Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions Empty
PostSubject: Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions   Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 6:00 am

You know, more bands need to do this. There are possibly the best reissued set of albums i've ever heard of. I only have Overkill and Ace of Spades, but I plan on getting more.

*appreciates!*
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions   Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 8:31 am

These are the ones with the additional live discs?

I already have the Castle Records reissues of all the Motorhead albums with bonus tracks. I can't see rebuying these album AGAIN when they were just reissued a couple years ago.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions   Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 8:41 am

ultmetal wrote:
These are the ones with the additional live discs?

I already have the Castle Records reissues of all the Motorhead albums with bonus tracks. I can't see rebuying these album AGAIN when they were just reissued a couple years ago.

Yeah.

You could put the bonus disks on you lala list.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions   Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 10:42 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
You know, more bands need to do this. There are possibly the best reissued set of albums i've ever heard of. I only have Overkill and Ace of Spades, but I plan on getting more.

*appreciates!*

It could be a cool idea for other bands, but please, enough with the Motorhead re-issues. I'm a huge fan, but enough is enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions   Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 11:48 am

Adding a bunch of live stuff doesn't really appeal to me, I prefer the bonus stuff to be demos, unreleased songs, b-sides, alt. versions, reheasals and so on.

I have a bunch of the Motorhead Castle issues with the extra songs and those are just fine with me.

And I agree with Metalguy enough with the Motorhead re-issues and may I add enough with all these multiple re-issues in general!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions   Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 12:06 pm

firestar wrote:
Adding a bunch of live stuff doesn't really appeal to me, I prefer the bonus stuff to be demos, unreleased songs, b-sides, alt. versions, reheasals and so on.

I have a bunch of the Motorhead Castle issues with the extra songs and those are just fine with me.

And I agree with Metalguy enough with the Motorhead re-issues and may I add enough with all these multiple re-issues in general!

Actually, they have added a second disc with an entire show from whatever period of the band is represented from that album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions   Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 12:09 pm

I know and that is kind of cool but live on disc doesn't always work for me. It's just not the same if you're not there.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions   Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 12:12 pm

ultmetal wrote:
firestar wrote:

Actually, they have added a second disc with an entire show from whatever period of the band is represented from that album.

It's a nice addition, but not enough to make me want to buy the album again for the 2nd (or sometimes 3rd) time.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions   Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 12:48 pm

gotta all the last motorhead remasters . . . can't be bothered to get these ones.

i have the music and thats what matterss
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions   Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 8:31 pm

I have all of the expanded versions except for Ace of Spades. They're actually really awesome. Overkill isn't as thrilling because the bonus disc is mostly alternate versions or tracks from BBC Live & In Session. Bomber, as well, is not as cool. It has the Golden Years ep, along with some alternate takes and this and that.

The good stuff is Iron Fist (my fav), Another Pefect Day, Orgasmatron, and Rock'n'Roll. The live stuff is awesome, especially on Iron Fist. It's so cool to hear some material from that album performed live, as it's one of my fav albums. The packaging is also cool. They come with expanded booklets with awesome photos and essays.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions   Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:02 pm

I got all of the Deluxe editions very cool set! Only minor thing that bothers me is the spine of the cases dont face the same way otherwise i like them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions   Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:39 pm

They should have made the side spines line up to make a picture, like in the Megadeth and Priest remasters. Orgasmatron would look wicked awesome on the sides.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions   Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorhead Deluxe Expanded Editions
Page 1 of 1