Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diablo Swing Orchestra

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Diablo Swing Orchestra Empty
PostSubject: Diablo Swing Orchestra   Diablo Swing Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:05 pm

http://www.myspace.com/diabloswingorchestra

Anyone who knows me from other boards knows I consider this band my find of 2007 (although their album was released in 2006).

What do they sound like? It depends what song you listen to. Listen to Balrog Boogie and you can see where the "Swing" part of the band name comes from. Think a cross between Brian Setzer Orchestra and Tarja-fronted Nightwish.

But then listen to "Poetic Pitbull Revolution". Flamenco guitars and operatic vocals. Maybe Los Lobos meets Nightwish.

Then check out "Wedding March For A Bullet" (my favorite track on the album). Miami Sound Machine mixed with Nightwish.

Love it or hate it, I think you have admit that this band is really different.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Swing Orchestra   Diablo Swing Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:09 pm

Shame I hate NIGHTWISH.....

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Swing Orchestra   Diablo Swing Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:10 pm

Yeah, if operatic vocals bother you, you wouldn't like this. I love it; totally unique IMO.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Swing Orchestra   Diablo Swing Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:11 pm

Pimp!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Swing Orchestra   Diablo Swing Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:14 pm

I had actually forgotten about this album until I ran across it among the 50 or so CDs in my car. I had to pop it in and listen to Wedding March. Man, I love that song!!!

Then I did a SEARCH here and found no one had mentioned them so I figured, why not?

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Swing Orchestra   Diablo Swing Orchestra Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:16 pm

I was shocked and a wee bit disappointed I didn't see something from them on my Comps! However, they have a good Myspace site....
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Swing Orchestra   Diablo Swing Orchestra Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 4:49 pm

I'm loving it! something ive been looking for for a long time!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Swing Orchestra   Diablo Swing Orchestra Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 5:28 pm

Cool! You can get the CD at CDBaby. The whole thing is great; if you like what's on their MySpace, you'll dig the whole thing.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Swing Orchestra   Diablo Swing Orchestra Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 9:18 pm

*bump*

Anyone else check this band out?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Swing Orchestra   Diablo Swing Orchestra Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:38 am

Bump

I am listening to them right now the song 'Balrog Boogie' rules!!! I have no idea how you would describe the music on this CD expect that I love it.

I couldn't believe there was a thread on this band, shows how diverse the taste of the members of this board are.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Swing Orchestra   Diablo Swing Orchestra Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:46 am

They're supposed to have a new one out sometime this year. I can't wait!

And you're right, the styles on that album are all over the place. My faves are Wedding March For A Bullet and Poetic Pitbull Revolution.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Swing Orchestra   Diablo Swing Orchestra Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:48 am

tohostudios wrote:
They're supposed to have a new one out sometime this year. I can't wait!

And you're right, the styles on that album are all over the place. My faves are Wedding March For A Bullet and Poetic Pitbull Revolution.

I thought this was interesting and amusing this their so called backstory:

The back-story recounts a historically questionable, though amusing, ancestral story beginning in 16th century Sweden. Supposedly, ancestors of the band members performed orchestral works in defiance of the ruling church at the time (possibly the newly installed protestant Lutheran national church, in power during the mid and late 16th century). The orchestra was forced to go into hiding, performing in secret, with the assistance of oppressed peasants during the era. After years of performing for the pleasure of these peasants, the story claims that the church put a bounty on the performers lives, and that this bounty was so high that the orchestra knew they would soon be captured, and thus chose to play a spectacular final show before becoming martyred to the church.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diablo Swing Orchestra   Diablo Swing Orchestra Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diablo Swing Orchestra
Page 1 of 1