Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky

Go down 
+6
nevermore
Thrasher73
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
Tur-Thalion
MetalGuy71
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Empty
PostSubject: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:00 pm

New album coming May 15th

Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Shadows-fall-cover

1. The Unknown
2. Divide And Conquer
3. Weight Of The World
4. Nothing Remains
5. Fire From The Sky
6. Save Your Soul
7. Blind Faith
8. Lost Within
9. Walk The Edge
10. The Wasteland

Not my usual cuppa tea (melodic death metal) but I dig these guys. Looking forward to hearing the new one.

Listen to 'The Unknown' here...

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/04/24/exclusive-premiere-shadows-fall-the-unknown/

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:57 pm

I'm pretty behind on Shadows Fall's developments since The Art of Balance but I think "The Unknown" sounds pretty nice. Lots of good shredding for sure. The only thing I really don't like is how the clean vocals sound.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 1:27 pm

That's more melodic death then I have heard from them before. Not that i've hear a lot but this isn't their typical sound. Right?
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 2:10 pm

I think "Of One Blood," which preceded "The Art of Balance," shows a ton of influence from melodic death metal. The last few songs on Of One Blood to me have a heavy early-In Flames vibe.

I think that their first album is pure melodic death metal, but I haven't heard it myself.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 2:11 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
That's more melodic death then I have heard from them before. Not that i've hear a lot but this isn't their typical sound. Right?

Hard to gauge from just one tune, but I'd say it's not far off. Their last album had more clean vocals than the one before it. And that one had more than the one before it and so on and so on. They've slowly progressed from their more hardcore/screamy roots to more of a modern thrash sound. At least I think so. I'm sure someone will chime in here that they were never hardcore/death/glam/whatever.

The point being, there has been a progression of sound from their beginnings. I don't know if this new album will continue in that direction or they will go back to their roots this time around. I usually can't take much of that harsh death metal growling, but something about these guys appeals to me. In fact, these guys are the only band in my collection that would garner the melodic death metal tag.

Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 4:42 pm

Sounds meh to my ears

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 7:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Not my usual cuppa tea (melodic death metal) but I dig these guys. Looking forward to hearing the new one.

If the vocals on this don't bother you, then I doubt you'd have any problems with Opeth's heavier material.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:25 am

MG is right,they've been moving more into a thrash direction with the last couple of releases.I've been on board with this band since The War Within.This new song sounds like some of their earlier albums.Either way Im all over it,they are a newer band I can tolerate.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:29 am

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

If the vocals on this don't bother you, then I doubt you'd have any problems with Opeth's heavier material.

You'd think so, but nope. The problem I have with Opeth's death growls is that I can't understand anything he's saying. He could be singing 'Mary Had A Little Lamb' and all I hear is "ROOOOAAAAARRRRRRRGHGHGHG".

The guy in Shadows Fall is gruff, but I can understand him. Maybe it's just familiarity with them though.

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:20 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

You'd think so, but nope. The problem I have with Opeth's death growls is that I can't understand anything he's saying. He could be singing 'Mary Had A Little Lamb' and all I hear is "ROOOOAAAAARRRRRRRGHGHGHG".

I was like that at first, but now I can understand all of it, I think it just takes a little while to develop the ear for it...kind of like Shakespearean dialogue which is confusing at first, but after 15 minutes or so of a play you get used to it and can understand it. At least that's the way it works for me.

Hell, I like Queens Of The Stone Age but I can't understand half of the stuff Josh says...and he sings clean!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:48 am

Quote :
...kind of like Shakespearean dialogue which is confusing at first, but after 15 minutes or so of a play you get used to it and can understand it. At least that's the way it works for me.

That's how I feel when I'm watching a Guy Ritchie film. I can't understand any of the Cockney slang and heavy accents for the first half hour or so.

You're gonna make an Opeth fan outta me if it's the last thing you ever do, aren't you? Razz

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:54 am

MG buys Opeth album in 3.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:55 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

You're gonna make an Opeth fan outta me if it's the last thing you ever do, aren't you? Razz

Laughing very hard

Nah, it's cool, I just know that back in 2007 when I first sampled some of Opeth's heavier material I said to myself "I'll never listen to this death metal vocal stuff"...now Opeth is my favorite band of the past 20 years...never say never.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:01 pm

I've heard the new track a couple of times and like it. I've liked all their stuff except for Threads Of Life.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:54 am

One of my favorite bands right here! I am stoked for this album. I don't know about all that death metal stuff, but I thought that "Of One Blood" is probably their worst album, the best being "The War Within".
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 7:33 pm

Didn't they just come out with an album a year or two ago?
Also, not digging the death growls, stick to trash metal guys.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 11:05 am

metalhead777 wrote:

They put out a live album last year. The last studio album was Retributon in 2009.

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:

They put out a live album last year. The last studio album was Retributon in 2009.
Retribution was in 09? Dear lord, time really does fly when you get older.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 6:57 pm

Picked this up earlier today. Best Buy has it with two bonus tracks and a DVD for $9.99.

Listened to the first seven songs so far, and it's quality stuff. Very catchy.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 8:36 pm

How are the vocals?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
How are the vocals?
A mix. Some heavier, more death-metal vocals like on early albums, but more or less that mid-range we've seen on the last handful of albums. Plus clean vocals.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:31 pm

I am not a usual fan of this type of metal, but I like these guys and their last few albums, have sounded like they are moving toward a more traditional thrash metal sound
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:37 am

Eyesore wrote:
Picked this up earlier today. Best Buy has it with two bonus tracks and a DVD for $9.99.

Listened to the first seven songs so far, and it's quality stuff. Very catchy.

Hmmmm, maybe I'll be picking this one up sooner than I thought.

Quote :
I am not a usual fan of this type of metal, but I like these guys and their last few albums, have sounded like they are moving toward a more traditional thrash metal sound

I hope they continue in this direction. I was afraid after their last album (which I liked very much) they might have caved into pressure from hardcore fans to go back to their roots and use less clean vocals.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:05 am

I think this new one is as good as the last few.it seems heavier than Retribution.I think it holds up to stuff like The War Within and Threads of Life.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 11:04 am

I'll pick it up for cheap if I can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky   Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadows Fall - Fire From The Sky
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next