Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in

Go down 
+27
ZombieHavoc
Lurideath
the sentinel
ShadowAngel
brokentulsa
mc666
Temple of Blood
James B.
Troublezone
Glower
stpatrik
corplhicks
glassprison
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
manny
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
stormspell
chewie
Infinite
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Eyesore
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 6:38 am

The best news yet!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 8:05 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
The best news yet!

I knew you'd be happy, Unc.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 9:46 am

the sentinel wrote:
Didn't want to start a new thread and figured this was as good a place as any. Apparently,  Tony Harnell is out of SR and back in TNT.

http://sleazeroxx.com/tony-harnell-and-ronni-le-tekro-together-again-and-to-announce-new-tnt-lineup/

He's been out of Skid Row for awhile now. The ex-singer of Dragonforce has been fronting Skid Row for the last few months.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 6:13 pm

The other night at a live performance, Rachel Bloan announced that ZP Theart is officially the new lead singer of Skid Row and they are working on an album with him.

Guess the rumors of Sebastian coming back were just that.

http://loudwire.com/skid-row-officially-name-zp-theart-new-vocalist/

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 7:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The other night at a live performance, Rachel Bloan announced that ZP Theart is officially the new lead singer of Skid Row and they are working on an album with him.

Guess the rumors of Sebastian coming back were just that.

http://loudwire.com/skid-row-officially-name-zp-theart-new-vocalist/

Lawyer "Bas won't take the deal, said we need to sweeten it"
Band : F... him, we'll go with that Dragon Force guy, he sound pretty good live"
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 8:56 pm

I think the rumors of Bach's return were drummed up by Bach himself. I don't think Bolan & Snake have any wish to go back to that place. He seems like such a drama queen, I don't blame them. Nice to see them pushing forward rather than knuckling under to the easy lure of "reunion" dollars.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 9:41 pm

mc666 wrote:
I think the rumors of Bach's return were drummed up by Bach himself.

Of course they were.
Bach's got a newly published autobiography to promote, I wouldnt put it past him to start a few "reunion" rumors just to get his phone ringing, so then he can casually mention "By the way, have you read my book?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 11:18 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
mc666 wrote:
I think the rumors of Bach's return were drummed up by Bach himself.

Of course they were.
Bach's got a newly published autobiography to promote, I wouldnt put it past him to start a few "reunion" rumors just to get his phone ringing, so then he can casually mention "By the way, have you read my book?"

Yea, that sounds about right. Smile

I'm curious to hear what they come up with with this new guy. Can't say I paid much attention to him in Dragonforce. And when I finally got on board with Solinger after their last 2 eps, he goes and flies the coop.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 11:34 am

The sad truth is, there's no money in the Skid Row brand without Bach in it. Music might be good, but acclaim won't pay the bills.

And I don't know how many are paying to see Bach in 2017 either. Does he still show up on each and every VH1 documentary giving his comments?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 12:55 pm

I agree that Bach has probably drummed up some of those reunion rumors. He's probably hoping that their would be a big to do about a Skid Row reunion like there was for G'NR.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 3:47 pm

nevermore wrote:
I agree that Bach has probably drummed up some of those reunion rumors. He's probably hoping that their would be a big to do about a Skid Row reunion like there was for G'NR.

At the very least, I'm sure he was hoping his buddy Axl would take them out as openers for the big tour. That coulda been huge for them.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 10:50 pm

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-skid-row-singer-johnny-solinger-dead-at-55/
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 12:11 am

Terrible news. R.I.P.

I practically lost track of Skid Row after Subhuman Race.

Need to check out their later material.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 1:15 am

Gilbert wrote:
Terrible news. R.I.P.

Yeah… after the first two albums with Sebastian, I lost interest. I didn’t even get Subhuman Race. Everything after that was boring and generic. Good musicians, but uninspired. In defense of Johnny… he only could do so much with the songs given to him by Snake and Rachel.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 2:22 pm

Sad news. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 5:01 pm

R.I.P.
Sad to hear.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 8:48 pm

While a very good singer, his tenure with Skid Row never really impressed me much, but I thought his self-titled solo album was pretty good.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 10:27 pm

Bummer. Listened to Skid Row's Revolutions Per Minute as a tribute (I know it's not a terribly popular album, but I've always liked it).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2021 1:07 am

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Terrible news. R.I.P.

Yeah… after the first two albums with Sebastian, I lost interest. I didn’t even get Subhuman Race. Everything after that was boring and generic. Good musicians, but uninspired. In defense of Johnny… he only could do so much with the songs given to him by Snake and Rachel.

R.I.P.

I haven't played Subhuman Race in 2 decades probably. Need to revisit it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2021 1:08 am

DallasBlack wrote:
While a very good singer, his tenure with Skid Row never really impressed me much, but I thought his self-titled solo album was pretty good.

R.I.P.

Not familiar with his solo work. Will check it out.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2021 2:04 am

Gilbert wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

R.I.P.

It's kind of a dirty southern rock (originally typed grungy, but that gives the wrong impression). Found the CD in a bargain bin for just $3 but I see it on Amazon for $150 used. If you can't find it free anywhere and you'd like a CD-R copy, PM me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2021 3:12 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

R.I.P.

It's kind of a dirty southern rock (originally typed grungy, but that gives the wrong impression).  Found the CD in a bargain bin for just $3 but I see it on Amazon for $150 used. If you can't find it free anywhere and you'd like a CD-R copy, PM me.

I will. Thanks man headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2021 11:48 am

When he wore his hat, he kind of reminded me of Ronnie Van Zandt.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2021 4:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Bummer. Listened to Skid Row's Revolutions Per Minute as a tribute (I know it's not a terribly popular album, but I've always liked it).

I like all the post-Bach albums to an extend. None are great, but they're good. Some great songs on them, like this one:

You slap the name 3 Doors Down or Nickelback on that song, and it's a huge hit. No one cares when it's a bunch of old-fart 80s rockers, though. Haha.

The worst Skid Row album is by far Subhuman Race.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2021 4:40 am

It’d be interesting to see how Skid Row fans would rank their albums.

The TNT singer leaving after 8 months. What a mistake.

Johnny was in for over 15 years. Ah. Time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in   Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Johnny Solinger out of Skid Row; Tony Harnell (TNT) is in
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next