Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shadows Fall

Go down 
+8
KissinMaiden
7thSecond
nevermore
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Wargod
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

Shadows Fall - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 2:11 am

I like Shadowsfall a lot
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 8:37 am

Put them off for a long time due to the phrase "metalcore" used to describe them. However, earlier this year I got two albums from a used CD store and must say that I am very impressed. Although I do like Trivium, when it comes to metalcore/thrash hybrids I'd say Shadows Fall is by far the better band.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 8:33 am

Listened to "Thread of Life" this morning and it reminds me a lot of the recent TRIVIUM release. Sort of a mixture of thrash, metalcore and modern rock. Some good guitar solos peppered throughout. Will have to give it a few more spins to really digest it.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 2:32 pm

Been a fan since hearing the War Within.Awesome album from start to finish.I never really thought of them as metalcore.Maybe they are,but just better at it than others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 5:27 pm

I consider them to be modern thrash metal. They were at one time a very metalcore band, but their last two have been solid departures from their early metalcore roots.

I seen them live recently and they boldy professed that they were pursuing a thrash metal direction! I can't wait for their next one!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 5:28 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Been a fan since hearing the War Within.Awesome album from start to finish.I never really thought of them as metalcore.Maybe they are,but just better at it than others.

"The War Within" is where they ditched the metalcore. "Threads of Life" is even better!

🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 11:14 am

These guys got a new one coming out September 15th, Retribution, for those that care. More info can be found here...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=122895

I'm not usually one for the harsh vocals, but for whatever reason I like these guys. Been slowly collecting up all their releases and looking forward to the newest one.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:56 pm

Bump for the new album...

Retribution smokes!! Dare I say I'm even digging it *slightly* more than the new Megadeth.

It seems like they're blending in more clean vocals with the harsh stuff, but also adding some acoustic guitar and more melodic elements without losing any intensity. Don't know if this move will gain any new fans or lose any old ones, but I think it's safe to say if you've enjoyed their last few releases, you should like this one too.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:14 pm

I feel the same way. This album blows away the new Megadeth a thousand times over. I really enjoyed this album even more than the previous one which I thought was a little boring. They went out with all guns blazing on this one. I think its great!

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:11 pm

Retribution is a good album, they have matured a lot, but you think it smokes Endgame? The guitars are good but not even close to 'deth. Ah well, just opinons.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:03 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Retribution is a good album, they have matured a lot, but you think it smokes Endgame? The guitars are good but not even close to 'deth. Ah well, just opinons.

I'm still having issues with Endgame being memorable. It's great while I listen to it, but as soon as it's over, I forget it. Retribution on the other hand is staying with me long after the cd is over. I got both cds on the same day, so it's tough not to make immediate comparrisons. Who knows how they'll pan out in the long run though.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:39 pm

Let me revive an old,old thread here,haha. Love this song!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:58 pm

Dang, I was hoping this was being bumped for new album info. Haven't heard from these guys in awhile. Anyone know what they're up to?

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadows Fall
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2