Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience

Go down 
+23
Shawn Of Fire
Lurideath
John Madden
Eyesore
glassprison
mlotek
corplhicks
brokentulsa
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
Dark Horseman
chewie
Required Fields
manny
Thelemech
thejokeriv
Troublezone
metalinmyveins
Glower
MetalGuy71
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 9:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:
Even Warren DeMartini wants nothing to do with this trainwreck. How did Bobby win the rights the name, he did not wrote a single song, his drumming is not that impressive and outside anyone around my age bracket, nobody gives a rat's ass about Ratt especially a scab version of the band.

Maybe Warren got tired of Bobby calling him every weekend saying "Duuude let's get the band back together, maaaaaan! I wanna go on touuuuuuuur!! Awwwwww, come on! Pleeeeeeeeeeaase?"....so he finally went "FINE! Take the F'ing name, I don't care what you do, but please leave me the f*** ALONE!"

Pretty much - LOL! From what I read Warren and Bobby own the corporation, with Bobby as CEO. Looks like Bobby spent a bit too much time with Tate when he was going to drum for BSryche and made an FU executive decision to go out on tour. I've seen the real Ratt twice in this century - I don't need to see this crap.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 11:47 am

The plot thickens:

With Ratt sidelined following singer Stephen Pearcy’s latest exit, drummer Bobby Blotzer has put together his own version of the group — a decision that guitarist Warren Demartini definitely does not support.

Demartini voiced his displeasure in a statement to Blabbermouth, saying Blotzer phoned him earlier this year and informed him of his plans to take what Demartini describes as “a Ratt tribute band” on the road. “He said something to the effect that he wanted to use Ratt in the title, like Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience,’” alleged Demartini. “I said I had no problem with him playing songs he recorded with Ratt, but I didn’t agree to him using the name in the title. He used it anyway.”

As a result, Demartini has made it clear he’s ready to do whatever he can to put the kibosh on what Blotzer’s called the 2016 Re-Invasion Tour, including taking Blotzer to court if necessary. “He is soliciting his tribute band as Ratt, which he is completely unauthorized to do,” Demartini’s statement argues. “I am totally against it, and steps are being taken to prevent any further misuse of the name as well as representation about future Ratt performances.”

What effect, if any, this has on Blotzer’s plans remains to be seen, but as Blotzer pointed out when he announced the tour, he splits ownership of the band name with Demartini — and since Demartini is unwilling to tour without Pearcy, and Pearcy is currently unwilling to tour with Ratt in general, Blotzer feels he’s been given no choice.

“It’s like, well, dude, if they’re not coming, then let’s move ahead here,” said Blotzer. “I wanna go and play for the fans, go and play for my family and my own just fun of working and earning the way I do with Ratt.

Read More: Ratt Guitarist Warren Demartini Wants to Stop Drummer Bobby Blotzer From Touring Under Band Name | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/ratt-bobby-blotzer-tour/?trackback=tsmclip
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 11:59 am

This kind of thing is getting ridiculous. I don't know if Ratt was ever that collaborative when writing songs, as Blotzer states, but if so, and if none of the other guys want to perform under that banner, why fight it?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 2:42 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

I've seen the real Ratt twice in this century - I don't need to see this crap.

I've seen Ratt 0 times ever, I don't need to see this crap or the real Ratt either Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 2:46 pm

The one time I saw Ratt was in 1985 on the Invasion tour (with Bon Jovi opening), I got a free ticket because my job was to chaperone my 11 year old cousin who was a major Ratt fan.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 2:50 pm

Quote :
He said something to the effect that he wanted to use Ratt in the title, like Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience,’”

I think Bobby has some slightly unrealistic ideas about the marquee value of the RATT name...they are not now, nor were they ever, anywhere near a Led Zeppelin level band...and he's sure as hell not John or Jason Bonham....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 4:52 pm

You guys say "crap," but the clip I shared a while back says otherwise. The Pearcy clip I shared is crap. Haha.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 7:29 am

And we can't forget the OTHER voice of Ratt Juan Croucier! Playing at a venue near you!!

Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Juancroucierwestland2015_638

RATT'S JUAN CROUCIER, the new project featuring Juan Croucier (RATT), Pete Holmes (BLACK 'N BLUE), Mike Moore and Toni Aleman, made its live debut this past Thursday, September 24 at the Token Lounge in Westland, Michigan. Fan-filmed video footage of the concert can be seen below.

RATT'S JUAN CROUCIER exclusively plays songs from the RATT catalog.

Having solidified the core of RATT'S JUAN CROUCIER (lead vocals, bass and drums), Juan and Pete set out to find the right guitar players for the group. After extensive auditions resulting from hundreds of submissions, they found two very talented guitar players in Mike Moore and Toni Aleman. Sharing the same passion, commitment and vision, they have been diligently rehearsing a set of over eighteen songs.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/video-the-other-voice-of-ratt-debuts-new-band-ratts-juan-croucier-in-michigan/#YbszUTuXjcD5AEhP.99
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 7:32 am

And if you go to Juan's site, he has not ONE but THREE, count 'em THREE message boards!

1. The "old" message board
2. The message board
3. The "new" message board

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 12:03 pm

I think a triple-bill of The Stephen Pearcy Band, Blotzer's Ratt and Juan's Other Voice of Ratt is in order.

I'd go to see that just for the epic pissing match that would inevitably ensue over who goes on first, who goes on last, who plays what songs, first dibs on groupies, etc. I wouldn't even care if they didn't play a single note. In fact, I might prefer it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 12:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I think a triple-bill of The Stephen Pearcy Band, Blotzer's Ratt and Juan's Other Voice of Ratt is in order.

Can we invite both versions of Queensryche as well?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 5:02 pm

Juan's version is just dumb. Is there any bad blood between these guys, or is it just for some an unwillingness to play under the name RATT without the original members? I just don't see a point to Juan's version if he and Blotzer are cool.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 6:23 pm

Juan didn't participate in the last few Ratt albums and tours so something must have gone down between him and the other members.

edit: he was out for a while, came back briefly in '12, then out again.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 8:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Juan didn't participate in the last few Ratt albums and tours so something must have gone down between him and the other members.

edit: he was out for a while, came back briefly in '12, then out again.

I saw Ratt with Juan in the band at the M3 festival a few years back, he isn't kidding about "the other voice of Ratt" - he seriously propped up Steven's vocals on stage and they sounded much better then when they had the other guy (don't remember his name) playing bass.

That said, this is getting a bit crazy with three bands playing Ratt sets. Will Warren jump in with his own?

Maybe Carlos can go on tour as Quiet Ratt playing the hits of both Quiet Riot and Ratt.....
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 6:49 am

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 7:56 am

The guy who runs sleazeroxx wrote a glowing review of Croucier's Ratt concert. I don't understand why Warren, Juan, Blotz, and Carlos don't just tour with the singer from Blotz's band? From the clips Eyesore posted and the above one, that would be a pretty enjoyable show. Is there really that much bad blood between everyone? Or is it just petty crap from the 80's?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 8:46 am

Quote :
Maybe Carlos can go on tour as Quiet Ratt playing the hits of both Quiet Riot and Ratt.....

BRILLIANT!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 10:41 am

And from the "Well, what took you so long!?!" department...

Quote :
RATT guitarist Warren DeMartini has filed a lawsuit against the band's drummer, Bobby Blotzer, claiming that Blotzer is falsely advertising his "tribute band" as the real thing.

Let the lawsuits begin!!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 1:05 pm

Warren's request? DENIED!!

Quote :
A publicist for RATT drummer Bobby Blotzer has issued a press release stating that a court ruling was made on November 5 denying RATT guitarist Warren DeMartini's request for an injunction to prevent Blotzer from using and touring under the RATT trademark.

DeMartini filed a lawsuit in September against Blotzer, claiming that the drummer is falsely advertising his "tribute band" as the real thing.

Go here if you really want to read more about this territorial pissing match...
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/warren-demartini-vs-bobby-blotzer-the-continuing-battle-over-rights-to-ratt-name/

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 5:34 pm

Warren, Juan and Carlos should steal the guy fronting Blotz's band and get Ratt up and running again properly. Because he's doing a better job of singing like Pearcy than Pearcy himself!

Just like Queensryche w/ Todd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3