Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall

Go down 
+21
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
ZombieHavoc
glassprison
Infinite
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
ultmetal
exact33
DakotaRogers
James B.
the sentinel
Lari
Gilbert
Eyesore
A Handful of Wayne
corplhicks
Zdan
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Empty
PostSubject: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 6:51 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/overkill-signs-worldwide-deal-with-nuclear-blast-new-box-set-due-in-the-fall/

OVERKILL Signs Worldwide Deal With NUCLEAR BLAST; New Box Set Due In The Fall
New Jersey thrash metal veterans OVERKILL have inked a new worldwide deal with Nuclear Blast Records. Previously signed to the label for Europe only, OVERKILL's first worldwide release on Nuclear Blast will be a special box set comprised of the band's entire back catalog, due out this fall.

"OVERKILL is now a part of the Nuclear Blast family for the entire world," states OVERKILL manager John Finberg. "I have worked with the U.S. office on various projects as of late, and they have a true understanding of what to do and how to do it. This upcoming box set is the start of the next chapter in the band’s career."

Adds Nuclear Blast label manager Gerardo Martinez: "Nuclear Blast is proud to announce a worldwide deal with OVERKILL. We’ve worked with them outside North America for the past few years, but it was time to extend the deal and have them join the North American family as well. Nuclear Blast America welcomes the legends!"

OVERKILL and SYMPHONY X will join forces for a North American tour in September/October. The 24-date co-headlining trek launches at The Palladium in Worcester, Massachusetts on September 18, hits four Canadian cities, then wraps up with a very special night at Terminal 5 in New York City on October 17 — the first time in the bands’ combined histories that they'll play a show together in their own backyard.

Advanced tickets for the confirmed tour dates below are on sale exclusively at EnterTheVault.com until April 15, when they go on sale everywhere. VIP packages include a meet-and-greet session with both bands and an exclusive poster.

OVERKILL's new album, "White Devil Armory", sold around 8,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 31 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD was released on July 22, 2014 in North America via eOne Music and on July 18, 2014 in Europe through Nuclear Blast Records. The effort was tracked at Gear Recording and was mixed by Greg Reely, who also worked on 2012's "The Electric Age".

The limited-edition box-set version of "White Devil Armory" included a digipack CD, a leather belt and buckle plus a certificate of authenticity.

OVERKILL filmed videos for the songs "Bitter Pill" and "Armorist" with veteran director Kevin J. Custer (HATEBREED, TESTAMENT, SUFFOCATION). Custer previously worked with OVERKILL on the "Electric Rattlesnake" and "Bring Me The Night" clips.

Speaking about what OVERKILL was trying to accomplish with "White Devil Armory", singer Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth told Artisan News: "My personal motivation, and I can probably speak for my partner D.D. [Verni, bass], is that you don't want repetition. Obviously, we are what we are — a thrash metal band — [and] we fall into, let's say, a subgenre of this metal community, but the idea is that you wanna stay interested with it, you want to try, to some degree, to reinvent yourself. And I think the thing I'm most proud of when it comes to a record like Number 17, being 'White Devil Armory', is that that's the push for it. No repetition. Let's get in there and let's define that line between repetition and what style is. I write all these notes in my office where I have my little studio — 'Don't repeat yourself,' 'Don't use this,' 'Don't use that' — and that becomes kind of the flavor of the writing: Stay relevant, great execution, modern presentation. Make Number 17 relevant in 2014."
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 6:53 pm

Their entire back catalog???!!!! Yowza.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 6:56 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Their entire back catalog???!!!!  Yowza.

That won't be cheap. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 7:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

No joke! I'm pretty sure I have everything they've ever released song wise. I even have a bunch of Japanese imports so I could get the bonus tracks. Unless there's something exclusive to this set, I doubt I'll get it.

Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 7:06 pm

I wonder if they will remaster the early output. I hope not. The older I get the more sour I am on remasters. Most of them are not worth the money. Compression and loudness is the rule of the day. And I have most of these albums on CD already. I think I will pass on that one.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 8:12 pm

If the box turns out to be Chaly with glowing eyes, my inner fanboy could be a force to reckon with.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:29 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

No joke!  I'm pretty sure I have everything they've ever released song wise.  I even have a bunch of Japanese imports so I could get the bonus tracks.  Unless there's something exclusive to this set, I doubt I'll get it.

I've got US versions of all the albums and over the past couple of years I've YouTube-to-MP3'd pretty much all of their foreign bonus tracks so I'm good.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:50 pm

Im interested to see what is going to be included in this box. I got all the albums so if its nothing special I wont be bothering.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 12:31 am

Going by recent box sets, it'll no doubt it'll be cheaply made, everything in cardboard slipcases or at best digipacks.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 2:23 am

You're onto something there. That's the reason I gave up on box sets some seasons ago.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 6:56 am

A collector's item for sure. Definitely worth getting.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 8:45 am

I only have Killbox 13. Maybe I should get this when it comes out. Obviously depends on the price, too.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 10:23 am

I am only about 2/3 albums away from their whole discography so I will pass on this one. Cool news, though.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 3:50 pm

I'm only missing a couple newer titles. I can't justify getting this.

But I hope the domestic Nuclear Blast deal works in their favor.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 5:29 pm

My O'Kill is only the first 5 and the last 3, maybe ?

Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 7:06 pm

I already own their 7 essential classic and modern releases + the abysmal "Immortalis." Doubt I'll pay $300 for the excess in the middle.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 7:21 pm

I believe I have everything from them so there's really no need for me to be getting it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 7:21 pm

James B. wrote:
               My O'Kill is only the first 5 and the last 3, maybe ?

that is me too.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Box sets rule! This one looks like it might be a bit expensive.

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 10:46 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Box sets rule! This one looks like it might be a bit expensive.

Box sets can be beyond awesome. They can also suck beyond imagination. Lousy remastering, digipacks/cardsleeves etc.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 12:36 am

Wait. Immortalis was abysmal? Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall 505193
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 12:41 am

Power in Black deserves a proper reissue. "Death Rider" is probably the best Overkill song ever made. I wish they'd continued as a USPM band, personally.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 2:58 am

Painkiller wrote:
[i]. I wish they'd continued as a USPM band, personally.

Why be something that you're not ?

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 3:26 am

James B. wrote:

Because we're not talking about Pantera here.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 3:29 am

Painkiller wrote:
James B. wrote:

Because we're not talking about Pantera here.

Now that was funny, good job ! We are learning

PostSubject: Re: Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall   Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overkill - Giant Box Set Due This Fall
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next