Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Van Halen rumors of new album!!!

Go down 
+12
mikeinfla
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Glower
Dr8breed74
thejokeriv
nevermore
Troublezone
manny
journeyman
corplhicks
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 3:05 pm

Looks like we're getting remasters of the Roth catalog as well. Chris Bellman (Bernie Grundman Mastering) is on the project and culling straight from the original 1/4" for CD, vinyl, and DL. Not sure about bonus tracks (we can only hope). And with the live album, apparently there are no touch-ups. So this is a tad more than I've wished for. Full monty: http://www.vhnd.com/2015/02/05/van-halens-definitive-live-album-remasters-full-details/
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 3:29 pm

Van Halen was our band in the late 70's. Southern California baby ! I'd rather have some "official" Roth era live from that time, but this is better than squat. Fer sures buy !

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 4:26 pm

I would not hold my breath for bonus tracks on these albums as A- EVH is a perfectionist crackpot and B- it's being put on vinyl as well and I seriously doubt the put exclusive content on the CD.

Also, since the first 2 are coming in 7 weeks, they would have mentioned it.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 4:28 pm

I believe the both of you to be correct. Smile

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 8:58 am

corplhicks wrote:
Looks like we're getting remasters of the Roth catalog as well. Chris Bellman (Bernie Grundman Mastering) is on the project and culling straight from the original 1/4" for CD, vinyl, and DL. Not sure about bonus tracks (we can only hope). And with the live album, apparently there are no touch-ups. So this is a tad more than I've wished for. Full monty: http://www.vhnd.com/2015/02/05/van-halens-definitive-live-album-remasters-full-details/

Weren't these already remastered? I bought mine in the $5 bin at Walmart and all say Remasters and have the original packaging. I'll pass on these new ones, I have what I need. And I have several of them on vinyl already no need to get them again.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 5:49 pm

Yes they have been remastered but succumbed to heavy compression and sound horrible IMO. I still have my first pressings and vinyl, the difference is phenomenal. Not sure which direction they're headed here but at least the source is good.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 10:43 am

seems a bit strange to have a box set of the new live album and the first and last with DLR. Why leave out the other 4.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 10:52 am

Glad to see that vinyl, CD and download versions are being offered. It appears that either bands, labels, pressure from fans or some combination there of are listening. Now, if only they'd open the vaults and release the stuff that will eventually end up being leaked anyway. Better to benefit from it than to try and stop it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 11:49 am

journeyman wrote:
seems a bit strange to have a box set of the new live album and the first and last with DLR. Why leave out the other 4.

I feel the same way. Probably due to the popularity of the two. I'll probably get the individual releases instead (IF they sound like they should).
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:07 pm

corplhicks wrote:
journeyman wrote:

I feel the same way. Probably due to the popularity of the two. I'll probably get the individual releases instead (IF they sound like they should).

The other 4 are coming in a second wave...

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 9:58 pm

He means it's strange they're being left out of the box set.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 9:21 am

I didn't see anything about a box set. The live album is coming out, and remasters of 1984 and s/t are coming out.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 10:49 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I didn't see anything about a box set. The live album is coming out, and remasters of 1984 and s/t are coming out.

They announced a box set with the live album, S/T and 1984 in it.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 8:02 pm

i don't see the logic in it. My guess is that VH fans are going to buy the live album, and not newcomers. It's not like there is much benefit to getting the box set, like exclusive content not on the individual release. VH fans wanting the remasters will probably end up getting all 6 anyway. The only thing I can figure is that, maybe grouping the highest selling releases with the new one will increase sales of the live album. Just reaching here.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 3:45 pm

I definitely want the Live album (even though I already have two boots with DLR from '07 and '12 ) as it the only official release with Dave. But I have no interest in the remasters unless there is some bonus content like demos or some of the instrumental stuff EVH has done for OST's; I already have the originals and the remasters from a few years ago of the Roth era.
On the way to my bachelor supper a few weeks ago my best man/ best friend were talkin' music in the car and I was mentioning that Metallica was getting the Deluxe/ Legacy treatment and we both almost simultaneously said "I can't believe Halen hasn't done that yet!" Even though VH2 is my all time fave from them (even had that sucker on 8 track as a hand me down from my Uncle) I would love a deluxe of the debut or 1984 or 5150 with a concert or some rare stuff like "Down in Flames" or the demo of "Bullethead."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 11:54 am

Samples from the upcoming live album...

Ehhhh, I dunno. Maybe.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 11:58 am

I know they're old but Dave sounds too nasally.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 12:14 pm

I think Dave sounds like Dave...out of time, out of key, playing the flippant, Vegas comedian...

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 12:15 pm

Ha! They need to grab you Shawn.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 12:19 pm

They certainly didn't tweak the vocals!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 12:22 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I think Dave sounds like Dave...out of time, out of key, playing the flippant, Vegas comedian...

Yea, that sounds about right. Not sure that I want to listen to a whole album of that. I think I'd rather stick to the studio albums for a VH fix.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 12:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yea, that sounds about right. Not sure that I want to listen to a whole album of that. I think I'd rather stick to the studio albums for a VH fix.

If I want to HEAR Van Halen, I'll play the albums...if I want to SEE Van Halen, I don't mind Dave doing that because that's what he does. Thank god for Ted Templeman...

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 1:12 pm

I'll take the Vegas comedian over the tequila salesman any day. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 1:13 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'll take the Vegas comedian over the tequila salesman any day.  Very Happy

Too bad for you. Smile

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 1:25 pm

Except he's not funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen rumors of new album!!!   Van Halen rumors of new album!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Van Halen rumors of new album!!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next