Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album

Go down 
+4
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
Witchfinder
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album Empty
PostSubject: Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album   Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 7:08 pm

Well, it's official - Brian Allen has been replaced by Nick Holleman on lead vocals.  Also, they have a new live album due out soon.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/216701

Here's Holleman doing "Abandoned" -
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album   Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 7:21 pm

Chewie pointed this new guy out to me, saw him live and said he was phenomenal. How old is he??
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album   Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 7:32 pm

Score card...get ya score card... Can't keep track of who's in this band without a score card!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album   Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 7:32 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Chewie pointed this new guy out to me, saw him live and said he was phenomenal. How old is he??

He's 21!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album   Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 7:46 pm

Can't tell much from that clip but Thorpe has a knack for picking good singers.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album   Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 7:50 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

He's 21!

Daaaaamn that's young. And a good thing too. Maybe he'll bring some refreshing energy to the band and stay for a while.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album   Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 8:53 pm

Wow. Too bad about replacing Allen. He was great for the band. Couldn't care less about a live album.Hopefully the new guy will be just as or greater than what's come before.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album   Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 5:19 am

This song posted is probably the best thing I've heard from Vicious Rumors since like World of Mouth. Wouldn't think live version of an old track will pick my interest. Not counting Carl Albert's son perfomance. I really hope this guy will last long with the band.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album   Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:13 pm

Been cruising some live youtube videos from this year and this kid Nick Holleman is INSANE. I can't get over how absolutely splendid his voice and range are. This blew me away in the way that he sounded like Carl yet had his own style to match, and the way he moves around the stage takes me back. They were smart to hire this kid. Gotta see them live at some point.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album   Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:18 pm

Nick is very good and I can't wait to hear new material with him. Also, check out what Carl Albert's son Kevin sounds like singing with band:

The apple didn't fall far from the tree.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album   Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:43 pm

That's so f*cking cool. For him to take an interest in his father's music is one thing, but to actually be involved in it AND have a similar set of vocal chops? Inspiring, I say.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album   Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:59 pm

What a range. Would love to hear him on a new studio album. I am sure he will sound majestic.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album   Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 12:02 am

Yeah, I think this is the most excited I've ever gotten for a new VR release.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album   Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 12:26 pm

He's a VERY good singer and one of the nicest guys out there. Every guy in the band now is super cool though. The new guitarist Bob is a KILLER guitarist too. They were just on the last cruise I was on and they KILLED live!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album   Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vicious Rumors - New Lineup and New Live Album
Page 1 of 1