Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Allen-Lande's The Revenge

Go down 
+3
kmorg
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Allen-Lande's The Revenge Empty
PostSubject: Allen-Lande's The Revenge   Allen-Lande's The Revenge Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 6:55 pm

One of my favorite albums in recent years is the great debut of Russel Allan and Jorne Lande-The Battle. Every song is memorable and they are regulars in my playlist. I hear the new album is even better, but here in the States the only way to get it is to buy the import. Does anyone know if there is going to be a U.S. release or is it one of those albums that never reaches American shores?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Allen-Lande's The Revenge   Allen-Lande's The Revenge Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 6:57 pm

No idea. The only reason I don't own it yet is because I can't find it. The debut can be found around here.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Allen-Lande's The Revenge   Allen-Lande's The Revenge Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 7:00 pm

I have it (an import I guess) and it's great! I don't know how to rank it compared to the first....it's just as good in my opinion...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allen-Lande's The Revenge   Allen-Lande's The Revenge Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 7:54 pm

I've heard good things about these guys. I'll have to pick something up.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Allen-Lande's The Revenge   Allen-Lande's The Revenge Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 8:39 pm

Great melodic metal somewhere in the Masterplan, Pink Cream 69, Last Tribe, Tony O'hora realm......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allen-Lande's The Revenge   Allen-Lande's The Revenge Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 11:49 pm

That sounds like it right up my alley then. I'm a huge sucker for melodic metal.

🤘
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Allen-Lande's The Revenge   Allen-Lande's The Revenge Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 4:17 am

Still need the follow up. Love the debut!

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Allen-Lande's The Revenge   Allen-Lande's The Revenge Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 6:40 pm

If they are still on LOcomotive Records, I'd yes there is a decent chance for a USA release-TJ
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Allen-Lande's The Revenge   Allen-Lande's The Revenge Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 6:35 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I have it (an import I guess) and it's great! I don't know how to rank it compared to the first....it's just as good in my opinion...

After 3 listens and more to come I must say while IMO it does not equal the splendor of the debut, it is still a five star album nonetheless. Once again Mangus has successfully brought together two of the best vocalists in the history of metal and would most definatly have been in my top 5 last year had it been released in the U.S. at the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allen-Lande's The Revenge   Allen-Lande's The Revenge Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 4:19 pm

Listening to 'The Revenge' right now...top-shelf Melodic Metal with 2 of the greatest voices in the field today!!
Back to top Go down
Metalgiant
Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Allen-Lande's The Revenge   Allen-Lande's The Revenge Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:07 pm

I agree it is a great album but not as good as the debut.
JORN`s new soloalbum is killer, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allen-Lande's The Revenge   Allen-Lande's The Revenge Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:36 pm

You signature stinks, DB. But your avatar is soooooooo cute.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Allen-Lande's The Revenge   Allen-Lande's The Revenge Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:40 pm

I found this album boring. Great vocals but the songs didn't do anything for me.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Allen-Lande's The Revenge   Allen-Lande's The Revenge Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:04 pm

Love it!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Allen-Lande's The Revenge   Allen-Lande's The Revenge Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:08 pm

I'll sell my copy if anyone is interested.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Allen-Lande's The Revenge   Allen-Lande's The Revenge Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:29 pm

IMO it isn't as memorable as the debut but it still is a 4/5 just from Magnus's playing and the vocals. Killer cd...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Allen-Lande's The Revenge   Allen-Lande's The Revenge Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 2:25 pm

I found that the more I listened to the more I liked it. Definatly not as instantly grabbing as the first one but certainly a good follow up.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Allen-Lande's The Revenge   Allen-Lande's The Revenge Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:14 pm

This made the rotation again.

Masterpiece of Melodic Metal!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allen-Lande's The Revenge   Allen-Lande's The Revenge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Allen-Lande's The Revenge
Page 1 of 1