Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shadows Fall

Go down 
+5
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
AchrisK
ultmetal
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 6:31 pm

Anyone into these guys? My favorite song has to be The Light that Blinds, or Redemption off their new album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 7:20 pm

Liked 'em at first but grew tired of them rather quickly. Haven't listened to them in a while.

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 7:50 pm

Yeah, I liked Of One Blood at first, but it got boring pretty quickly, and I haven't liked anything before or after that one, and I saw them in concert and was bored. Unfortunately for them, Himsa tore the place to shreds 2 slots before Shadows Fall came out, and it was just sort of anti-climactic.

ack
Back to top Go down

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 9:14 pm

Sadly, the new album is cookie-cutter metalcore-cum-traditional metal. The Crusade blows this one away with authenticity. Of course, people are praising Shadows Fall's album, while they talk trash about Trivium's, but they've essentially reinvented themselves in the same manner, only they've done so in a much crisper, more sterile and mainstream manner.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 10:08 pm

they are a decent enough band, but severly overrated.

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 10:25 pm

I'm not a diehard fan don't get me wrong, I've just been into their stuff lately. Never really thought of them as overrated, but I do hear talk about them enough.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 10:48 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Liked 'em at first but grew tired of them rather quickly. Haven't listened to them in a while.

Me as well. I've gotten rid of their discs, as they just don't invite me to listen to them again and again.

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 11:25 pm

I like them. They're decent enough, but definitely overrated. They do a badass cover of Floyd's "Welcome To The Machine," though.
Back to top Go down

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 12:07 am

Of One Blood was pretty good and Art Of Balance had some moments but
for the most part I'm not a fan. The only metalcore band I'm a
real big fan of is Killswitch Engage.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 2:18 am

If they got a better singer they would be great.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 5:13 am

i like them.... good musicians.... sometimes the singer pisses me off
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 8:01 am

love Shadows Fall.I think they are one of the better newer bands going.I guess its all just personal taste or whatever,but I've really got into them since Art of Balance.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 11:08 am

The only release I own is "The War Within", which I listen to fairly often. I've often thought about getting into their other stuff, but for whatever reason just haven't done. I see their cd's quite a bit in the used cd shop I frequent. Part of it is probably the vocals. I like the mix between the clean/harsh vocals on "War...", but am I correct on their older releases, it's mostly harsh vocals? How is their new one?
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 12:33 pm

No. They have always had a mix of clean and harsh vox.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 3:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The only release I own is "The War Within", which I listen to fairly often. I've often thought about getting into their other stuff, but for whatever reason just haven't done. I see their cd's quite a bit in the used cd shop I frequent. Part of it is probably the vocals. I like the mix between the clean/harsh vocals on "War...", but am I correct on their older releases, it's mostly harsh vocals? How is their new one?

The War Within is one of the best metal albums released in the last 5 years.But thats just my opinion-everybodys got one.
Back to top Go down

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 3:48 pm

Quote :
Of course, people are praising Shadows Fall's album, while they talk trash about Trivium's
I'm different than most, I guess. I hate both bands.
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 1:24 am

uuuhhh. . . i think they arent as metalcorish as the rest of the pack but. . . they still kick ass, overrated (IMO their guitarists are) or not
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 11:24 am

I think I'm slowly becoming a fan. I just picked up "Threads of Life" over the weekend and I really like what I hear. Nice blend of harsh/clean vocals and the music is awesome. Cool solos, killer drums.
Back to top Go down

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 12:00 pm

I was pretty impressed with Of One Blood...but my interest diminished afterwards...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 12:17 pm

I am only familiar with "the War Within" and the new one. How does it compare to their older material? Have they "sold-out" or softened up on the newer material to broaden their audience appeal? Anyone?
Back to top Go down

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 12:28 pm

Of One Blood, IMO, was a little more on the Metal side of Metalcore...they've leaned toward the Roadrunner audience more ever since...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shadows Fall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall   Shadows Fall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadows Fall
Page 1 of 1