Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shadows Fall

Go down 
+8
KissinMaiden
7thSecond
nevermore
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Wargod
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:25 am

Anyone here into this band?

I didn't used to like them years ago - but I seen them live a few weeks back and was completely blown away by them. I picked up their latest album, "Threads of Life" - and was pleasantly surprised in it. Gone was the boring metalcore - and in were thrashy, catchy songs.

Really this band has become a driving force in the modern thrash scene. Brain Fair stated that they were going in a thrash direction when I seen them live - so this is great to me (as I love thrash and am not very into metalcore).

Who else likes this band? What do you think of "Threads of Life"?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 am

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:54 am

Back to top Go down

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:56 am

Cool thanks!

By the way, I noticed that thread is pretty old. Like from last April.

Is it okay to start new threads on same topics if it's been a while since they were last discussed?

Just trying to learn the rules around here.

Smile
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:59 am

probably, but one of the big dogs can give you a definite answer. either way, my opinion is the same as it was then. just for your reference. Wink

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 1:01 am

Right on! Appreciated!

Smile
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 1:01 am

I don't mind if you do. If it's old, don't worry about dredging it up. Probably should have been moved when it went inactive, but ya can't catch 'em all!

Shadows Fall Empty

blackieboy wrote:
Cool thanks!

By the way, I noticed that thread is pretty old. Like from last April.

Is it okay to start new threads on same topics if it's been a while since they were last discussed?

Just trying to learn the rules around here.

:)
Well, sure, it's not against rules or anything. The thing about it is that creating new threads is like asking someone to repeat themselves. I just think forums flow better when the conversations have continuity. Say someone replies in the old Shadows Fall thread and they post like three paragraphs. Now you post the same thread, basically, a few months later. Is that person going to post three paragraphs again? Probably not. They'll like just post a one-liner or something.

But that's just my opinion. I love music discussion; I don't like reading things like "Awesome!" or "This album is teh rulez!" You know? Haha.
Back to top Go down

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 1:03 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I don't mind if you do. If it's old, don't worry about dredging it up. Probably should have been moved when it went inactive, but ya can't catch 'em all!
That's a weird thing you guys do that I've never seen. Moving old threads and such. Never seen that before.
Back to top Go down

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 1:03 am

Yes, that makes sense.

But what about when people change their opinion on certain albums? That does happen over the months.

Not trying to argue or anything.

Smile
Back to top Go down

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 1:04 am

blackieboy wrote:
Yes, that makes sense.

But what about when people change their opinion on certain albums? That does happen over the months.

Not trying to argue or anything.

:)
That's also cool when dredging up an old thread. I've posted things on forums only to have it come back up a long while later and I'm like, "I said that?" Haha.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 1:10 am

me too, nothing like pulling a 180 on yourself. who knows, maybe one day i'll think that Def Leppard is teh rulez!. i'll just dig up an old Eyesore thread & let everyone know.

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 1:13 am

mc666 wrote:
me too, nothing like pulling a 180 on yourself. who knows, maybe one day i'll think that Def Leppard is teh rulez!. i'll just dig up an old Eyesore thread & let everyone know.
Haha. That'll be the day indeed!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 9:15 am

Quote :
moved when it went inactive, but ya can't catch 'em all

I agree with this, move to inactive like after 6 months!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 10:08 am

Wargod48 wrote:
Quote :
moved when it went inactive, but ya can't catch 'em all
I agree with this, move to inactive like after 6 months!

Wargod48
Yeah, but you rarely post more than a sentence! It's much easier for you. lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:14 am

Getting back on topic, yes Blackie, I like Shadows Fall. When I 1st heard them, I didn't care for them. Didn't care for the metalcore-tendencies and harsh vocals. But as they seem to be progressing into more thrash-oriented material and splitting between the harsh & clean vocals, I'm digging them.
Back to top Go down

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:36 am

I see it differently, I never thought they were really metalcore back when they started, but now I think they've embraced that cookie-cutter metalcore style (harsh verse, clean chorus, breakdown, possible solo, etc.).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:42 am

Eyesore wrote:
I see it differently, I never thought they were really metalcore back when they started, but now I think they've embraced that cookie-cutter metalcore style (harsh verse, clean chorus, breakdown, possible solo, etc.).

Ehh, all a matter of opinion I guess. I can't listen to their 1st album. It just grates on my nerves. But I just listend to Threads of Life this week and I love it. There is no doubt in my mind that they have changed their sound and long time fans have cried sell-out. Since they're a relatively new find for me, I say "Sell-out boys. I like it".
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:07 pm

Eyesore wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
That's a weird thing you guys do that I've never seen. Moving old threads and such. Never seen that before.

I only move threads if I want to keep them. Eventually old threads just fall off, so if it's a thread I think is worth keeping, I move it into the Vault for safe keeping. That way if someone starts a new thread like, what's your favorite album covers, I don't have to go looking for all those covers again, they are still there in the vault.

As for the band in question, I like them ok. I got into them several years ago areound 2000-2001. Haven't heard their latest but I rarely listen to the CDs I do have by them. I guess I grew quickly bored with metalcore.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 2:28 pm

I like Shadows Fall. Got to catch them live a few times and never saw them put on a bad performance.
Back to top Go down

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 3:24 pm

Ult - that's just it. Their new stuff is not metalcore! I didn't care for their stuff around 2000 either. That was straight out metalcore. Their new stuff is modern thrash.

Man, there are solos in every song on "Threads of Life"! Some of the solos remind me of 'Practice What You Preach' era Testament. Some of the vocal harmonies remind me of old Testament too. Ult, I honestly think you would like their new one.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 7:54 pm

Well you know I like them Allen.
Back to top Go down

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 8:23 pm

Shadows Fall 604261
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 10:42 pm

mc666 wrote:
who knows, maybe one day i'll think that Def Leppard is teh rulez!.

:lol!: coming from Mc666 ;-)
Back to top Go down

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Ehh, all a matter of opinion I guess. I can't listen to their 1st album. It just grates on my nerves. But I just listend to Threads of Life this week and I love it. There is no doubt in my mind that they have changed their sound and long time fans have cried sell-out. Since they're a relatively new find for me, I say "Sell-out boys. I like it".
Opinion, of course. I actually think their early stuff is kind of boring myself. I didn't like the vocals much. The Art Of Balance is where they hit their stride. The new album isn't bad, I just found it to be uninspired.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadows Fall
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: