Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deluxe Editions..

Go down 
+15
Troublezone
the sentinel
Runicen
journeyman
Lurideath
Getizzyback
Witchfinder
Thelemech
nevermore
MetalGuy71
glassprison
Shawn Of Fire
Boris2008
corplhicks
brokentulsa
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 9:10 pm

Ult wrote something on NLTM about White Lion's Pride having an unreleased alternate mix by a different engineer. Supposed to be edgier. I'd like to see that released.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 10:31 pm

Faith No More - The Real Thing
Suicidal Tendencies  - Lights Camera Revolution
Alice In Chains - Facelift and Dirt
Metallica - Kill Em All
Prong - Beg to Differ
Galactic Cowboys - The first few
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 11:02 pm

The entire Omen catalogue.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 11:16 pm

A Steven Wilson remix of Sodom - Obsessed by Cruelty lol!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 11:23 pm

Lol. Gee I wish Wilson would get to those .38 Special reissues we keep hearing about.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 11:29 am

Troublezone wrote:

I'd second this and add "Angel Dust" to the list. There are a ton of live recordings, EP, soundtrack cuts and B-Sides from both eras and I'd love to see them touched up sonically and compiled properly. Sadly, I highly doubt anyone from the band would have any interest in devoting the time to that, so we'd be at the tender mercies of their record label to do it right.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 1:14 am

Runicen wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I'd second this and add "Angel Dust" to the list.  There are a ton of live recordings, EP, soundtrack cuts and B-Sides from both eras and I'd love to see them touched up sonically and compiled properly.  Sadly, I highly doubt anyone from the band would have any interest in devoting the time to that, so we'd be at the tender mercies of their record label to do it right.

If someone from the band were to be involved in a reissue, it would definitely be the bass player Billy Gould.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 8:38 am

Troublezone wrote:
Runicen wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I'd second this and add "Angel Dust" to the list.  There are a ton of live recordings, EP, soundtrack cuts and B-Sides from both eras and I'd love to see them touched up sonically and compiled properly.  Sadly, I highly doubt anyone from the band would have any interest in devoting the time to that, so we'd be at the tender mercies of their record label to do it right.

If someone from the band were to be involved in a reissue, it would definitely be the bass player Billy Gould.

I'd even just settle for a 100% complete B-Sides and off-cuts collection like the new Soundgarden one (barring the stupid high price tag). That set made me remember exactly why I loved that band in the first place and I think one for FNM would be the same way.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 10:27 am

I'd be into some FNM stuff too, but like Runicen said, a rarities collection would be better than reissuing the individual albums.

I'd also love:
-GN'R all those demos floating around on youtube. Especially as a stand-alone demos disc, but I'd buy a reissue of Appetite in a heartbeat if it had a bonus disc of that stuff. Not sure what else is floating around.
-Same as above for the Skid Row demos
-If there is any actual unreleased stuff from the first four Exodus or Metallica albums, I'd be into any of that stuff as well. I don't know what's out there. I don't need bonus live discs or demo versions of the songs from the albums.
-Also, I don't know what all exists that is unreleased by way of Alice Cooper. I know there are some odds and ends that didn't make it to the Life and Crimes, plus any other stuff from the albums since. I'd love a full discography reissue with comprehensive bonus discs, to include anything that wasn't on the boxed set (and throw on era/album specific stuff that was on the boxed set too, while we're at it).
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 11:05 am

The first three KISS albums with bonus demo discs and DVD of concert from coinciding tours. Then maybe the first three LA Guns albums. Plus I'd dig on the first three Death Angel albums.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 12:51 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I'd be into some FNM stuff too, but like Runicen said, a rarities collection would be better than reissuing the individual albums.

I'd also love:
-GN'R all those demos floating around on youtube. Especially as a stand-alone demos disc, but I'd buy a reissue of Appetite in a heartbeat if it had a bonus disc of that stuff. Not sure what else is floating around.

-Also, I don't know what all exists that is unreleased by way of Alice Cooper. I know there are some odds and ends that didn't make it to the Life and Crimes, plus any other stuff from the albums since. I'd love a full discography reissue with comprehensive bonus discs, to include anything that wasn't on the boxed set (and throw on era/album specific stuff that was on the boxed set too, while we're at it).

I'll give a hearty +1 to both of these. I can't imagine what's in the can for GNR, but based on the box alone, there's some prime Alice out there. Hell, I STILL need a proper cd-quality copy of "Can't Sleep, Clowns Will Eat Me." Smile
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 1:15 pm

Runicen wrote:
Hell, I STILL need a proper cd-quality copy of "Can't Sleep, Clowns Will Eat Me."  Smile

You could always track down the special edition of Dragontown with the bonus disc. It's got "Clowns", a kickass live version of "Go to Hell", and live "Dwight Fry" and a terrible remix of "Brutal Planet".

But "Clowns" and that live "Go to Hell" really make it worth it.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 1:56 pm

I have versions of both tracks via eMusic, but would very much prefer a lossless version.

Given how many "off" tracks are as good as or even better than the cuts that make the albums, I wonder if there's still enough Coop stuff out there to make up a strictly "rarities" compilation. If there are enough of them, I'm sure it'd be well worth a listen.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 4:50 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:

The Real Thing is the only one I care about. Just like the Pantera album CFH, it's the only one I like as a whole from start to finish. I think it's one of the best Alt-metal albums ever.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 2:28 pm

I'd love to have a King Diamond remix/remaster and make a deluxe issue of the album "Them". The songs are so bad ass, but the production is shit.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 5:57 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I'd love to have a King Diamond remix/remaster and make a deluxe issue of the album "Them". The songs are so bad ass, but the production is shit.

Agreed, I would also like to see a proper version of the Black Rose rehearsal tape, it would mean completely re recording the whole thing properly but worth it as I really like the  songs on it. You could combine the original rehearsal I guess, kind of like a reverse deluxe edition  lol!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 8:24 am

Lurideath wrote:

I think the original tapes/recordings are shit. No matter how you mix or master it, it won't come out much better.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 12:26 pm

Troublezone wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

The Real Thing is the only one I care about. Just like the Pantera album CFH, it's the only one I like as a whole from start to finish. I think it's one of the best Alt-metal albums ever.

Well it looks like they are doing 2-disc reissues of both The Real Thing and Angel Dust, with some rarities and live stuff.

I will definitely check these out.

http://radio.com/2015/04/23/faith-no-more-real-thing-angel-dust-reissues/

**I appropriated this info from a sleazeroxxx forum post.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 12:35 pm

Not sure if it makes a difference or why it matters but Faith No More said this...

Quote :
Faith No More have issued a statement to clarify that they’ve played no part in an upcoming pair of re-releases.

The Real Thing from 1989 and Angel Dust from 1992 are to be launched as deluxe editions in August, including B-sides, remixes and live tracks.

But FNM say: “The latest statements seem to imply that these are band-sponsored releases. In fact, they are Warners/Rhino re-issues, who still own the license to them.

“This is not to say that they are not worth getting. It's just that they are not coming from us. Hope that makes sense.”

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 12:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Not sure if it makes a difference or why it matters but Faith No More said this...

Quote :
Faith No More have issued a statement to clarify that they’ve played no part in an upcoming pair of re-releases.

The Real Thing from 1989 and Angel Dust from 1992 are to be launched as deluxe editions in August, including B-sides, remixes and live tracks.

But FNM say: “The latest statements seem to imply that these are band-sponsored releases. In fact, they are Warners/Rhino re-issues, who still own the license to them.

“This is not to say that they are not worth getting. It's just that they are not coming from us. Hope that makes sense.”

That doesn't really bother me. If it were a shady company who had no rights/ownership to the music then that would be different. I assume when FNM signed their contracts back in the day they knew they were signing over ownership of the music and that the label could release as they see fit?

I'm way more bummed when big labels own a band's music and let it go out of print and the band can't do anything to get it re-released, like all those Atlantic and MCA bands from the late 80s/early 90s.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 1:12 pm

Yea, that's why I'm not sure why FNM went out of their way to release such a statement if they have no problem with these re-issues. I've seen some other artists raising holy hell and telling their fans NOT to buy certain record label releases because the band had nothing to do with it whatsoever.

Eh, whatever. I'm not buying them either way. My original copy of The Real Thing is all the FNM I want or need.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 2:57 pm

I'd really like these reissues for the bonus content (though I have to ask why they didn't include "The Perfect Crime"), but I'm very wary after blowing bang buck on the Soundgarden Superunknown mega deluxe edition and finding it brickwalled to hell and back sonically.

I was past the return period when I discovered this, so I'm trying to give it some solid listens to see if it's just kicking my ass in comparison to the original, but it's really a mud-fest. The hope is that the FNM remasters will IMPROVE the sound quality that was, not butcher it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 4:06 pm

I wouldn't hold your breath, Rhino has a tendency to over-compress everything they lay their hands on.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 9:00 am

Maybe they've always been bad and I've never noticed, but they were always so damn GOOD for the longest time. I'm thinking of the compilations they've put out, the before last wave of Elvis Costello reissues, etc. They really came off as a company made up of fans making product FOR other fans. It seems like the wheels have come off though.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 9:06 am

I have zero issues with those Ramones reissues Rhino did in like 2001. The Nuggets box set sounds fine to my ears as well. Other than that, I have no idea what I own that is from Rhino.

Also, regarding those FNM deluxe editions...I could care less what the normal albums sound like in the reissue. If you already have the original album you've always had, you can just listen to that. The bonus material is all I'm really interested in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deluxe Editions..
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next