Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD!

Go down 
+15
mlotek
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
manny
martinsane
Boris2008
Hadley
Infinite
Vexer6
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
corplhicks
chewie
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37655

"Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD!   "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 4:42 pm

Quote :
I'd love to know what Miss Gazzari is up to these days

In the "E! True Hollywood Story" episode on "Married With Children," Christina Applegate sez that when she first started playing Kelly Bundy she wasn't really sure where to "go" with the character, till she saw "Decline II" and heard Miss Gazarri say that she hoped winning the contest would help her with her "modeling and actressing." As soon as she heard that she sez "That's her. That's Kelly Bundy in a nutshell." So she based her portrayal of Kelly on that girl for the rest of the series. Laughing very hard

...therefore, on behalf of all teenage metal dorks who spent a decade lusting after Kelly Bundy, THANKS MISS GAZZARI, whoever and wherever you are!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD!   "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 6:54 pm

Part "II: The Metal Years" was much too short...I hope there are going to be a lot of DVD extras.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD!   "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 10:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I'd love to know what Miss Gazzari is up to these days

In the "E! True Hollywood Story" episode on "Married With Children," Christina Applegate sez that when she first started playing Kelly Bundy she wasn't really sure where to "go" with the character, till she saw "Decline II" and heard Miss Gazarri say that she hoped winning the contest would help her with her "modeling and actressing." As soon as she heard that she sez "That's her. That's Kelly Bundy in a nutshell." So she based her portrayal of Kelly on that girl for the rest of the series. Laughing very hard

...therefore, on behalf of all teenage metal dorks who spent a decade lusting after Kelly Bundy, THANKS MISS GAZZARI, whoever and wherever you are!!

Awesome info, Keith! Laughing
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD!   "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 12:44 pm

Pre-order on Amazon for those interested...
http://www.amazon.com/Decline-Western-Civilization-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B00V02H58W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428424739&sr=8-1&keywords=decline+of+western+civilization+collection

$54 is a little steep for me, considering I'm really only interested in disc 2 (and even that would only get a spin or 2 before shelving).

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD!   "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 9:29 pm

$54? Thank you but I'd rather wait for Netflix to pick it up
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39638

PostSubject: Re: "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD!   "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:29 am

Yeah that's way too rich for my blood. Guess I'll wait for a good used copy or catch it on Netflix if it ends up on there.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD!   "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:38 am

Yeah, I already made my own DVD when it aired on Sundance Channel a while ago so I'm good. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD!   "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 1:22 pm

Now you can watch Chris Holmes self-destruct in a pool in front of his mother in stunning HD.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD!   "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:34 am

For those interested, "Decline Part II: The Metal Years" will be available as a stand-alone blu-ray Friday, March 4th. You don't have to buy the whole set now.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/music/music-documentary/the-decline-of-western-civilization-part-ii-the-metal-years

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD!   "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 3:54 pm

For those of you who have "Roku" capability on your TV's, Shout Factory's streaming channel currently has all three "Declines" up for instant viewing, for free.

I watched the original this afternoon, and though I said earlier in this thread that I "hadn't seen it in dog years," I think I may have had it confused with some other punk-rock movie for all these years, cuz when I watched it this afternoon, none of it seemed familiar to me at all. (shrugs) scratch

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD!   "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 8:30 am

Remember the no-name dude from "Decline II" wit the two-tone hair?

"Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD! - Page 2 Sddefault

He never got famous for his music (as he'd promised in the film) but now it seems he is looking at a few years in prison for defrauding investors in his concert-promotion business:

http://metalsludge.tv/the-guilty-years-rock-promoter-gabe-reed-admits-guilt-in-concert-scandal-could-face-20-years-in-prison/

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD!   "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 10:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Remember the no-name dude from "Decline II" wit the two-tone hair?

"Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD! - Page 2 Sddefault

He never got famous for his music (as he'd promised in the film) but now it seems he is looking at a few years in prison for defrauding investors in his concert-promotion business:

http://metalsludge.tv/the-guilty-years-rock-promoter-gabe-reed-admits-guilt-in-concert-scandal-could-face-20-years-in-prison/

I'm glad you specified which no-name dude with this one's picture because I would have had a hard time deciding which one you were referring to. Laughing

Another thing about this movie is the soundtrack is much heavier than most of the bands featured in the movie.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD!   "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 10:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I fail to see what was so "ridiculous".
"Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD! - Page 2 PDVD_012

What a Face

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD!   "Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Decline of Western Civilization" Series FINALLY on Blu-Ray/DVD!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2