Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Civilization 3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Civilization 3 Empty
PostSubject: Civilization 3   Civilization 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:14 pm

used to play civilization 2 back when I was a kid and started playing it recently just wandering what civilization 3 is like and also do any of you know where I can download it?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

Civilization 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilization 3   Civilization 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:13 pm

I love Civ 2. Possibly my favourite game ever. I was getting pretty good at the game, too. I don't know about Civ 3, but I have CIV 4. I don't play it that much though. Never even touched any of the expansion packs that came with the game. But it seems faithful enough and has a ton of features.

Can't help you with downloads. For buying a copy, try Amazon. Shouldn't be hard to find.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Civilization 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilization 3   Civilization 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:27 pm

Lari wrote:
I love Civ 2. Possibly my favourite game ever. I was getting pretty good at the game, too. I don't know about Civ 3, but I have CIV 4. I don't play it that much though. Never even touched any of the expansion packs that came with the game. But it seems faithful enough and has a ton of features.

Can't help you with downloads. For buying a copy, try Amazon. Shouldn't be hard to find.

What's civ 4 like then?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Civilization 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilization 3   Civilization 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:43 am

It's great. It plays a bit like CIV 2, but there's lots of features that minimize the need for micromanagement and most of those 'sure' ways to gain an edge or win are eliminated or balanced out. It's quite challenging to master. And they got Leonard Nemoy to read out a small narration everytime you discover a technology.

My wife plays the game a lot. I am more inclined to pop in CIV2 whenever I feel like playing... it's uglier and has glitches, but it's something I am very familiar with. I get confused with CIV IV.

There's a couple of excellent websites like Apolyton and CivFanatics that you might want to check out.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Civilization 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilization 3   Civilization 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:07 am

Lari wrote:
It's great. It plays a bit like CIV 2, but there's lots of features that minimize the need for micromanagement and most of those 'sure' ways to gain an edge or win are eliminated or balanced out. It's quite challenging to master. And they got Leonard Nemoy to read out a small narration everytime you discover a technology.

My wife plays the game a lot. I am more inclined to pop in CIV2 whenever I feel like playing... it's uglier and has glitches, but it's something I am very familiar with. I get confused with CIV IV.

There's a couple of excellent websites like Apolyton and CivFanatics that you might want to check out.

thanx
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Civilization 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilization 3   Civilization 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 11:04 am

In CIV2 bribing and caravans were a little "too good". Same with combat and being able to bait the opposing units to throw themselves at your fortified defenses. You have to be able to use a larger variety of tactics in Civ IV and things are balanced out a lot better.

The cultural borders thing takes some time to adjust to, but it's not as annoying as it was when I first played.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Civilization 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Civilization 3   Civilization 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Civilization 3
Page 1 of 1