Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Def Leppard Deluxe Editions

Go down 
+13
spiritoradio
HellRaiser
7thSaviour
MetalGuy71
libertynjustice
Smindas
Troublezone
tohostudios
Schbopo
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
metalinmyveins
A Handful of Wayne
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Empty
PostSubject: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:52 pm

DEF LEPPARDDef Leppard Deluxe Editions Mag-glass_10x10, Britain's greatest arena rock band, is set to release deluxe editions of the classic albums "Pyromania" and "Adrenalize" on June 8 (U.K.) / June 9 (world) / June 16 (North America). The band also headline Dublin's O2 Arena on Friday, June 12 and headline the U.K.'s Download festival on Sunday, June 14.

Having sold over 65 million albums worldwide since their debut release in 1980 and proved themselves one of rock music's hardest working and consistently powerful live bands (playing to over 50 million fans in the last 15 years alone), DEF LEPPARD's timely deluxe editions are a must for any discerning music fan.

DEF LEPPARD remains one of only five rock groups who can claim two separate original 10-million-plus-selling albums in the U.S. ("Pyromania" being one of them). The others are THE BEATLES, LED ZEPPELINDef Leppard Deluxe Editions Mag-glass_10x10, PINK FLOYDDef Leppard Deluxe Editions Mag-glass_10x10 and VAN HALEN.

Both deluxe editions will feature deluxe digipack gatefold packaging with expanded booklets containing rare and previously unseen photographs, comprehensive sleeve notes telling the story behind each album and include images of rare single covers and memorabilia from the period. Liner notes come from Rolling Stone's David Fricke.

"Pyromania", DEF LEPPARD's third album originally released in 1983, was the album that took the band to the global stage. Produced by Robert "Mutt" Lange, the album sold over 10 million copies in the USA alone and spawned the huge singles "Photograph", "Rock Of Ages" and "Foolin'". The deluxe edition features a remastered version of the original album and a bonus disc of a previously unreleased 15-track show from The Forum in Los Angeles in 1983.

The full track listing follows:

Disc One - Pyromania:

01. Rock! Rock! (Til You Drop)
02. Photograph
03. Stagefright
04. Too Late For Love
05. Die Hard The Hunter
06. Foolin'
07. Rock Of Ages
08. Comin' Under Fire
09. Action! Not Words
10. Billy's Got A Gun

Disc Two - Live L.A. Forum 1983:

01. Rock! Rock! (Til You Drop)
02. Rock Brigade
03. High 'N' Dry (Saturday Night)
04. Another Hit And Run
05. Billy's Got A Gun
06. Mirror Mirror (Look Into My Eyes)
07. Foolin'
08. Photograph
09. Rock Of Ages
10. Bringin' On The Heartbreak
11. Switch 625
12. Let It Go
13. Wasted
14. Stagefright
15. Travellin' Band

"Adrenalize", DEF LEPPARD's fifth studio album from 1992, followed the enormous "Hysteria" (released in 1987) and cemented the band as the dominant arena rock band. The album was recorded following the tragic death of guitarist Steve Clark — with Phil Collen recording all guitar parts — and dedicated to his memory. The album featured huge singles such as "Let's Get Rocked" and "Make Love Like A Man" and debuted at No. 1 in both the U.K. and USA (and went on to sell over 7 million copies worldwide). The album was produced by DEF LEPPARD and Mike Shipley with Robert "Mutt" Lange as executive producer. The deluxe edition features a remastered version of the original album with a bonus disc of rare, live, acoustic and demo versions.

The full track listing follows:

Disc One - Adrenalize:

01. Let's Get Rocked
02. Heaven Is
03. Make Love Like A Man
04. Tonight
05. White Lightning
06. Stand Up (Kick Love Into Motion)
07. Personal Property
08. Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad
09. I Wanna Touch U
10. Tear It Down

Disc Two - Rare, Live, Acoustic and Demo:

01. Hysteria - In The Clubs In Your Face (Bonn 29/05/92)
02. Photograph - In The Clubs In Your Face
03. Pour Some Sugar On Me - In The Clubs In Your Face
04. Let's Get Rocked - In The Clubs In Your Face
05. You Can't Always Get What You Want - B-Side
06. Little Wing With Hothouse Flowers - B-Side
07. Tonight (Version 2-Demo Version) - B-Side
08. Now I'm Here (Live) - B-Side
09. Two Steps Behind (Acoustic) B-Side
10. Tonight (Acoustic) - B-Side
11. Too Late For Love (Live) - B-Side
12. Women (Live) - B-Side

Sounds like i'll be getting these. The extras on these seem better than Hysteria that came out a year or so ago. Ive wanted to pick it up but it seemed to be a little expensive and there wasnt really anything special with the bonus cd. Did anyone pick that up?

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 2:05 pm

I'll be on these....for sure.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 2:18 pm

I was wondering what the official release dates would be on these. Thanks Phoenix for the info. I will definitely be getting the "Pyromania" deluxe edition. I love the live set!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:32 pm

The Pyromanina delux looks great!!!!! I want that one!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:36 pm

That 1983 L.A. Forum gig has been widely available as a bootleg for years. I used to have a tape of it, very good stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:37 pm

IF they really wanted to improve Pyromania, they'd take "Rock of Ages" off of it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:42 pm

Is there a deluxe edition of High N Dry?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:45 pm

Schbopo wrote:
IF they really wanted to improve Pyromania, they'd take "Rock of Ages" off of it.

Watch your mouth boy!!!! Them fightn words!!!!!!!! Yes, it's over played, but still a GREAT song.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:

If not, there should be.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:51 pm

I didn't see one on Amazon.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:

When the announcement was made around 2 months ago regarding both "Pryomania" and "Adrenalize" deluxe editions, Ross Halfin stated on his website that he has plenty of photos to supply the band from the High 'N Dry days (for a nice inner sleeve). Don't be surprised if you see something in the works for that album as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 12:18 am

Will love getting Pyromania and I would vote for a special edition High N Dry.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:45 am

There should be a deluxe version of Hysteria instead of Adrenalize. I'll probably get the Pyro' one.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:04 am

There already is a deluxe version of Hysteria, it came out a little while ago - I bought it a few weeks ago. I guess that's how they tested the waters for this release. It's a good little package, lots of B-sides and live tracks. I think I'll probably pick up Pyromania when these drop.

Metal novice
Metal novice
libertynjustice

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:31 am

very cool!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:04 am

If they release super-duper deluxe editions of their 1st two albums, I could be interested. As for these, they sound nice, but I'll pass.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:10 am

I'll see Def leppard for the second time in August. silent
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:43 pm

I will grab both of these (already own the Hysteria reissue). I have a couple of the Adrenalize CD singles, so that one might be less of a priority (combined with the fact that I don't like that album all that much either), but the Pyro reissue will be a must.

I'd definitely grab a High N Dry reissue if they were to do one.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:05 pm

I want a deluxe edition of On Through The Night instead of Adrenalize, but that is just me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:17 pm

I'll own these...

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
If they release super-duper deluxe editions of their 1st two albums, I could be interested. As for these, they sound nice, but I'll pass.

Im with ya on this one. Maybe on the Pyro, but I dont like Adrenalize enough to even buy a regular copy of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:54 pm

DeathCult wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Im with ya on this one. Maybe on the Pyro, but I dont like Adrenalize enough to even buy a regular copy of it.

I'd considder the Pyromania one only because that's one of the early DL discs I've never upgraded from cassette tape. But I've gone this long without it and I don't feel I'm missing it.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:05 pm

No deluxe edition of "On Through the Night"? just kidding

Not the world's biggest Lep' fan anymore, but those might be worth snagging.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:07 pm

Quote :
Not the world's biggest Lep' fan anymore

Mmmm...I don't know. You look pretty close.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:35 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'd considder the Pyromania one only because that's one of the early DL discs I've never upgraded from cassette tape. But I've gone this long without it and I don't feel I'm missing it.

I bought Pyro on disc when I first started buying albums, and I couldnt tell you the last time I listened to it. I like DL, but except for the first two, Im completely burnt out on them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard Deluxe Editions   Def Leppard Deluxe Editions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Def Leppard Deluxe Editions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next