Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JORN LANDE to release

Go down 
+13
sovdat
DallasBlack
Lurideath
Metal Misfit
Wargod
Stender
Thrasher73
kmorg
A Handful of Wayne
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
MetalRob331
17 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

JORN LANDE to release Empty
PostSubject: JORN LANDE to release "DIO tribute album   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:37 pm

This shall be awesome and a lot of people seem to think this is way too soon to be releasing this but anything with Jorn will be mine...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140470

Last edited by MetalRob331 on Fri May 21, 2010 3:45 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:48 pm

Nothing wrong with a tribute album I suppose. I'm a little surprised at how soon he's put this whole thing together.

Album title, track-listing and video already done. It's almost like he had all this planned out already and was just waiting for the right time to release it. Eh, good for him. I'm not a fan of his brand of melodic metal, but the guy's got talent.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:49 pm

Dio's barely even in the ground yet for cryin' out loud. What did Jorn do, start bangin' this album out as soon as Ronnie got sick?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dio's barely even in the ground yet for cryin' out loud. What did Jorn do, start bangin' this album out as soon as Ronnie got sick?

That's the only logical explanation, unless he's just that good in the studio. Jorn Lande loved DIO and maybe when he heard he was struggling with his health he started working on this.

Here is the first single, wrote by Jorn himself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEtyaC6ltQg
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:50 pm

I think this album was already in the works.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Yea this album was being worked on while he was still alive. I think it just ended up being a coincidence.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:21 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Yea this album was being worked on while he was still alive. I think it just ended up being a coincidence.

This is true. I talked to a friend of Jørn's the other day, and he told me about this. Dio himself knew about this CD coping up. And I think Wndy is in some way associated with this too.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Nothin wrong with a Tribute to the man.Glad he's doing this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:27 pm

I think it's cool and I bet we see a couple of these.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:29 pm

kmorg wrote:

This is true. I talked to a friend of Jørn's the other day, and he told me about this. Dio himself knew about this CD coping up. And I think Wndy is in some way associated with this too.

Well, that makes a little more sense. I say "go for it".

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:33 pm

I would like to hear this. I'm sure if he was a good bud of Dio's that its not oportunism as everybodys saying.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Awesome it will be mine!

Wargod51

NP: Morbid Sin - Sins Of The Flesh
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 4:35 pm

Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:03 pm

Good for him! I'm glad he's doing it. There will be a LOT of these in the future I can imagine also. At least it is very well worth doing for Dio.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:53 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Good for him! I'm glad he's doing it. There will be a LOT of these in the future I can imagine also. At least it is very well worth doing for Dio.

I'm sure there will be a lot but most will probably be a mix of different bands and artists. I myself would much rather hear an album like this with a world class singer like Jorn, then a bunch of musicians thrown together.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:58 pm

They already made a DIO tribute album. That one was pretty good. To do another would be over doing it, I think. This Jorn Dio tribute though is different and I'll be picking it up.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:10 pm

They already made a DIO tribute album. That one was pretty good. To do another would be over doing it, I think. This Jorn Dio tribute though is different and I'll be picking it up.

I'm with you on this. This is going to be a higly anticipated release for me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 7:25 am

Of course he recorded the song + a video in last 5 days since Dio passed. I wish this money grabbing bastard to burn in hell for ever and ever. Not to say that the song is even worse that his grimaces. JORN LANDE to release 47715
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 7:40 am

A tribute to DIO is a must. I can't believe he's gone.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:43 am

sovdat wrote:
Of course he recorded the song + a video in last 5 days since Dio passed. I wish this money grabbing bastard to burn in hell for ever and ever. Not to say that the song is even worse that his grimaces. JORN LANDE to release 47715

Failed to read the entire thread, did we? This was planned long before Dio's passing. As I already wrote Jorn even talked to Ronnie about this. So Ronnie knew, and Wendy knew about this. It's unfortunate that Dio never got to hear the result though.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 4:38 pm

This will be a must-buy for me. One of my top-5 vocalists paying homage to my #1 vocalist. This will either be epically great or an epic turd. There's no in-between.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:00 pm

I have never give this guy a chance. But I have to get it, maybe I end up liking his music
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:05 pm

I dig the song!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:42 am

kmorg wrote:
sovdat wrote:

Failed to read the entire thread, did we? This was planned long before Dio's passing. As I already wrote Jorn even talked to Ronnie about this. So Ronnie knew, and Wendy knew about this. It's unfortunate that Dio never got to hear the result though.

Did he write the "Song for Ronnie James" months ago as well?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 4:16 am

sovdat wrote:
kmorg wrote:
sovdat wrote:

Did he write the "Song for Ronnie James" months ago as well?

At the best of my knowledge, yes. He even did a video for it before Dio passed.

PostSubject: Re: JORN LANDE to release   JORN LANDE to release Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JORN LANDE to release
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: