Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter)

Go down 
+2
scottmitchell74
glassprison
6 posters
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter) Empty
PostSubject: Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter)   Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 9:01 am

The first single from this project is pretty cool. I'm looking forward to this one. (Any bets on how many albums Jorn will be featured on this year?)

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter)   Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 6:36 pm

Fantastic! If the whole album is this good, then I'm in. On a side note, Lande looks funny trying to look tough with his soft, round face. What I golden voice!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter)   Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 8:02 pm

Sounds great.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter)   Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 11:58 am

Hmmm, the album is very hit and miss, a little campy at times. Is this going to be a stage show 'cause it feels that way.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter)   Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 8:30 pm

I'm not quite sure what you mean by campy, but I'm going to check it out later tonight. That will be a shame if this single is not indicative of what the album is actually like.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter)   Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 8:35 pm

Wow, I see what you mean. Did Geoff Tate have his fingers in this project at all?!?!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter)   Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 11:56 am

By campy I meant cheesy, it's like the songs were meant for some kind of rock opera. Walking on Water, River of Tears and Into the Dark are good but it's an odd listen overall.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter)   Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 9:12 pm

Yeah, I agree. Disappointing...
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter)   Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 11:21 am

Oh well, i'm sure Jorn will be on at least three other albums.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter)   Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 5:59 pm

I've listened to 4 songs so far, and I like what I've heard. I do have a long and known history of loving cheesiness. I usually don't go in for Jorn's proggier stuff, so this is nice for me.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter)   Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 1:58 pm

Most Jorn stuff is super cheesy, and so are most of Trond Holters projects too, this one is no exception. But that aside i think this is a great album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter)   Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 9:12 pm

I wasnt expecting much from this album but I actually like it a lot.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter)   Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 10:25 pm

Listening to the whole thing on Youtube. This is "must buy" good and I'll be getting it soon. It's very catchy, and the vocal performances are simply outstanding.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter)   Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 12:19 am

Finally picked this up. It's thoroughly enjoyable. It is cheesy at times, but the melodies and Jorn's voice are really, really on. So worth it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter)   Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 6:54 pm

9 days later and I can't get this thing out of my CD player. It's going to be my #1 for 2015 easily, unless a top-10 "desert island" type album comes out soon.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter)   Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Bump for one of the best albums I've heard in the last few years. Woo!
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter)   Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 11:59 pm

My #1 cd of the year 2015! I loved this..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter)   Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dracula--Swing of Death (Jorn Lande and Trond Holter)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: