us, however, do care about the goings-on of Skid Row.

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next