Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deluxe Editions..

Go down 
+15
Troublezone
the sentinel
Runicen
journeyman
Lurideath
Getizzyback
Witchfinder
Thelemech
nevermore
MetalGuy71
glassprison
Shawn Of Fire
Boris2008
corplhicks
brokentulsa
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 10:46 am

What would you like to see released in deluxe version...

I would like to see Def Leppards "on Through the night" released in deluxe...Maybe on disc 2 they could put the original ep, any unreleased material and a few early like tracks..be cool if they maybe had it in vinyl as well with a bonus 7" single...
Another one for me would be Van Halen "Women and Children First"..disc 2 could be a live with David Lee Roth disc and disc 1 could add some bonus unreleased tracks...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 1:00 pm

Deluxe Editions.. 58569453
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 1:19 pm

Probably Kill Em All.

There has to be some rehearsals and demos of all of that stuff with Mustaine still in the band.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 1:33 pm

The only problem with the VH scenario is they have no finished unreleased tracks. They have decades worth of archived ideas, but nothing finished and release-worthy.

They could put out some of the bootleg live stuff as bonus discs, once they cleaned it up and all. The Ipswitch 78 boot I have is really good.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:12 pm

I'd take the unfinished tracks AND the bootleg material. Interviews! Radio spots! Anything at this point!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 6:14 pm

I'd like, more than anything, to see Cinderella's Heartbreak Station and Still Climbing get Deluxe treatment with live material from those tours (there is plenty out there.) But I can't see that ever happening!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 6:55 am

glassprison wrote:
I'd like, more than anything, to see Cinderella's Heartbreak Station and Still Climbing get Deluxe treatment with live material from those tours (there is plenty out there.) But I can't see that ever happening!

Ugh. The last thing we need from Cinderella is another live release. Razz

1991 Live Train to Heartbreak Station
2001 Live at the Key Club
2004 Live - From The Gypsy Road (Same content as Live at the Key Club CD)
2004 In Concert
2005 Live
2006 Extended Versions
2006 Gypsy Road: Live
2009 Authorized Bootleg: Live / Tokyo Dome - Tokyo, Japan Dec 31 1990
2009 Live at the Mohegan Sun
2012 Live in Moscow

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 9:07 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Probably Kill Em All.

There has to be some rehearsals and demos of all of that stuff with Mustaine still in the band.

That would be pretty cool!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 9:31 am

I'm having a hard time coming up with any releases that I want to see re-released again, bonus material or not.

Don't get me wrong, there are definitely some bands that have unreleased songs that I'd love to hear. I'm just tired of buying the "original" album again just to get the bonus material. I'd prefer a stand-alone releases whenever possible.

I've always enjoyed good box sets with unreleased songs and demos, but I think those are a thing of the past for the most part.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 9:33 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Probably Kill Em All.

I am hoping for Deluxe Editions of the first 3 Metallica albums headbanger . I thought that I had read somewhere about this already being worked on.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 9:35 am

Thelemech wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Probably Kill Em All.

I am hoping for Deluxe Editions of the first 3 Metallica albums  headbanger  . I thought that I had read somewhere about this already being worked on.

I thought they were doing some big re-release on vinyl, but I don't recall there being any bonus material being involved. Could that be it?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 9:39 am

^^^ Maybe - but I could have sworn that I heard something about the first couple of albums that were going to be re-released as remasters and double disk Deluxe. Maybe I dreamed it Razz
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 9:55 am

Metallica Deluxe Editions:

http://www.metalinjection.net/upcoming-releases/metallica-is-dropping-remastered-deluxe-versions-of-their-first-two-records-in-2015
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 9:07 pm

I was thinking maybe the 1st 4 Dokken albums.

I've never heard of any rare unreleased tracks from those album's sessions.

There should be some that exist though, I would think.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 2:59 pm

Quote :
I was thinking maybe the 1st 4 Dokken albums.

I've never heard of any rare unreleased tracks from those album's sessions.

There should be some that exist though, I would think.

That would be cool...I was a little disappointed when the Rock Candy versions didn't have unreleased bonus tracks...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 5:00 pm

The first 5 Metal Church albums are way the F*ck overdue for the deluxe treatment.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 11:22 am

All the Grim Reaper albums!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 11:23 am

corplhicks wrote:
The first 5 Metal Church albums are way the F*ck overdue for the deluxe treatment.

Yes! This is badly needed.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 11:23 am

Lurideath wrote:
All the Grim Reaper albums!

Yep. That would be great.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 5:49 am

Quote :
Ugh. The last thing we need from Cinderella is another live release.

Fair point! Laughing

On another score, I'm really surprised that not a single demo track has surfaced from the Long Cold Winter, Heartbreak Station or Still Climbing years. The Night Songs demos are cool, but they were such a young band then. I would be thrilled to hear anything from the later years when their songwriting matured.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 4:14 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
What would you like to see released in deluxe version...

I would like to see Def Leppards "on Through the night" released in deluxe...Maybe on disc 2 they could put the original ep, any unreleased material and a few early like tracks..be cool if they maybe had it in vinyl as well with a bonus 7" single...
Another one for me would be Van Halen "Women and Children First"..disc 2 could be a live with David Lee Roth disc and disc 1 could add some bonus unreleased tracks...

I'd like to see Def Leppard do that.

I'd certainly be interested in some unreleased Van Halen. I always thought it would be cool if they officially released the demo(s). From what I heard, they actually had the demo Gene helped with and one that WB/Ted was involved in. I recently acquired the boot Zero and it is really cool. Not sure if any of that is true, but I've read in interviews that Eddie refers to the demo as having 25 songs, so I'm not sure if they recorded 25 songs and just selected a few for the demo. I also heard many rumors that Van Halen recorded quite a few of their concerts, which would be nice to hear. either way, Van Halen has quite a bit of material in the can. I'd say release it, why not. Even if some of those ideas ended up on later albums or could be, it would still be cool to hear. One thing is for sure, there are two versions of Running with the Devil. The one on Van Halen I and the other on Best of vol. 1
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 6:12 am

I have a really weird entry, but some of you may share my interest in this.

Get Steven Wilson to do a remix/remaster of Turbo by Judas Priest, BUT throw ALL of the out-takes from those sessions back in and give us Twin Turbos as originally conceived.

*drops the mic*
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 5:44 pm

That would be great to hear the twin Turbo album. I'd also love to hear the Sock Aitken Waterman songs that Priest recorded. Hopefully one day those will see the light of day.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Runicen wrote:
I have a really weird entry, but some of you may share my interest in this.

Get Steven Wilson to do a remix/remaster of Turbo by Judas Priest, BUT throw ALL of the out-takes from those sessions back in and give us Twin Turbos as originally conceived.

*drops the mic*

Absolutely! Deluxe Editions.. 604261 I actually made my own Twin Turbos mix a few years back. I took the bonuses from the remasters and the demos from the Metalogy box set. Last year I added the 5 Souls bonus tracks from the second disc of Redeemer. It gets me through. Smile
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 4:37 am

the sentinel wrote:
Absolutely! Deluxe Editions.. 604261  I actually made my own Twin Turbos mix a few years back. I took the bonuses from the remasters and the demos from the Metalogy box set. Last year I added the 5 Souls bonus tracks from the second disc of Redeemer.  It gets me through. Smile

I need to check out the tracks from Metalogy. All of the out-takes used as bonus tracks on the individual remasters are great - or at least on par with the material the made the Turbo album as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deluxe Editions.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deluxe Editions..   Deluxe Editions.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deluxe Editions..
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next