Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience

Go down 
+23
Shawn Of Fire
Lurideath
John Madden
Eyesore
glassprison
mlotek
corplhicks
brokentulsa
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
Dark Horseman
chewie
Required Fields
manny
Thelemech
thejokeriv
Troublezone
metalinmyveins
Glower
MetalGuy71
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 7:04 am

I'm not usually big on cover/tribute bands, but I would probably go if this came near me. It would be pretty cool to hear Invasion of Your Privacy in full, with over 20 songs in the full set. But of course it would be infinitely more interesting if Warren or Stephen were doing this.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 11:46 am

corplhicks wrote:
I see the humor in this, but tbh, I see it as a viable endeavor as well.

I'm going with the humor part.............
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 2:35 am

Laugh it up, but this actually sounds really good.

Screw Pearcy. They should record a new album with this dude.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 9:29 am

I just saw Stephen Pearcy this past Saturday and he didn't sound anywhere near as good as those clips. He's never been a good live vocalist but I guess the stage presence/aura is what you get with him. I would definitely check out this Ratt Experience show though.

This is a killer setlist:

Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 11036260_810007709109350_3585550207255214757_n
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 9:56 am

I wanted to laugh too,until I saw those videos.This sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 10:22 am

glassprison wrote:
I just saw Stephen Pearcy this past Saturday and he didn't sound anywhere near as good as those clips. He's never been a good live vocalist but I guess the stage presence/aura is what you get with him.

He suffers from the same thing Jeff Keith suffers from these days: his voice is way too nasally. Geoff Tate is even singing like this a lot. I'm not a trained singer, so I don't know if they're just singing from their throat/nose or if it's something else, age or whatever, but it's definitely not easy to listen to.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 10:40 am

These guys were practicing in the room next to us a few weeks ago. Its actually damn good!! The singer Josh is a cool guy and really can belt these Ratt tunes out. I am not a big Ratt fan by any means, but I was impressed!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 10:50 am

Eyesore wrote:
glassprison wrote:
I just saw Stephen Pearcy this past Saturday and he didn't sound anywhere near as good as those clips. He's never been a good live vocalist but I guess the stage presence/aura is what you get with him.

He suffers from the same thing Jeff Keith suffers from these days: his voice is way too nasally. Geoff Tate is even singing like this a lot. I'm not a trained singer, so I don't know if they're just singing from their throat/nose or if it's something else, age or whatever, but it's definitely not easy to listen to.

It's age/wear/tear on the voice. The voice deepens as we age, and these guys spent those aging years forcing their voices higher to the point that now there is damage. Tate, Pearcy, Keith, Jon Bon Jovi, Meat Loaf, and others suffer from this type of thing and you can hear it...it's what causes that nasally sound.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 1:20 pm

Yea, I want to goof on this too, but those clips didn't sound half-bad. Dude probably sound better than Pearcy now anyway.

Eh, more power to 'em if they can make a dime.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 1:31 pm

My sound card is jacked up so all I'm getting is a visual here, but at least it looks cool. I had a feeling this was going to be a good idea. If you think about it, it's no different than Todd taking over Geoff's spot. Looking forward to hearing the vocals once I catch up with 21st century tech (stupid laptop(s)).
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 3:32 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Yea, I want to goof on this too, but those clips didn't sound half-bad. Dude probably sound better than Pearcy now anyway.

Waaaay better than Pearcy!

Dreadful.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 3:38 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
glassprison wrote:

It's age/wear/tear on the voice. The voice deepens as we age, and these guys spent those aging years forcing their voices higher to the point that now there is damage. Tate, Pearcy, Keith, Jon Bon Jovi, Meat Loaf, and others suffer from this type of thing and you can hear it...it's what causes that nasally sound.

I always Bon Jovi was forced to sing that way due to surgery, but I guess the surgery was probably a direct result of singing that way.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 1:49 pm

Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience have apparently won the legal battle to use the official RATT name once and for all. So hey, kids, let's have a warm welcome for your new and improved RATT, featuring Bobby Blotzer and... four other guys!

Revamped RATT To Embark On 'Re-Invasion Tour'
Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Blotzerrattnewpromo_638

After a five-year battle over trademark issues, doing everything he could to appease and re-assemble the band, RATT drummer Bobby Blotzer, the CEO of WBS, Inc. — RATT's touring entity and the sole and exclusive owner of the RATT trademarks — has taken control of the RATT brand and is taking his new version of the group back on the road, bringing fans the songs they love and shows they've missed... continuing to build upon RATT's legendary legacy.

Blotzer's revamped RATT, which played shows earlier in the year under the name BOBBY BLOTZER'S RATT EXPERIENCE, is rounded out by Josh Alan (SIN CITY SINNERS), Scotty Griffin (ex-L.A. GUNS), Doc Ellis (Jizzy Pearl's LOVE/HATE) and 22-year-old guitar hero Blaze.

Dates on the North American leg of the "Re-Invasion Tour" will begin in October and will include major swings through the Midwest, Southeast, South, Northeast and Canada. Stay tuned for more cities and dates being added each day.

Blotzer recently said that he decided to go out on the road and perform RATT's hits with the RATT EXPERIENCE after a disagreement over the ownership of the RATT name made it impossible for the original members of the group to work together.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 2:24 pm

I'm sure bowling alleys all over the midwest are excited to book RATT and the 37 paying customers that will attend.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 2:31 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'm sure bowling alleys all over the midwest are excited to book RATT and the 37 paying customers that will attend.  

If they add Frankie Banali's Quiet Riot Experience to the bill they might pull in 50!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 2:53 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Waaaay better than Pearcy!

Dreadful.
 2 minutes 40 seconds was honestly as much as I could take!  affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 2:55 pm

I remember back in the 80s when Yngwie Malmsteen did one of those "blindfold tests" where they played him songs from popular metal bands at the time. I don't remember which Ratt song they played for him but I will always remember his description of Stephen Pearcy..."He should have been a plumber".

Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 3:42 pm

Haha. I heard a live clip of Ratt during a Japan performance and they sounded terrible. I also remember buying the Arcade third album which was just live and demo tracks. In one of them Pearcy tries to get the audience to sing and no one cared, so he yells "F*ck you!" and goes on with the song a bit off.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 4:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience have apparently won the legal battle to use the official RATT name once and for all. So hey, kids, let's have a warm welcome for your new and improved RATT, featuring Bobby Blotzer and... four other guys!

And now our long national nightmare is over. Just days after Pope Francis steps onto American soil for the first time, this announcement gets made. Coincidence? I think not.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 4:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

And now our long national nightmare is over. Just days after Pope Francis steps onto American soil for the first time, this announcement gets made. Coincidence? I think not.

Laughing very hard

Seriously, at least when this was called "Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience," it was honest... slightly pathetic, perhaps, but honest. Taking the same "band" and presenting it as the "real" Ratt is just straight up B.S.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 8:42 pm

Even Warren DeMartini wants nothing to do with this trainwreck. How did Bobby win the rights the name, he did not wrote a single song, his drumming is not that impressive and outside anyone around my age bracket, nobody gives a rat's ass about Ratt especially a scab version of the band.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 8:57 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

2 minutes 40 seconds was honestly as much as I could take!  affraid

I was 1 minute and 35 seconds - couldn't take it - lol
" you tell a friend...and they tell a friend...and they tell a friend " - wtf -
You can see what made RATT great in the 80's.
Didn't see them in concert - wish I had - major L.A club band - for sure -
and they DID have crowd/performer energy and flamboyance -
Blotzer hired a good enough singer - very good -
and I sure RESPECT those Marshall stacks -
those are becoming a by-gone thing too - in clubs.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 9:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Laughing very hard

Seriously, at least when this was called "Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience," it was honest... slightly pathetic, perhaps, but honest. Taking the same "band" and presenting it as the "real" Ratt is just straight up B.S.

Excellent point, FF!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 9:57 pm

manny wrote:
Even Warren DeMartini wants nothing to do with this trainwreck. How did Bobby win the rights the name, he did not wrote a single song, his drumming is not that impressive and outside anyone around my age bracket, nobody gives a rat's ass about Ratt especially a scab version of the band.

Maybe Warren got tired of Bobby calling him every weekend saying "Duuude let's get the band back together, maaaaaan! I wanna go on touuuuuuuur!! Awwwwww, come on! Pleeeeeeeeeeaase?"....so he finally went "FINE! Take the F'ing name, I don't care what you do, but please leave me the f*** ALONE!"

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 10:31 pm

manny wrote:

Warren wouldn't rejoin if it wasn't going to be with Stephen and Juan in the band. Still not sure how Bobby won the rights though. It looks like the other band members would have some say so in this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience   Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next