Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!

Go down 
+6
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Shiney
Fat Freddy
fingers
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Empty
PostSubject: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:48 am

yes the whole movie on this link for FREE!http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4689920637100527225
HELL YE!! 🤘 headbanger Metal horns all the way! Aw man I have been looking for this movie for nearly 5 years since you can't get it in Australia the search is finally over.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:27 am

saw it and I think it's not that good first off it gives you the bad heavy metal stereotypes by interviewing these C grade drugged hair metal rock stars and giving the viewer the impression metalheads are morons. Also I am sure Dave Mustaine regrets appearing on the show and he definitely opened himself a can of worms. Faster Pu$$ycat, Odin and Lizzy Bordin were alright the rest were weak but the thing is what most of them had that alot of today's pop artists don't have is they had FIRE even though they weren't at all talented. Anyway I am glad that I didn't waste my money on it and saw it for free doesn't at all hold a candle to other movies like headbangers Journey. Spinal Tap,etc
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:29 am

You have to view it with a sense of irony to really enjoy "Decline II." There's a lot of unintentional comedy in that movie.

That said, it does paint a pretty accurate picture of what was going on in L.A. at that particular time (1987-88), sad as that sounds.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:46 am

This movie has a place in my heart...then I have always been unapologetic in my love of glam/hair and cheese metal and this film has all that.

I actually had mostly all the bands featured...ODIN (they rule!!) LONDON, FASTER Pu$$ycat, TUFF....there were a few I never found but all in all they were decent.

The decendance was just so over the top...and with hair that big the top was way up there....

I hope this gets a dvd release sometime....seriously...It's like a big cheesy time capsule.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:53 am

It is a must see
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:00 am

Rumors of a "Decline II" DVD release pop up every so often, but nothing ever comes of it... probably too many hassles with music rights/licensing ...

Just for gits and shiggles I Googled "The Metal Years DVD" and found this site... wow, this guy's got a good scam going...

http://www.themetalyears.com/

The idea is, you send him your VHS copy and PayPal him $20 and he'll mail you your tape back along with an "archive copy" burned to DVD-R. Oooookay. How much you wanna bet that if you send this dude your tape you will never see it again??? VHS copies of this movie regularly go for $75 to $100 on eBay.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:11 am

Quote :
The idea is, you send him your VHS copy and PayPal him $20 and he'll mail you your tape back along with an "archive copy" burned to DVD-R. Oooookay.

Make sure to write your credit card information and all PIN numbers on the tape before you mail it too. Just in case. Rolling Eyes

I watched Decline about a year ago for the 1st time in years. They played it on IFC. It was the first time ever seeing it for my wife. She was cracking up at some of the get-ups. But yea, that movie will always hold a special place in my heart. For better or worse, it did capture a moment in time pretty well.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:00 pm

If you have the IFC station, they often show it as well.

I don't see why there's no DVD release for this yet. Obviously, the rights are being issued to air it on TV, why can't Spheeris get it on DVD? I'm sure there's tons of indie rock/metal labels that would love to release it on video.

When the DVD happens, I've love to see some follow up interviews with some of the people in the documentary or even a full-fledged "sequel" focusing the lives of those guys now.

Heck, something similar focusing on the modern movement would be cool too (Motley Crue on top again, Bret Michaels/Poison, Buckcherry, Hinder, XXX, Hardcore Superstar, Black Rain, Vains of Jenna, the whole Sweden scene really, Charm City Devils, The Last Vegas, etc.)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:23 pm

Quote :
When the DVD happens, I've love to see some follow up interviews with some of the people in the documentary or even a full-fledged "sequel" focusing the lives of those guys now.

That would be an awesome bonus feature for the dvd!! A "Where Are They Now" segment! Tell me you're not curious to know what the guy from Wet Cherry is up tp these days or who the 2 chubby groupies are doing. Or skunk boy!

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:24 pm

I bet no one would have guessed Chris Holmes would still be alive 20 years later. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:25 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Tell me you're not curious to know what the guy from Wet Cherry is up tp these days

There was a very lively discussion of the "Wet Cherry" guy on the message board for this movie on IMDB a while back. Believe it or not he's apparently still around, using the same band name and still playing around Hollywood. I believe there may have been a MySpace link for him there, if I get a chance I'll go back later and look for it.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Tell me you're not curious to know what the guy from Wet Cherry is up tp these days

There was a very lively discussion of the "Wet Cherry" guy on the message board for this movie on IMDB a while back. Believe it or not he's apparently still around, using the same band name and still playing around Hollywood. I believe there may have been a MySpace link for him there, if I get a chance I'll go back later and look for it.

Uggg. I found it.

http://www.myspace.com/wetcherritunes

Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! 1335654467_l

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Dang it, MG, ya beat me to it. I was just coming back here to post the MySpace. angry

Thankfully I was spared hearing any of Wet Cherri's "music" because the PC I'm on at the moment doesn't have any speakers.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

By the way, I never noticed this before, but I swear this guy looks a lot like Pauly Shore.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:56 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I bet no one would have guessed Chris Holmes would still be alive 20 years later. Smile

I would be one of those people!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Uggg. I found it.

http://www.myspace.com/wetcherritunes

lol!

He was one of the few guys I actually wondered what happened to him. headbanger

Their MySpace page says they're on a major label. Warner Bros. really signed you guys, huh? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:28 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:

Their MySpace page says they're on a major label. Warner Bros. really signed you guys, huh? Laughing very hard

I'd bet that the closest that band ever got to being "on Warner Bros." was if one of them worked in their mail room, or delivered pizzas to a board meeting there.

Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
You have to view it with a sense of irony to really enjoy "Decline II." There's a lot of unintentional comedy in that movie.

That said, it does paint a pretty accurate picture of what was going on in L.A. at that particular time (1987-88), sad as that sounds.

fair enough I guess I had a negative opionion about the movie since lemmy said in his autobiography that it gave hevy metal a bad name
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:18 pm

Funny movie, I found the douche bags that were interviewed hilarious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 8:45 pm

Anyone know if the band Seduce from this film ever released anything? They're not in the Metal Archives, but based on the sound I heard they had quite a bit of potential. Thanks for the link!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 9:55 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
Anyone know if the band Seduce from this film ever released anything? They're not in the Metal Archives, but based on the sound I heard they had quite a bit of potential. Thanks for the link!

I could swear they released an album around the time of the movie's release but can't recall the name of it. If it comes to me I'll come back and post the info.

*EDIT* Well that was easy. They released one album called "Too Much Ain't Enough" on the I.R.S. label back in '88. They're probably not listed on Metal-Archives cuz they're more of a "glam" band than a metal band, but I found'em quite quickly on the more glam-friendly Heavy Harmonies....

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=345&CDName=Too+Much,+Ain%27t+Enough

Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 11:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalFRO wrote:

I could swear they released an album around the time of the movie's release but can't recall the name of it. If it comes to me I'll come back and post the info.

*EDIT* Well that was easy. They released one album called "Too Much Ain't Enough" on the I.R.S. label back in '88. They're probably not listed on Metal-Archives cuz they're more of a "glam" band than a metal band, but I found'em quite quickly on the more glam-friendly Heavy Harmonies....

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=345&CDName=Too+Much,+Ain%27t+Enough

Shiney really loves that record, i've heard him rave on about it before. Being from Detroit, on I.R.S Records and covering T. Rex's "The Slider" tells me they may have had something unique going on in that style of music.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 8:25 am

rattpoison wrote:

Shiney really loves that record, i've heard him rave on about it before. Being from Detroit, on I.R.S Records and covering T. Rex's "The Slider" tells me they may have had something unique going on in that style of music.

It's been a while since I've seen the movie but from what I remember, Seduce was one of the better bands profiled in it.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:45 am

rattpoison wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalFRO wrote:

I have that album and yea, it's a good 'un. I remember finding it years ago at a flea market and I bought it soley for the fact that they were "That band from Decline". They had a track on the Decline soundtrack as well. Yea, it's more on the glammier side of things, but a fun listen.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:30 am

Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! 83628 BUMP!!

Those of you who have Sundance Channel, "Decline II" will be airing there a couple of times this week (late at night), so check yer local listings and fire up them DVD recorders.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!   Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watch Decline of Western Civilization 2 for FREE!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: